FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SyncTrizon

Rainfall in Enc

Yo.

I understand Rainfall is pretty a terrible pick in Enchantment shaman, but I have a question: does the healing from Rainfall while in Enhancement increase with agility, or intellect? If agility increased the healing I'm tempted to try it out, since in Resto I love Rainfall, by far my favourite aoe healing spell.

I've also seen in some Legion dungeons some Enhancement Shamans running Rainfall, so kinda makes me curious to know.

5 hours ago, SyncTrizon said:

Yo.

I understand Rainfall is pretty a terrible pick in Enchantment shaman, but I have a question: does the healing from Rainfall while in Enhancement increase with agility, or intellect? If agility increased the healing I'm tempted to try it out, since in Resto I love Rainfall, by far my favourite aoe healing spell.

I've also seen in some Legion dungeons some Enhancement Shamans running Rainfall, so kinda makes me curious to know.

Agility increases the healing of Rainfall (it would be completely off to have it Int dependent, wouldn't it? :P).

I can't see any reason to pick this talent in regular dungeons because it locks a GCD and you actually have a healer to heal the group, but it might be a choice in some kinds of Mythic+ where a group is stacked and needs every bit of possible healing.

Even with optimal stats you rarely get more than 1 or 2 "free" globals a minute to put this up. And for most content youd rather have the other talent options for added mobility.

the number one place i could see this beeing viable is on patchwerk fights with little to no movement in raids. 

Also, it scales off 50% of your attackpower. 

Edited by Denjell

It definitely scales with agility. We've been farming heroics with 1 tank and 4 DPS and this talent feels really helpful with that. I can basically cast it at the start of the fight and with Stormstrike and Lavalash keep it up the entire fight. 

It's super niche but, in this case, it's pretty helpful. Garbage for any meaningful content but for doing heroic speed clears with no healer for legendary farming it's quite nice I've found. I'm usually tied with DH or DK tank for healing done so I can't complain.

Edited by Elbereth

On 9/18/2016 at 11:22 PM, Elbereth said:

It's super niche

Most probably the key here. In very specific situations, it's awesome. In most, it's lackluster.