FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Mythic Keystone Dungeon Preview

LNVaeHK.jpg

Blizzard have just released a preview of Mythic keystone dungeons, which will be coming next reset, September 20th!

Keystone dungeons will be a big part of the endgame for a lot of people and are one of the bigger additions to Legion, mostly inspired by Diablo 3's Nephalem rifts, and I for one can't wait to get my hands on them, almost as  much as the new raids! 5 man content has been on the backburner for several expansions now, but with this, as well as the new pseudo-5man-raid that is Karazhan in 7.1, it seems us 5 man enthusiasts are finally getting what we want!

Blizzard LogoKeystone Mythic Dungeons

A new level of difficulty and rewards is coming soon to Legion’s dungeons, and we’ve got a quick primer for you.

As in Warlords of Draenor, Legion dungeons come in three primary levels of difficulty and rewards: Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. Both Heroic and Mythic difficulties are only available to players at level 110, and you aren’t able to queue for Mythic difficulty via the Dungeon Finder.

Keys of Stone

Starting on September 20, the first time you complete a Mythic dungeon each week, you’ll be rewarded with a Mythic Keystone for a specific dungeon, chosen randomly from among all Mythic dungeons to which you have access. Your very first Keystone will enable access to Mythic Level 2, offering both increased difficulty and rewards.

D0JJDY4RUINT1473394215790.png

We Move Swiftly

To activate your Mythic Keystone, assemble a team of five stalwart heroes, venture to the specified Mythic dungeon, and place the Keystone into the Font of Power just inside. If you don’t interact with the Font, the dungeon will operate in its default Mythic state.

When players activate a Mythic Keystone, a timer begins counting down, and the group has a fixed amount of time to defeat the dungeon’s bosses and a majority of the other enemy forces within the dungeon. Players who are familiar with Challenge Mode dungeons will find that this timer is quite forgiving—its purpose is not to encourage speed runs, but rather to provide a gauge for a well-executed run. Whether or not you beat the time, a chest containing a couple of pieces of loot awaits you at the end of your run.

If you successfully beat the time, your Keystone will be upgraded to a higher level and attuned to a new random dungeon. If you don’t beat the time, your Mythic Keystone is “depleted.” A depleted Keystone can be used to try to beat the timer in the hopes of getting a fresh upgraded Keystone, but runs started with a depleted Keystone will not award loot.

Increasing Challenges

With each increasing level of Mythic difficulty, the health and damage of enemies will increase. In addition, at Levels 4, 7, and 10, new modifiers are introduced that will require players to adapt and evolve to succeed.

Example Keystone modifiers include:

• Raging—Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated.
  • Bolstering—When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their maximum health and damage by 20%.
  • Skittish—Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks.
  • Volcanic—While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players.

These modifiers are visible on each Mythic Keystone, and all Keystones of the appropriate level will have the same modifiers during a given week.

Mythic Keystone Rewards

While creatures do not drop loot normally during a Mythic Keystone run, upon completion of the run, players will find a chest containing two high-quality items for the party. The base item level of these rewards starts at item level 845 for Mythic Level 2, and goes all the way up to item level 865 for a Mythic Level 10.

Please note: the end-of-dungeon reward quality will be capped at a base item level of 850 during the first week of the feature’s availibility, with the full range of rewards unlocking once Mythic raids have opened the following week.

Like most end-game loot in Legion, these items also have a chance to be Warforged or Titanforged, allowing them to potentially scale all the way up to item level 895.

After completing any Mythic Keystone dungeon within the time limit (whether using your own Keystone or someone else’s), a reward chest will be available in your Class Hall the following week. That chest contains a guaranteed piece of gear with a power level reflecting the highest Mythic level you completed during the prior week, up to a maximum of item level 880 for a successful Mythic Level 10 clear. It will also contain a new Mythic Keystone for you, which allows you to jump right back into your weekly Mythic dungeon adventures.

Get Ready

Mythic Keystones will start dropping on September 20. Are you prepared?

• Like 1

Can't wait. I assume each player has to submit the same level keystone for the challenge to start, as in 5 x lvl 4 keystones to start the level 4 mythic. Or am I reading this wrong...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zarathusta said:

Can't wait. I assume each player has to submit the same level keystone for the challenge to start, as in 5 x lvl 4 keystones to start the level 4 mythic. Or am I reading this wrong...

Actually to me it sounds like only 1 player has to spend their keystone, but Blizz tend to write stuff quite confusingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zarathusta said:

First off, me too! Can't wait for this. On the subject of keystones, only 1 keystone is placed in the pedestal to start the mythic + dungeon at the appropriate level, and only that keystone will be upgraded or depleted as a result of the run. As each keystone is for a specific dungeon at a specific level (and changes to a new dungeon and level upon successful run completion) and you only get 1 per week, it would be unreasonable to find, say, 5 Black Rook Hold +4 level keystones in a group of 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps to start it up. :P This does mean though that if your group is unsuccessful in completing one dungeon under the time limit, you can try again for guaranteed loot with someone else's keystone whatever instance it happens to be for. Additionally, the new mythic + interface in-game keeps track of your highest mythic + level completed for the week regardless of whether it was your keystone that began the run or not.

Hope this helps, good luck out there!

• Like 1

This is going to be so much fun! Especially for smaller, tighter groups of friends that already love running mythics together. I run mythics with the same 4 people every night, so this will be a welcome challenge  

My question to everyone is how are you going to prioritize your time next week? Will you be heading straight to the raids with your guild? Or will you be tackling these Mythic+ dungeons right out of the gate?

I'm not sure a static amount of 2 rewards is exactly ideal across all dungeons. For Arcway, Violet Hold and Maw of Souls it seems OK, but on the 5 boss dungeons its feels a little underwhelming to me.

5 people across 5 bosses is 25 chances at a drop, and in the whole run we are only get two? Maybe it is just me but I really feel like its under rewarding. I guess the have done the math on it but still..

Maybe I am just being greedy since we get a guaranteed loot chest in our class halls.

9 hours ago, SilkAus said:

I'm not sure a static amount of 2 rewards is exactly ideal across all dungeons. For Arcway, Violet Hold and Maw of Souls it seems OK, but on the 5 boss dungeons its feels a little underwhelming to me.

5 people across 5 bosses is 25 chances at a drop, and in the whole run we are only get two? Maybe it is just me but I really feel like its under rewarding. I guess the have done the math on it but still..

Maybe I am just being greedy since we get a guaranteed loot chest in our class halls.

This is probably to reduce the chances of getting those CRAZY pieces of gear.

On 15.09.2016 at 0:31 AM, Liquidsoul said:

First off, me too! Can't wait for this. On the subject of keystones, only 1 keystone is placed in the pedestal to start the mythic + dungeon at the appropriate level, and only that keystone will be upgraded or depleted as a result of the run. As each keystone is for a specific dungeon at a specific level (and changes to a new dungeon and level upon successful run completion) and you only get 1 per week, it would be unreasonable to find, say, 5 Black Rook Hold +4 level keystones in a group of 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps to start it up. :P This does mean though that if your group is unsuccessful in completing one dungeon under the time limit, you can try again for guaranteed loot with someone else's keystone whatever instance it happens to be for. Additionally, the new mythic + interface in-game keeps track of your highest mythic + level completed for the week regardless of whether it was your keystone that began the run or not.

Hope this helps, good luck out there!

thank you very much, it does seem to be helpful

So I love this.  I like that there is a way to make dungeons more challenging with a bigger risk/reward ratio.  It also allows for greater variety and more fun.

19 hours ago, Darkjester79 said:

So I love this.  I like that there is a way to make dungeons more challenging with a bigger risk/reward ratio.  It also allows for greater variety and more fun.

It's a great new addition for people that don't like the larger raid content and prefer playing either solo or with a small group of friends. Love that it has come into the game and hope it'll stay around in the future tbh