FORUMS
datgrl

Statistics cap?

54 minutes ago, datgrl said:

Is there a cap for Agility, Haste or any of the other Hunter Class stats?  Or is it just Mastery all the way?

Definitely no cap on Agility, ever. What spec are we talking about here? I doubt there is a traditional Haste cap though, unless mentioned by Azor in his guides.

I'm not sure if she's referring to a true cap or just the thresholds where you start receiving diminishing returns on stats like Mastery or Haste. Either way I'd be interested if anyone knows the numbers where these diminishing returns start occurring. Not able to mess with SimCraft here at work

Diminishing Return simply means that you get less out of a stat the more of it you have.  Take Crit for example:
With 0% Crit, you will do 100% of your normal damage, always.  Next, at 1% crit, you will do an average of 101% of your normal damage (99% * 1 + 1%*2), an increase of 1% over having 0 crit.  At 2%: 102% normal damage.  The increase in damage on average from 1% to 2% is 102% / 101% -> 100.99% more damage.  At 3%: 103% / 102% = 100.98% more damage than 2% crit.  The pattern continues forever, each successive 1% that you add gives 1% less effect over the previous amount that you had.

Either a true cap or diminishing returns.  askmrrobot.com shows mastery gems and and agi enchant.  Everything I'm getting has mastery as a stat, too.  I'm currently spec'd MM but have BM as my 2nd.  Back in MOP there was a true cap for Mastery(?)(my memory is a bit foggy here) and you could start looking to boost haste or crit.

Edited by datgrl
mispelling

22 hours ago, datgrl said:

Either a true cap or diminishing returns.  askmrrobot.com shows mastery gems and and agi enchant.  Everything I'm getting has mastery as a stat, too.  I'm currently spec'd MM but have BM as my 2nd.  Back in MOP there was a true cap for Mastery(?)(my memory is a bit foggy here) and you could start looking to boost haste or crit.

Such caps or DRs are generally not going to exist so early in a Xpac. Not saying they can't, it's just not common. When they do exist, it's usually later into the expansion with higher tiers of gear. Specifically for Hunters, I would think the only DR we would worry about is Haste reducing out GCD to it's minimum of 1 second. After that point is reached, and I don't know how much Haste that would require, Haste would likely no longer be desireable. 

Edited by jmaster299

A fair point by JM and I think a good indicator. Unless there is a very specific reason for there to be a cap (soft cap for ticks in a spell, GCD cap, whatever), at this point in an expansion you're unlikely to find one.

What does your GCD stand at currently @datgrl?