Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aztecia

Resto - have I got too much crit, too little mastery? What is ideal?

7 posts in this topic

My Armory

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster!

As a resto druid, I'm currently sitting on - 28% Haste, 20% Crit, 11% Mastery.

I'm reading that while crit has a higher priority than mastery, I should be using the mastery neck enchant over the other options.

Is there an optimal ~% haste/crit/mastery - I should be aiming for? Should I pump up my mastery and lose some crit?

I'm not a theorycrafter, I don't run simulationss, I just play my toon and hope to play it well, based on advice from people who understand it all much better than I and enjoy that side of things!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there! Welcome to the forums and sorry for not replying earlier!

For the neck piece, it's entirely possible that this is an oversight by one of the writers. I'll double check it for you. I would imagine that you should be taking the enchant that buffs your crit and haste in one.

The difference between the two enchants (aside from the stats) is that one is a static increase (increases mastery by 300) and one is a proc (increases crit and haste by 550 for 6 sec). While Haste & Crit would be the ideal choice, I'm not sure how it compares to the static increase of mastery or how often it procs. So, definitely need someone who sims and does the math to chim in! :)

I'm like you.. I play based on experience and then take in the advice of those who do the sims and the math!

8 hours ago, Blainie said:

Hi there! Welcome to the forums and sorry for not replying earlier!

For the neck piece, it's entirely possible that this is an oversight by one of the writers. I'll double check it for you. I would imagine that you should be taking the enchant that buffs your crit and haste in one.

Hey thanks, that'd be great!

1 hour ago, Kaelani said:

The difference between the two enchants (aside from the stats) is that one is a static increase (increases mastery by 300) and one is a proc (increases crit and haste by 550 for 6 sec). While Haste & Crit would be the ideal choice, I'm not sure how it compares to the static increase of mastery or how often it procs. So, definitely need someone who sims and does the math to chim in! :)

I'm like you.. I play based on experience and then take in the advice of those who do the sims and the math!

Glad I am not alone, haha.

Very keen to get one of those numbers-smart people on board with some feedback!

The reason to go with the mastery one, it doesn't proc off heals anymore, also I have 26% crit and 28 haste, I'm going with the raid healing spec, if you want to be best in dungeons/mythic+ id go mastery haste

On 9/17/2016 at 0:48 AM, Aztecia said:

Hey thanks, that'd be great!

It looks like the mastery one is intended as the best. Mainly due to static increase.

As for the other numbers questions, I haven't started playing Resto yet, so can't help on that front unfortunately :(

Heya fellow Restros!!!!

The theory behind the stats in legion is this:

5man / Mythic+ you want to be stacking Mastery as priority below haste, reason being that in this 5 man groups the majority of the damage is going to be the tank, mastery improves our single target healing in effect, increasing healing done per HoT on a target. You should be stacking EVERY HoT you have on the tank in 5man and thus giving a much higher output through mastery.

In a Raid even as small as 15man your not going to be stacking every HoT on one person, maybe close call between the two tanks but GCDs are going to also be spent on healing the raid, meaning that the 'value' of mastery drops, drops so much, the next best thing is crit, to have higher healing through less HoTs is perfect in a raid in which HoTs will be spead.

Simply:

Tank heals / single target = Mastery

Raid heals / group HoTs = Crit

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck
    • By Gidster
      Hey so I have starting Mythic progression and I just feel like I should be doing more DPS at my item level but I don't know if it is my Rotation or Stat priority.
      I'm looking at the logs and I feel like I should be doing more DPS in my current gear with is 874 with 22% Crit 29% Haste 46% Mastery