FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
poudigne

Stats Weight for askmrrobot

Hi there!

Sorry for the delayed response. The best way to get proper stat weights is to sim your own character. General stat weights normally suck.

I disagree.

Every site, besides SimulationCraft, tells me to get Mastery. Sims I run with my char in SimulationCraft tells me to get Haste > Mastery, which makes no sense. Why? Because if I look at the DPS rankings for 840 gear (870 artifact) from SimluationCraft's own site, the Warrior is completely stacked out on Mastery all the way. 

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

In other words, the stats he gets from his gear is: 12,6k Mastery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2k Haste > 2k Vers > 1k Crit.

Capture4.PNG

I don't see how the Simulations are reliable when they tell people to get a single GCD more in Battle Cry, over having lots of % increase in dmg from Colossus Smash.

Edited by Razid

The reason generic stat weights are usually [not necessarily "bad"] but a generalized starting point is because you can get better results simming yourself and determining what you need to gear for.

Arms warrior, specifically, can go either way. Right now, in my opinion, it seems that a full-on Mastery-Is-King build is where we'll end up. However, during the gearing process, you can also (based on your own stat weights and gear), swing to a ~25% haste cap and get that 5th GCD into your BattleCry window. Either way, right now in item levels, both are viable routes to produce numbers. If you're nowhere near that 25% haste cap by all means - swing for the fences with Mastery. Again, as you obtain more gear it'll probably end up that way anyway.

Simulating yourself will be the only way to determine what you need to do. Stats change based on gear and with the implementation of Warforged / Titanforged-To-Item-Level-Cap capabilities... a generalized stat weight can potentially cause you more harm than good.

20 hours ago, Razid said:

I disagree.

Every site, besides SimulationCraft, tells me to get Mastery. Sims I run with my char in SimulationCraft tells me to get Haste > Mastery, which makes no sense. Why? Because if I look at the DPS rankings for 840 gear (870 artifact) from SimluationCraft's own site, the Warrior is completely stacked out on Mastery all the way. 

Funnily enough, I recently simmed a character for someone in the guide comments that had an issue with SimCraft giving him Haste as his best stat. The priority my sim showed for him was very heavily Mastery, despite his showing haste.

Could this be a problem with settings?