L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Top 3

43 posts in this topic

qVWBe5B.png

This week's Tavern Brawl is called Top 3. It is the natural successor to the very popular Top 2, which was released in May. Top 3 is the 66th Tavern Brawl.

In Top 3 you select three cards, and another nine copies of each one is added to your deck. This, of course, means that you can try out combo decks that you've always wanted to try, but which get destroyed in the competitive environment of ladder. I have decided not to list some of the popular combinations that people have been successful with, so as to let you discover your own lists. If the thread for Top 2 is anything to go by, other Icy Veins readers will be more than happy to weigh in with their suggestions!

If the responses are as plentiful as with Top 2, I'll do another Awards thread for a bit of fun. It goes without saying that I feel this is a really good Brawl. The opportunity to get a combo to work that you have always wanted to try is really welcoming for new and old players alike. I look forward to reading your attempts!

Aaaaa-And it is Metaltooth Leaper 2 : The Judgement Day.

The amount of combos viable had gone up, though. This is definetly better than the Top 2 Brawl if you are out for some wacky stuff.

Just now, Keizoku said:

Many thanks to CodeRazor for the following budget quick'n'dirty one:  InnervateNaturalizeColdlight Oracle.  Less insane than his repeated Barnes-into-Ragnaros one; but it works pretty well.

The idea wasn't actually mine, but since you needed a budget one, this was the first that came to my mind ;)

No love for 

Just now, YourGod said:

N'zoth's First Mate, Sparring Partner, Bolster

Target Dummy?

I was having fun with warlock's Soulfire + Malchezaar's ImpSilverware Golem, untill the mill druid's showed up...

For the few who haven't encountered a mill druid on this brawl, their playlist is Coldlight Oracle + Innervate + Naturalize
Which effectively mills his own deck and yours at a very fast rate, but also if you happen to have a minion out, you will mill your own deck even faster due to naturalize giving you 2 card draw.
This very annoying and really boring playstyle got me frustrated, so I set up a small crusade!

The answer lies in 'one night in Karazhan' in the form of Prince Malchezaar (he adds 5 random legendaries to your deck at the START of the game), putting him in the deck gives you 10 malchezaars at the START of the fight, effectively giving you 30 legendaries (not 50 because deck's are topped of at 60 cards max).
Combine this with any class and card combo's you like, but the one I found most effective was druid Innervate + Wild Growth + Prince Malchezaar.
Fun part of this deck is, any mill 'douche' druid will resign immediatly, because they CANNOT mill you, any other opponnent it's just a fun game due to every fight being different.

Edited by Tectonn
2 people like this

26 minutes ago, CodeRazor said:

I had a blast playing the following:

Innervate,  BarnesRagnaros the Firelord.

That infinite value! GachiGasm

I like Barnes, I really like him, but he does not like me :(
every Barnes I played, created... another Barnes...

Made me abandon this card and go for other more rewarding decks :)

Hunter with mechwarper, metaltooth leaper, gorillabot A-3(you can use basically anything in that spot though). Enjoy the free wins.

You should try sorcerer's apprentice, arcane intellect, and some burn spell (like frostbolt or forgotten torch). 

16 minutes ago, Tectonn said:

I like Barnes, I really like him, but he does not like me :(
every Barnes I played, created... another Barnes...

Made me abandon this card and go for other more rewarding decks :)

Haha! I was lucky af, i almost always got the Ragelord!

Another fun deck we could try would be some variant of freeze mage, like Ice BlockFrostboltIce Lance. Fun and interactive as always ;)

12 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

I just went Innervate + Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound + Deathwing, Dragonlord.

Rather reliant on drawing well on the innervates but it got me through my brawl daily fast enough.

Someone did barnes instead of  Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound , thing of nightmares seeing 4 deathwings hit the board turn 2 from their 1/1.

I'm partial to Flamewalker, Arcane Missiles, arcane intellect. You live to turn 4 and let it fly. Can board clear just about anything and leave you sitting alright (especially against metaltooth)

46 minutes ago, Tectonn said:

This very annoying and really boring playstyle got me frustrated

Guilty as charged. And it is indeed a terrible playstyle. I used it for a quick win to get the week's pack and then a second one to get the 10 golds to buy another pack; but I won't be using it again.

Still, if you want a quick win just to get your pack, is a solid (if rage-inducing) budget option.

Does this mean Blizzard are officially learning and giving us the brawls we want but didn't know we wanted? Or are we going to get punished for the good brawl this week with the worst ones for the next 3 months?

7 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Does this mean Blizzard are officially learning and giving us the brawls we want but didn't know we wanted? Or are we going to get punished for the good brawl this week with the worst ones for the next 3 months?

Doubtful. Blizzard wants Brawl to be a fun thing allowing beginners to compete "on equal footing" with old hands.

Sadly enough, while fun, this one allows much more leeway to the old hand with a huge collection to come up with a wacky 3-cards combo that pulverises his opponent.

As frustrating as they are, the Brawls giving out random decks at least even up the board for everyone.

Fair point Keizo. I suppose it does allow for everyone to participate, regardless of their collection.

I was able to beat a couple mechwarper based decks using Priest with Deathlord / Divine Spirit / inner Fire

9 hours ago, Paracel said:

No love for 

Target Dummy?

Don't own him, decided to get that 20 dust value. 

Edited by YourGod
Typo