FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JvChequer

Warlock T16 Set Bonus

2 pieces:

Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30% for 10 sec. Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%.

4 pieces:

When a Burning Ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 sec. Haunt has a 20% chance to refund its shard when expiring. Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos have a 20% chance to also cast Hand of Gul'dan at the target.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

WOW, all set bonuses looks like pretty much OP.

And Critical looks like will have his value in 5.4 for affliction.

I Think, the Demonology have the best 4tp and 2tp bonus btw.

Of course it would be nice...because they are extremely overpowered. Perhaps compensation for making us relearn how to play with out feet glued to the ground.

Dark Soul + Molten Core + Bloodlust + Meta is going to be insane with the 2pc.

20% seems a bit much, but most of our set bonuses have been rather weak this expansion, outside of T14 4pc.

Would crit really surpass haste for affliction with that 2pc? I think maybe after reaching all obtainable haste breakpoints, crit could be stronger but regemming full crit/reforge seems kind of backwards. I can definitely see the rate of the proc going down to maybe even 20%

Edited by Huhwut

Demo set bonuses won't go live.

I know right! If those bonuses go live, I dont think there will be any question that Haste becomes king for Demo. Both 2p and 4p are triggered by spells with cast times. It would be really nice to see some sort of scaling added for ToC with Haste.

Affliction bonus looks really strong too, that 2p? the uptime will be crazy with a 40% proc rate

And.. once again. the destro bonuses look.. lackluster. A set bonus that promotes casting burning ember consumers as you get embers and not pooling for procs. The 4 piece sould be VERY strong for AoE, if the effect can stack. Actually come to think of it the 15% 5 second crit would be faster ember generation if you use those 5 seconds on non ember consumers... still seems counter intuitive to how the spec plays.

The set bonuses are 10 second duration across the board.

Destruction set bonuses are almost worthless, final nail in the destruction death cycle.

Demo set bonuses are worth ~20%, probably to compensate for the fact that they suck without unerring.

Affli set bonuses are worth DAFUQ BLIZZARD? 100% uptime on a buff that makes you do essentially 30% more damage...SWWEEEEEEEEET BALANCING BRAH.

The biggest questions I think just now for the value of the 4-piece to demo is will the HoG be modified to Chaos Wave when in meta? And will it generate Fury? If it's always a Hand of Gul'dan it's going to be possible to roll stacked HoG's for a decent duration which is going to be rediculous amounts of damage, and moreso again if it still keeps giving fury. I can't see it going live as it is.

Demo set bonuses are worth ~20%, probably to compensate for the fact that they suck without unerring.

It's unlikely that as demonology you'd drop UVoLS at any point in the rest of the expansion unless it receives a heavy nerf to the proc or proc rate. It's far too important for fury generation to be removed. And lets be honest, demo doesn't "suck" without UVoLS. The trinket provides makes an unintended playstyle the "best" warlock setup for certain fights, but service demo is more than competitive with the other two specs when the trinket is removed from the discussion.

Edited by Caxamillion

The biggest questions I think just now for the value of the 4-piece to demo is will the HoG be modified to Chaos Wave when in meta? And will it generate Fury? If it's always a Hand of Gul'dan it's going to be possible to roll stacked HoG's for a decent duration which is going to be rediculous amounts of damage, and moreso again if it still keeps giving fury. I can't see it going live as it is.

It's unlikely that as demonology you'd drop UVoLS at any point in the rest of the expansion unless it receives a heavy nerf to the proc or proc rate. It's far too important for fury generation to be removed. And lets be honest, demo doesn't "suck" without UVoLS. The trinket provides makes an unintended playstyle the "best" warlock setup for certain fights, but service demo is more than competitive with the other two specs when the trinket is removed from the discussion.

I have to assume it will be HoG in or out of Meta, as you have to be in Meta to cast ToC, which is one of the spells that proc it.

I have to assume it will be HoG in or out of Meta, as you have to be in Meta to cast ToC, which is one of the spells that proc it.

Whislt I agree on the assumption, it's going to be incredibly difficult to balance in that state should it make it to live which is why I think we need to wait for more information on it.

its actually more than 20%, because I wasn't considering the fact that shadowflame lasts 6 seconds and the average proc interval while ToC spamming is 5 seconds, so you can almost indefinitely keep up shadowflame x 3 with decent RNG...its really broken.

Won't make it live. No way. It'll be "bring Demo Warlocks with 4pc for any fight with AoE" or bust. Looking at the new raid bosses, I see 5 boss encounters with multiple bosses. Demo is going to be in a damn good place for T16 regardless of what they do. My only worry is that UVoLS remains BiS, but with the item level adjustment for the next tier, I don't think hanging onto a 543/549 UVoLS will be a bad decision.

You don't think hanging onto a heroic UVoLS will be a bad decison huh?!!!???!!!! WELL THAT'S GREAT FOR YOU!

But seriously, I don't think holding onto my shitty 530 version will be a bad idea either. It's gamebreaking for a reason.

Only statistical difference between 530 and 543/549 is the SLIGHT chance in procs per minute. Not reliably guaranteeing you an additional proc in a fight, but the baseline Intellect increase is ok. I got so excited to get the Heroic trinket last night that I wasn't facing the right way for our kill shot picture. I was too busy checking the increased proc rate and how much it'd go up with 2 upgrades. Someone was like 'yo Zag, are you intentionally facing the other direction?' I think I said yes because WoW was minimized.

TL;DR: Didn't care for screenshot, cared for trinket. Proof: www.devierum.com

So thinking again of the 4p bonus for Demo, It essentially makes void ray obsolete.

I do not see in any situation where you need to sustain AoE that you would prioritize refreshing a corruption with its shitty liniar mechanic than spamming ToC to maintain 3 stacks of SF on adds.....

Even if you do toss up some corruptions, you can tab tagets ToC to extend corruptions individually, which is likley more reliable than void ray anyways..

So thinking again of the 4p bonus for Demo, It essentially makes void ray obsolete.

I do not see in any situation where you need to sustain AoE that you would prioritize refreshing a corruption with its shitty liniar mechanic than spamming ToC to maintain 3 stacks of SF on adds.....

Even if you do toss up some corruptions, you can tab tagets ToC to extend corruptions individually, which is likley more reliable than void ray anyways..

I AGREE WITH YOU SIR! ALSO, I HAD A FINE LUNCH WITH SOME CHAPS WHOM I DRANK SOME BEER WITH. LOL WORK.

4 pc bonus - affliction - all of your spells have 5% chance to morph the target into a disco dancing dragonkin

4pc bonus - demonology - your metamorphasis form floats

4 pc bonus - destruction - your spells have an 85% chance to dissapoint you in a progressive setting

Edited by Felbrew28

4 pc bonus - affliction - all of your spells have 5% chance to morph the target into a disco dancing dragonkin

4pc bonus - demonology - your metamorphasis form floats

4 pc bonus - destruction - your spells have an 85% chance to dissapoint you in a progressive setting

OMG HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA love it... can we get a Rp'ing Tier with this please? made my morning a little better from work!

4pc bonus - demo causes you to speak in demonic tongue

4pc destro - music by the village people gets louder as your burning embers build and you get more flamin'

4pc affliction - you become afflicted and your cast animation is replaced with your character seizing on the ground.