FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

BlizzCon 2016 Virtual Goodies & Opening Week Schedule

W165QGKHPK781473864882772.jpg

The in-game rewards for both BlizzCon 2016 attendees and Virtual Ticket holders have been announced. The schedule for the various esports qualifiers before BlizzCon has also been made available.

An Alliance or Horde murloc pet in WoW, a Bastion skin in Overwatch, a Diablo pet in Diablo III, a card back in Hearthstone and a mount in Heroes of the Storm: these are the rewards you can get from this year's BlizzCon, either by physically attending the convention yourself or by purchasing a Virtual Ticket. More details and pictures can be found below:

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Entertainment

Every BlizzCon®, we give out a treasure trove of in-game goodies to attendees and Virtual Ticket holders to commemorate the occasion. Take look at what you’ll get for your favorite Blizzard games when you join us for BlizzCon X.
World of Warcraft® – Legionnaire Murky & Knight-Captain Murky

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_WoW.jpg

There comes a time when every murloc must choose a side. Will you mrglgglllgl for the Horde alongside Legionnaire Murky, or dive into battle for the Alliance at Knight-Captain Murky’s command?

Overwatch® – BlizzCon 2016 Bastion Skin

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_OW.jpg

A curious automaton has been spotted exploring the halls of a local gaming convention. Cosplay as a BlizzCon-bound Bastion unit in your next match of Overwatch with this commemorative skin.*

Diablo® III – Diablo 20th Anniversary Pet

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_D3.jpg

Celebrate two decades of terror with this anniversary-themed Diablo pet, based on the Dark Lord’s design from the original game.*

Hearthstone® – Welcome Inn Card Back

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_HS.jpg

Pull up a chair by the fireside at BlizzCon’s Hearthstone Tavern, then play a few hands with this year’s convention-innspired card back.

Heroes of the Storm® – Nexus Tiger Mount

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_HotS.jpg

Introducing the latest BlizzCon mount to add to your menagerie—the Nexus Tiger! Dash onto the Battlegrounds riding this ferocious beast and show the opposing team they’re in for a fight.

StarCraft® II – Mystery Goodies

Blizzcon2016_Goodies_444x250_SC2.jpg

Show your opponents you were at BlizzCon with a new portrait—and as a bonus, be among the first to unlock a fun new piece of upcoming StarCraft II content.† Stay tuned for more details!

This cache of in-game goodies will be available to you when you join us for BlizzCon X via the Virtual Ticket or in person (just redeem the Digital Bonuses code you received when you purchased your tickets).

They’ll be unlocked in-game closer to the show—stay tuned for more information, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon!

Order BlizzCon Virtual Ticket

*Diablo III in-game content for PC/Mac version only. To redeem Overwatch in-game content for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, players must link their Battle.net account to a PlayStation Network® account or Xbox Live® account respectively. For more information on account linking, visit https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/linking-your-battlenet-account-on-consoles.

Bonus StarCraft II goodie will also be available separately—more details to come.

(source)

Meanwhile, the schedule for the esports competitions for all Blizzard games has been announced. These qualifiers will happen a week before the convention and the winners will progress to the finals, that will take place live during BlizzCon. The streams for these events are available to everyone for free.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard Entertainment

Elite esports players from across the globe will be traveling to North America next month to compete at BlizzCon Opening Week, all hoping to set themselves up for success on the BlizzCon stage on November 4–5. In addition to the early rounds of competition for World of Warcraft Arena, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, and StarCraft II, this year’s Opening Week will host early group stage matches for the Overwatch World Cup—an international exhibition pitting nations and regions against one another.

All of the action during Opening Week will be streamed live and free of charge on blizzcon.com, as detailed below:

Times listed are PDT 10/26 10/27 10/28 10/29 10/30* 10/31
WoW Arena     11:00 a.m.      
Heroes 9:00 a.m.   9:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m.      
Overwatch       12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m.
Hearthstone 9:00 a.m.   9:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m.  
StarCraft II   8:30 a.m. 8:30 a.m. 8:30 a.m. 9:30 a.m.  

*Daylight Saving Time ends in EU.

World of Warcraft® Arena World Championship
Prize Pool: $250,000
Number of Players: 8 Teams (3–4 players per team)
Schedule: October 28, 11:00 a.m. PDT

Matches: Ahead of the Grand Finals on stage at BlizzCon, the top eight World of Warcraft Arena teams from around the world will play their first group stage matches on October 28. All eight teams will then travel to BlizzCon, where those who emerge victorious from the remaining group stages will do battle in a single-elimination bracket until the champions are crowned.

Heroes of the Storm® Fall Global Championship
Prize Pool: $1,000,000
Number of Players: 12 Teams (5 players per team)
Schedule: October 26–28, 9:00 a.m. PDT

Matches: For three days during Opening Week, the 12 qualified teams will compete in the first of two dual-tournament group stages until only eight remain. The second group stage will get underway during Opening Week, but all eight teams will get to play on the BlizzCon stage before it concludes and the top four head into a single-elimination bracket.

Overwatch® World Cup
Number of Players: 16 Teams (6 players per team)
Schedule: October 29–31, 12:00 p.m. PDT

Matches: Following the online qualifiers, 16 teams representing nations and regions from around the globe will compete for glory during Opening Week. After three days of best-of-three, round-robin group stages, only eight teams will remain to compete in a single-elimination bracket in the BlizzCon arena.

Hearthstone® World Championship
Prize Pool:
$1,000,000
Number of Players: 16
Schedule: October 26–30, 9:00 a.m. PDT

Matches: Spread across no fewer than five days, this year’s Hearthstone World Championship group stages will all take place during Opening Week. Four groups of four players will compete in a dual-tournament format until only eight challengers remain, having earned the right to compete in the BlizzCon single-elimination bracket.

StarCraft® II World Championship Series Global Finals
Prize Pool:
$500,000
Number of Players: 16
Schedule: October 27–29, 8:30 a.m. PDT and October 30, 9:30 a.m. PDT

Matches: The top 16 players—seven major tournament winners plus nine based on WCS points—will compete in the Global Playoffs during Opening Week. Only the eight players who make it through the double-elimination group will advance to BlizzCon, where a single-elimination bracket incorporating best-of-five matches and a best-of-seven grand final will determine the WCS Global Champion.

We hope you can join us at blizzcon.com during Opening Week and, if you’re not attending BlizzCon in person this year, for the opening ceremony and throughout the event. Remember that while some BlizzCon streams are available only with a Virtual Ticket, all BlizzCon esports streams are free!

(source)

On 9/16/2016 at 1:21 PM, Blainie said:

Oh boy am I hyped for that Bastion skin.

I'm digging the Mount for Heroes and obviously the card back for Hearthstone but I have been thinking about buying Overwatch soon and this looked pretty neat as well. 

9 hours ago, KingMe said:

I'm digging the Mount for Heroes and obviously the card back for Hearthstone but I have been thinking about buying Overwatch soon and this looked pretty neat as well. 

Definitely worth it, imo. Absolutely love OW - it can be frustrating and, as with every game community, the competitive side can be a bit toxic, but I still love it.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Definitely worth it, imo. Absolutely love OW - it can be frustrating and, as with every game community, the competitive side can be a bit toxic, but I still love it.

I played a few matches when it first came out on a friend's Xbox. From what I played it was great. When I do get it though it will be on the PS4 as I don't do FPS on PC. 

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

:(

Just like that manbearpig @demonardvark

haha, i actually play mine on xone XD

I tried the OW beta but my potato computer really can't play it all that well. I upgraded a lot of things for no mans sky (cough garbage cough) so wow and other blizz games in general play much much better but OW is still too demanding. However, I'm in like 12 twitter competitions to get a gaming laptop so ya know, there's hope ^_~

Also, that bastion skin. I'm salty I can't afford to go to blizzcon, so I'll be able to double salt playing bastion. The notorious salt machine with a salt skin :D

On 9/20/2016 at 11:46 AM, demonardvark said:

Also, that bastion skin. I'm salty I can't afford to go to blizzcon, so I'll be able to double salt playing bastion. The notorious salt machine with a salt skin :D

I like this notion.

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

I like this notion.

Now I just need to scream terrible things to strangers in my headset, and I'll be all set :)

3 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Now I just need to scream terrible things to strangers in my headset, and I'll be all set :)

WHO EVEN DOES THAT? Totally not me, what?

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

WHO EVEN DOES THAT? Totally not me, what?

I've played Call of Duty. I've played battlefield. I regularly play Destiny. I play several mmos. I am involved with several different videogames that utilize some form of voice communication.

OW is the one and only where I assault peoples eardrums with my rage. A bad Mei blocking a point, or an overzealous Reinhardt flying himself off the map, people not fighting on point or chasing people half way across the map, something snaps inside me, and I hear myself speaking in tongues otherwise not known to man. Why, I do not stream Overwatch, the collective shock would be too much for people to handle. 

53 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Why, I do not stream Overwatch, the collective shock would be too much for people to handle. 

I try so hard to bite my tongue when streaming!