whoislou

Feral rotation video request

30 posts in this topic

Ive been playing since vanilla and always was able to compete for top dps on my other classes, This expansion I chose feral and at ilevel 842 I feel like im missing something. Instead of showing you all my logs and info which I will do if thats the only way you can help I was wondering first if someone could post a video of them pulling over 200k. I dont need talking I just want to see you go through your rotation. A boss fight or a Dummy preferably. I searched youtube and all I could find was explanations and pvp videos but nobody actually going through the pve rotation with savage roar.

Thanks, soggy feral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also keen to see one of these. I'm struggling to find enough energy to keep SR, Rip, Rake and Moonfire up without dropping off, while trying to pool, then weaving in the BT procs is tricky - i'm doing something wrong. For now i'm just noobing it up with Moment, and FBing when Rip is up because it's more fun in dungeons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I have which I hope serves as a foundation for discussion. Video quality isn't great, but it'll do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/OKdWTFrIu5U

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Ix/advanced   armory link if you want to see gear in more detail.

The basic idea is to pool when you shouldn't refresh your dots immediately, such as when you don't have TF up but your current Rip does. Otherwise, I try to extend at pandemic timers (30% of time remaining) so that my next full buff snapshot has maximum duration if possible. If I'm using Bloodtalons on a Rip, I tend to follow with a Rake (sometimes screw that up because I see rake still has 6-7 sec left), if it's on a Savage Roar I'll follow with Moonfire + Rake. I try to refresh all dots with Tiger's Fury, it's hard to get a BT Moonfire up during that period so I prioritize Rake unless I'm already at 5CP and SR is low. Ashamane's Frenzy is always used (and delayed a bit intentionally) with a Bloodtalons proc. Preferably instead of Moonfire and with TF up, but I don't do a good job of that. I also have Darkstrikes trinket bound with Ashamane's which both share a 1m15s CD.

It's not perfect but it gives a decent example. For some reason sitting at around 200ms, so the rotation is not too latency dependent. I run with 40% Crit as a max (ties in nicely with Blood Scent / Incarn builds if that's your thing, too) and put everything else into Mastery as much as possible. While crit smooths out the rotation a lot (to a point), a little haste, maybe 10-15% seems to be the sweet spot for the rotation being sane. Usually I'll end up with around 285k over 10minutes due to normalization of Ashamane's Bite procs (DPS goes up a LOT if it procs on a fresh Rip with full snapshotted buffs). No legendaries, 847 ilvl. Relics aren't optimal (Rake, Berserk and TF) so there's still a bit of room for improvement there if I got 2x rip relics + the TF one (roughly a 20k DPS boost total b/c of Ashamane's Bite). The only other goal I have is the mastery set from CoS/Arcway. I have the 10% auto attack ring, which isn't a huge boost for us but still pretty nice. Raidbuffed I hit just over 335k in 10min, with 1 lust (and no execute phase because dummy), and around 355k in same span with SOTF and 2 target. Overall it's difficult (and fun) but very rewarding when everything syncs. Haven't had this much fun with a DPS spec since the perma-corruption snapshotting when pandemic was introduced in WoTLK.

I've burned a lot of gold and time investigating stat values, so if you're interested in optimizing your stats it's worth noting that at my current stats Mastery and Versatility are around equal value, while Crit is worth significantly less (due to huge DRs as you approach 50%+). Until 37% crit, Simcraft actually gave crit a 2 DPS per point lead over Mastery (and personal testing more or less agreed). That is to say that all of our stats (bar haste, past around 10-15%) are worth having in some amount, and we shouldn't just stack plain mastery because IV shows Mastery is best, which I have seen a lot of ferals doing (although wordup does specifically say not to follow the weightings). Crit will also become -more- important to have 40-50% of if you are lucky enough to get Wildshaper's Clutch. At available gear levels, 40% crit and 55% (or even 60% possibly) mastery is completely possible and based on simulations, the optimal setup.

Edited by ixjd
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you will get which abilities I used during the combat, I feel Feral DPS is good if You don't have to move, but when you have to your dps fall too much and we got no AOE to clear trash.

Feral Rotation 7.0

 

Edited by Vodustream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ixjd said:

https://youtu.be/OKdWTFrIu5U

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Ix/advanced   armory link if you want to see gear in more detail.

The basic idea is to pool when you shouldn't refresh your dots immediately, such as when you don't have TF up but your current Rip does. Otherwise, I try to extend at pandemic timers (30% of time remaining) so that my next full buff snapshot has maximum duration if possible. If I'm using Bloodtalons on a Rip, I tend to follow with a Rake (sometimes screw that up because I see rake still has 6-7 sec left), if it's on a Savage Roar I'll follow with Moonfire + Rake. I try to refresh all dots with Tiger's Fury, it's hard to get a BT Moonfire up during that period so I prioritize Rake unless I'm already at 5CP and SR is low. Ashamane's Frenzy is always used (and delayed a bit intentionally) with a Bloodtalons proc. Preferably instead of Moonfire and with TF up, but I don't do a good job of that. I also have Darkstrikes trinket bound with Ashamane's which both share a 1m15s CD.

It's not perfect but it gives a decent example. For some reason sitting at around 200ms, so the rotation is not too latency dependent. I run with 40% Crit as a max (ties in nicely with Blood Scent / Incarn builds if that's your thing, too) and put everything else into Mastery as much as possible. While crit smooths out the rotation a lot (to a point), a little haste, maybe 10-15% seems to be the sweet spot for the rotation being sane. Usually I'll end up with around 285k over 10minutes due to normalization of Ashamane's Bite procs (DPS goes up a LOT if it procs on a fresh Rip with full snapshotted buffs). No legendaries, 847 ilvl. Relics aren't optimal (Rake, Berserk and TF) so there's still a bit of room for improvement there if I got 2x rip relics + the TF one (roughly a 20k DPS boost total b/c of Ashamane's Bite). The only other goal I have is the mastery set from CoS/Arcway. I have the 10% auto attack ring, which isn't a huge boost for us but still pretty nice. Raidbuffed I hit just over 335k in 10min, with 1 lust (and no execute phase because dummy), and around 355k in same span with SOTF and 2 target. Overall it's difficult (and fun) but very rewarding when everything syncs. Haven't had this much fun with a DPS spec since the perma-corruption snapshotting when pandemic was introduced in WoTLK.

I've burned a lot of gold and time investigating stat values, so if you're interested in optimizing your stats it's worth noting that at my current stats Mastery and Versatility are around equal value, while Crit is worth significantly less (due to huge DRs as you approach 50%+). Until 37% crit, Simcraft actually gave crit a 2 DPS per point lead over Mastery (and personal testing more or less agreed). That is to say that all of our stats (bar haste, past around 10-15%) are worth having in some amount, and we shouldn't just stack plain mastery because IV shows Mastery is best, which I have seen a lot of ferals doing (although wordup does specifically say not to follow the weightings). Crit will also become -more- important to have 40-50% of if you are lucky enough to get Wildshaper's Clutch. At available gear levels, 40% crit and 55% (or even 60% possibly) mastery is completely possible and based on simulations, the optimal setup.

Your trinkets and enchants would give +35k DPS compared to me? or it is the moonfire or what am I doing wrong? the timing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Vodustream said:

Your trinkets and enchants would give +35k DPS compared to me? or it is the moonfire or what am I doing wrong? the timing?

I haven't watched your video yet, it could be any combination of things. The biggest DPS increase I've noticed is properly letting the fully buffed DoTs run for longer than you would usually let an unbuffed DoT run for. If you're comparing it to "raid buffed" that also includes 2 pots over the 10min, 375 agi consumable, 1300 agi flask, 375 mastery food.

Edit; so I watched your video. Blood scent is about 15k DPS under Moonfire (for me) so that's part of the difference. You should try to use Berserk alongside Tiger's Fury so you get more casts in with TF up. You used generators a few times with max CP (notably a Rake). Feral is punishing if you make even small mistakes until we get gear that affords us more error. Satyr enchant is pretty strong, probably another 4-5k DPS. I'm not sure what your trinkets are, but Darkstrikes is around 5k DPS as well. So, margin of error taken into account you're probably not that far off of the DPS I showed. In your sim you got good shadow rip procs though, I didn't (sadly), only 7% total dmg from it whereas yours was the "correct" 10.5%, so that'd widen the gap a little more. Try with Moonfire, it takes a tiny bit more work but the fact that it's a cheap generator and a decent amount of damage does give it an edge over Blood Scent unless you're using Incarnation.

Edited by ixjd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks you, those videos are very helpful

 

Edited by whoislou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ixjd said:

https://youtu.be/OKdWTFrIu5U

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Ix/advanced   armory link if you want to see gear in more detail.

The basic idea is to pool when you shouldn't refresh your dots immediately, such as when you don't have TF up but your current Rip does. Otherwise, I try to extend at pandemic timers (30% of time remaining) so that my next full buff snapshot has maximum duration if possible. If I'm using Bloodtalons on a Rip, I tend to follow with a Rake (sometimes screw that up because I see rake still has 6-7 sec left), if it's on a Savage Roar I'll follow with Moonfire + Rake. I try to refresh all dots with Tiger's Fury, it's hard to get a BT Moonfire up during that period so I prioritize Rake unless I'm already at 5CP and SR is low. Ashamane's Frenzy is always used (and delayed a bit intentionally) with a Bloodtalons proc. Preferably instead of Moonfire and with TF up, but I don't do a good job of that. I also have Darkstrikes trinket bound with Ashamane's which both share a 1m15s CD.

It's not perfect but it gives a decent example. For some reason sitting at around 200ms, so the rotation is not too latency dependent. I run with 40% Crit as a max (ties in nicely with Blood Scent / Incarn builds if that's your thing, too) and put everything else into Mastery as much as possible. While crit smooths out the rotation a lot (to a point), a little haste, maybe 10-15% seems to be the sweet spot for the rotation being sane. Usually I'll end up with around 285k over 10minutes due to normalization of Ashamane's Bite procs (DPS goes up a LOT if it procs on a fresh Rip with full snapshotted buffs). No legendaries, 847 ilvl. Relics aren't optimal (Rake, Berserk and TF) so there's still a bit of room for improvement there if I got 2x rip relics + the TF one (roughly a 20k DPS boost total b/c of Ashamane's Bite). The only other goal I have is the mastery set from CoS/Arcway. I have the 10% auto attack ring, which isn't a huge boost for us but still pretty nice. Raidbuffed I hit just over 335k in 10min, with 1 lust (and no execute phase because dummy), and around 355k in same span with SOTF and 2 target. Overall it's difficult (and fun) but very rewarding when everything syncs. Haven't had this much fun with a DPS spec since the perma-corruption snapshotting when pandemic was introduced in WoTLK.

I've burned a lot of gold and time investigating stat values, so if you're interested in optimizing your stats it's worth noting that at my current stats Mastery and Versatility are around equal value, while Crit is worth significantly less (due to huge DRs as you approach 50%+). Until 37% crit, Simcraft actually gave crit a 2 DPS per point lead over Mastery (and personal testing more or less agreed). That is to say that all of our stats (bar haste, past around 10-15%) are worth having in some amount, and we shouldn't just stack plain mastery because IV shows Mastery is best, which I have seen a lot of ferals doing (although wordup does specifically say not to follow the weightings). Crit will also become -more- important to have 40-50% of if you are lucky enough to get Wildshaper's Clutch. At available gear levels, 40% crit and 55% (or even 60% possibly) mastery is completely possible and based on simulations, the optimal setup.

I like to think I play somewhat similarly to the way you do, but there are a few situations that I am usually unsure of what to do.

1. When bloodtalon's proc are up and nothing needs refreshing currently should Omen of Clarity procs just be used on a Moonfire to not waste the bloodtalon proc?

2. When dots do not need refreshing but your about to cap on energy what is it best to use to not cap? Shred?

3. A lot of the time I run into either Savage Roar or Rip about to fall off at nearly the same time and am unsure which to give more priority, I like to lean more towards Rip though simply because of Ashamane's Bite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video! May I ask what your add ons are? I love those timer you have. I just started playing wow again, last time was Wrath, when kitty dps to me was awesome. This xpac I feel sluggish on dps. My gear is 835 equipped, weapon is 841. I do my best to keep everything up, but I always seem to be last in heroics and mythics. It really bothers me. I'd like to be number 1 or 2. With raiding starting tomorrow, I want to do everything I can to be in the top 5. Any suggestions guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing that video above and helping out! Glad to see everyone chipping in to help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Phobicpanda said:

I like to think I play somewhat similarly to the way you do, but there are a few situations that I am usually unsure of what to do.

1. When bloodtalon's proc are up and nothing needs refreshing currently should Omen of Clarity procs just be used on a Moonfire to not waste the bloodtalon proc?

2. When dots do not need refreshing but your about to cap on energy what is it best to use to not cap? Shred?

3. A lot of the time I run into either Savage Roar or Rip about to fall off at nearly the same time and am unsure which to give more priority, I like to lean more towards Rip though simply because of Ashamane's Bite.

 

1. I'm not sure, 40% damage buff on Moonfire vs saving 20 energy from a Shred :) I think it's better to use it on Moonfire. Moonfire is quite higher DPET so gains more damage increase from the 40% buff, but I think the 20 energy gives it the same "effective" DPS value (or similar) to a free, buffed Shred.
2. Thrash, maybe? It's a small DPS gain if you can afford to use it. You can refresh savage roar if the timer is below 12 sec and get a full 30 sec duration, too. If you're confident you can rebuild CP, you also could use a Bite.
3. I agree that Rip should be priority as long as SR will be up when you cast it + Rake. I think that 2-3 shreds worth of dmg with savage roar is worth less than keeping Rip up. In general try to avoid that situation as much as possible though; as mentioned above you can refresh savage roar at or below 12 sec for full duration and no DPS/Energy waste,but it still will happen unless you are the most godly player. Maybe there's an addon available that can help track when those situations might occur, it would be very useful.

Edited by ixjd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, superbikemike said:

Great video! May I ask what your add ons are? I love those timer you have. I just started playing wow again, last time was Wrath, when kitty dps to me was awesome. This xpac I feel sluggish on dps. My gear is 835 equipped, weapon is 841. I do my best to keep everything up, but I always seem to be last in heroics and mythics. It really bothers me. I'd like to be number 1 or 2. With raiding starting tomorrow, I want to do everything I can to be in the top 5. Any suggestions guys?

Gear, honestly. Feral is extremely gear dependent for good DPS. Just do your best to get what you can. 

As with everything you will improve with practice. If you want to get an advantage and you're not in a "serious" raiding team that requires the use of Pots etc, you can use those for a DPS boost too. I use them even in Mythics because I feel like I need to hit the 500k mark on bosses after being almost useless on trash :D

As for add-ons, if you were asking me, all I use is NeedToKnow for the timers. Everything else is stock except Skada and Sexymap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ixjd said:

Gear, honestly. Feral is extremely gear dependent for good DPS. Just do your best to get what you can. 

As with everything you will improve with practice. If you want to get an advantage and you're not in a "serious" raiding team that requires the use of Pots etc, you can use those for a DPS boost too. I use them even in Mythics because I feel like I need to hit the 500k mark on bosses after being almost useless on trash :D

As for add-ons, if you were asking me, all I use is NeedToKnow for the timers. Everything else is stock except Skada and Sexymap.

Thank you. It was your add ons and the ones in the other vid. I'm not in a hardcore guild. We have fun and kill bosses. I just like to be prepared and do my best. For raiding tonight I have 375 mast food, demon flasks, pots and runes. Do you pop the pot when youre running to the boss after tank pulls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ixjd said:

Gear, honestly. Feral is extremely gear dependent for good DPS. Just do your best to get what you can. 

As with everything you will improve with practice. If you want to get an advantage and you're not in a "serious" raiding team that requires the use of Pots etc, you can use those for a DPS boost too. I use them even in Mythics because I feel like I need to hit the 500k mark on bosses after being almost useless on trash :D

As for add-ons, if you were asking me, all I use is NeedToKnow for the timers. Everything else is stock except Skada and Sexymap.

On your talents, you like KOJ over SR? Predator is a good one to? I've seen more top druids taking that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2016 at 5:05 PM, superbikemike said:

On your talents, you like KOJ over SR? Predator is a good one to? I've seen more top druids taking that one.

You have to remember that they are most likely changing their talents currently for M+ dungeons. Watching the armory of players is always very dangerous since you don't know what they are playing feral in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2016 at 0:05 AM, superbikemike said:

On your talents, you like KOJ over SR? Predator is a good one to? I've seen more top druids taking that one.

Depends on the fight. For M+ as mentioned above I like to take KoJ and Predator, it's the best spec for lower M+. At 7-8 you maybe will swap to Lunar Inspiration / TF as the predator reset becomes less frequent. I like SoTF and Predator for Il'gynoth as well. SoTF + Bloodscent for sustained 2-target cleave. 

Edited by ixjd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all of the great answers. It was very usefull!

I feel like I am not putting out enough DPS either, but I think that I know the reasons: 

1: I do not have enough artifact power to have Ashamanes Rip - I placed one point wrong so it is a longer way for me to get it. How much DPS do you think Ashamanes Rip will give me when I get it?

2: My relics are chosen from ilevel instead of trait - I picked my relics for ilevel, but I have one that benefits Ferocious bite and one that benefits Survival Instincts. I know that those are not the best, but I have been wondering if it would be better for me to pick a relic with less ilevel but has the right trait (rip trait for an example) instead of those relics that has a higher ilevel but wrong traits?

3: My stats are wrong. I have 25% crit, 10% haste and 70% mastery at the moment. I just found out that those stats are very wrong by reading this forum so I have been buying mastery food for raids which boosts my mastery even higher. Should I get crit food etc. instead for raids when I am too low on this stat? And should I perhaps switch some of my 850 ilevel items for 830 items that has the right stats?

4: I am having a hard time keeping everything up with savage roar and lunar inscription talents, so I have been playing with incarnation and blood scent - which keeps me around 170k dps. Would you advice me to keep practising savage roar/moonfire until I really learn to keep it up or is incarnation/bloodscent a viable option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Log

Can you please look at my log for last nights normal Xavius kill. I'm the feral Starboom. I def want to be doing more dps. What can I do or change to improve? Thank you!

Edited by superbikemike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pellegrini said:

Thanks for all of the great answers. It was very usefull!

I feel like I am not putting out enough DPS either, but I think that I know the reasons: 

1: I do not have enough artifact power to have Ashamanes Rip - I placed one point wrong so it is a longer way for me to get it. How much DPS do you think Ashamanes Rip will give me when I get it?

2: My relics are chosen from ilevel instead of trait - I picked my relics for ilevel, but I have one that benefits Ferocious bite and one that benefits Survival Instincts. I know that those are not the best, but I have been wondering if it would be better for me to pick a relic with less ilevel but has the right trait (rip trait for an example) instead of those relics that has a higher ilevel but wrong traits?

3: My stats are wrong. I have 25% crit, 10% haste and 70% mastery at the moment. I just found out that those stats are very wrong by reading this forum so I have been buying mastery food for raids which boosts my mastery even higher. Should I get crit food etc. instead for raids when I am too low on this stat? And should I perhaps switch some of my 850 ilevel items for 830 items that has the right stats?

4: I am having a hard time keeping everything up with savage roar and lunar inscription talents, so I have been playing with incarnation and blood scent - which keeps me around 170k dps. Would you advice me to keep practising savage roar/moonfire until I really learn to keep it up or is incarnation/bloodscent a viable option?

1: 10-13% more. Maybe a bit more than that because of your mastery being quite high.
2: Rip% is worth about 10 levels over the next "tier", mostly because it also counts towards your Ashamane's Bite talent. Rake%, is worth about 10 ilvls over the next tier. IV rates Tiger's Fury in the same category as Rake%, not sure. I'd say Rake% is a bit better but the TF energy can help a lot.
3: Those stats aren't terrible but it will make your rotation feel more difficult. Roughly: At 25% you'll cast 4 (average) generators per finisher. At 35% you'll cast an average of 3.5. At 50% you'll cast an average of 3. Don't forget Moonfire doesn't scale with Mastery. Agi is still your most important stat, so ideally if you can change around rings/trinkets to get a little more Crit/Vers you'd be OK, but with Mythic+ giving 850s at only Rank 4 you might as well just try to grind it out. I feel great with my current stats if you want a goal: 38% crit, 8% haste, 60% mastery, zero vers. I have an 850 Agi/Crit trinket and 850 Memento. I saw Ursoc's drop (Heroic TF too :() but didn't get it sadly.
4: Your talents are going to vary per fight. Incarnation/Blood Scent is viable with high crit / vers. It's still less DPS than the recommended build. You're basically gaining a good amount of burst in exchange for about 20% lower sustained damage. Keep practicing the SR/LI build, if you want to be pooping on the rest of your guild for Nythendra / Ursoc. My PB is 355k but there have been a couple of 370k+ parses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, superbikemike said:

Log

Can you please look at my log for last nights normal Xavius kill. I'm the feral Starboom. I def want to be doing more dps. What can I do or change to improve? Thank you!

Using Incarn on that fight doesn't seem to be the best idea. The top parses are all using LI/SR. All I can really tell from that log as that your damage % from Ashamane's Rip is extremely low, it seems like you were swapping to adds before you had 5cp to instantly rip. In general unless it's an incredibly important target you shouldn't swap until you can get 5cp, otherwise those generators are wasted proc chances for Ashamane's Rip. Melee shouldn't really be swapping to the little adds on normal (tank the boss away from the "walls"), and just swap to the big dude when your 5cp is ready. Feral is really terrible at instantly swapping to low-HP targets right now. You could potentially "abuse" Predator in that situation by just Raking every add before it dies, and have perma-TF until P3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ixjd said:

Using Incarn on that fight doesn't seem to be the best idea. The top parses are all using LI/SR. All I can really tell from that log as that your damage % from Ashamane's Rip is extremely low, it seems like you were swapping to adds before you had 5cp to instantly rip. In general unless it's an incredibly important target you shouldn't swap until you can get 5cp, otherwise those generators are wasted proc chances for Ashamane's Rip. Melee shouldn't really be swapping to the little adds on normal (tank the boss away from the "walls"), and just swap to the big dude when your 5cp is ready. Feral is really terrible at instantly swapping to low-HP targets right now. You could potentially "abuse" Predator in that situation by just Raking every add before it dies, and have perma-TF until P3. 

Thank you ixjd, I'm fighting him again tonight. I'll make the talent change and see what happens and post log tomorrow. What are the ideal relics? Razor fangs in all slots or tear the flesh? What are ideal % for crit and mastery? Thank you! If you can armory me, I picked up a legend last night and a new relic and hood. i'm sitting at 851 equipped now. Maybe I need different ring enchants and gems. I havent enchanted 1 ring yet that dropped last night for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/9/2016 at 0:12 PM, ixjd said:

1: 10-13% more. Maybe a bit more than that because of your mastery being quite high.
2: Rip% is worth about 10 levels over the next "tier", mostly because it also counts towards your Ashamane's Bite talent. Rake%, is worth about 10 ilvls over the next tier. IV rates Tiger's Fury in the same category as Rake%, not sure. I'd say Rake% is a bit better but the TF energy can help a lot.
3: Those stats aren't terrible but it will make your rotation feel more difficult. Roughly: At 25% you'll cast 4 (average) generators per finisher. At 35% you'll cast an average of 3.5. At 50% you'll cast an average of 3. Don't forget Moonfire doesn't scale with Mastery. Agi is still your most important stat, so ideally if you can change around rings/trinkets to get a little more Crit/Vers you'd be OK, but with Mythic+ giving 850s at only Rank 4 you might as well just try to grind it out. I feel great with my current stats if you want a goal: 38% crit, 8% haste, 60% mastery, zero vers. I have an 850 Agi/Crit trinket and 850 Memento. I saw Ursoc's drop (Heroic TF too :() but didn't get it sadly.
4: Your talents are going to vary per fight. Incarnation/Blood Scent is viable with high crit / vers. It's still less DPS than the recommended build. You're basically gaining a good amount of burst in exchange for about 20% lower sustained damage. Keep practicing the SR/LI build, if you want to be pooping on the rest of your guild for Nythendra / Ursoc. My PB is 355k but there have been a couple of 370k+ parses. 

I don't have any clue how I should ever get near 355k dps.. Here's a log from Nythendra on normal - I am the only feral druid: Log

Can you give me any advice from this log? As you can see I am missing Potion of Old War, Mark of the Satyr and Ashamane's Bite. I am going to keep working on my SR/LI rotation but so far I want to do my best in raids, and that is to keep it simple with my Blood Scent/Incarnation build.. I downloaded the addon you talked about NeedToKnow, but for some reason I cant make it work - the bars are just empty and I have been trying most things. Can you help me out or probably send me your profile or settings? It seems like a very nice addon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pellegrini said:

I checked the best feral druid DPS on Nythendra: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jBGy6JNK2QMbcLXY#fight=44&type=damage-done

It seems that he is actually going for 9% versatility (he even socketed items with versatility gems to get it): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Nidomz/simple

That seems quite out of order with anything else I am reading..

It might be an oversight on his part (probably not). Don't forget, you don't necessarily need to be the smartest/best player (not by a longshot :P) to get rankings. Versatility will increase 100% of your damage but it is more costly per 1% increase than Mastery, which increases about 45%+12%+3% of your damage. The added benefit of Versatility is decreasing your dmg taken and increasing your healing, which is a factor in progression.

350 crit = 1% crit
175 mastery = 1% mastery
400 vers = 1% extra dmg / 0.5% less dmg taken / 1% extra healing done

In terms of raw damage, assuming 60% total damage is from bleeds, 175 mastery is roughly equal to ~240 versatility (unsure how vers/mastery affects Ashamanes Rip, so the actual versatility equivalent is between 200 and 300) But, as I said he may be doing his part to reduce dmg taken as well. In fights where you're not always on your target, versatility loses DPS value and mastery gains. If you're on your target for a reasonable amount of time (enough time that you're shredding / attacking 90% of the time) then versatility is roughly equal in value to mastery. During Berserk/Incarn, mastery is worth significantly less than versatility.

 

2 hours ago, Pellegrini said:

I don't have any clue how I should ever get near 355k dps.. Here's a log from Nythendra on normal - I am the only feral druid: Log

Can you give me any advice from this log? As you can see I am missing Potion of Old War, Mark of the Satyr and Ashamane's Bite. I am going to keep working on my SR/LI rotation but so far I want to do my best in raids, and that is to keep it simple with my Blood Scent/Incarnation build.. I downloaded the addon you talked about NeedToKnow, but for some reason I cant make it work - the bars are just empty and I have been trying most things. Can you help me out or probably send me your profile or settings? It seems like a very nice addon.


Honestly I don't feel like I'm the best person to ask to look over logs. What I can see from this particular log, Rip uptime is lacking, Rake uptime is lacking (there's almost no reason this should be less than 90% even with running out for Rot), you're using Incarnation with (I presume) a Mastery build which means you're going to be significantly lower than you should be. If we accounted for the missing buffs you mentioned, you'd probably be about 220-230k on that fight, which still leaves some to be desired. If you REALLY want to be doing Incarn/Blood Scent, then gear for it. Mastery isn't as important as Vers/Crit/Haste (in that order, Vers/Crit are a LOT more important than haste, but that priority is correct. You probably want about 30% of crit at the minimum, and stop getting it at 40%).

I can't send you settings, NeedToKnow is a very old addon that I've been using since Wrath. I never enjoyed WeakAuras or whatever else people are using. Basically you rightclick on the empty bar and put in the info for what to track.

 

Edited by ixjd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.