Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R4dagast

Fire mage and crit question

14 posts in this topic

I think it's referred to as a soft cap? Is there a point where stacking more crit is pointless or just stack as much as possible.

1 hour ago, R4dagast said:

I think it's referred to as a soft cap? Is there a point where stacking more crit is pointless or just stack as much as possible.

No, due to Pyretic IncantationPyretic Incantation

Afaik the crit "soft cap" is at 22k Crit, that's around 91%. So yeah, never stop gearing for Crit!

6 hours ago, Alaw said:

So, there is no soft soft, or no do not stack crit as much as possible?

I heard from a few that fire mages should stop stacking crit after 45 percent. Is this true? I've noticed even a mage in Method has his crit at 45.12 percent as of today

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Qooning/simple

He also has crit on every single piece, as well as crit gems etc.

It's possible he just can't get it higher currently.

Ok, that makes sense, I just saw a few people with that level. I simmed with other gear and it was a lot lower. Thanks for the quick reply!

No problem :) If you have other questions, just ask!

Blainie, do you know why they (method fire mage) take so much haste ? (there is a cap around 1800) but they go for like 15%-20% of haste, it's huge !

I think his going for the crit on the items and don´t look so much on the secondary stat on the item. that´s why there is so much haste :P

Edited by neste

Exactly as neste says, the value of crit is so high that he will simply be taking as much crit as possible.

Posted (edited)

What should I do if I get a piece of gear that has a hefty ilvl increase, but has either no crit, or a couple hundred less crit? Example...I think I have a chestpiece in my bag, that is only 830 or something, but it has a couple hundred crit rating, but my equipped chest piece has no crit, but it ilvl 865...... what do?

Edited by Spicyboy
Re-worded

@Noboday

Apart from what people said, EN gear has quite a lot of Haste from what I've noticed. :)

@Spicyboy

The only way you can really tell is to sim it :/ Sometimes the upgrade is too good, even if there's no crit. Other times if you fall below a certain x crit level, Simulationcraft will tell you to keep the lower ilvl item that has crit.

Is this from the downloadable zip on simulationcraft.org?

Aye!

Here's a quick guide from Method's Lexi. It should be enough for what you need to do:

1 person likes this