Darksong

(Arms) During Battle Cry, FR+HS or Slam + HS?

9 posts in this topic

I've seen some people say to Slam/FR/Hamstring during Battle Cry.

However, afaik, I can't macro all three together can I? I tried macroing them together but only either Slam or FR would work with Hamstring.

So it's either FR+ Hamstring
or Slam + Hamstring, no?

(I'm sorry I have no idea how to check if a skill is on GCD or not)

Now my question is - During Battle Cry,

Why are we not doing Slam + Hamstring instead? Since Battle Cry gives a +to crit, and with the trait Corrupted Blood of Zakajz, which causes an additional 20% shadow damage, shouldn't we be Slamming + Hamstringing (After spending the CS+3FR MS of course)

Good morning, Darksong;

As far as macro'ing Focused Rage, Hamstring, and Slam all together - you actually can do this. Pressing the macro (providing the GCD is available) will cast all three. There's a major problem here, though, and that's spending the GCD on Slam and not something much more important to your rotation and damage output: Colossus Smash or Mortal Strike.

The macro you want to use is this:

#showtooltip
/cast Battle Cry
/cast Focused Rage
/cast Hamstring

This macro allows you to "fish", per se, for Tactician procs during Battle Cry. As such, you should only use this macro during Battle Cry. Have Focused Raged on a separate keybind for use outside of Battle Cry. (This also assumes you have Deadly Calm talented).

The damage from Corrupted Blood will be greater from a Colossus Smash or Mortal Strike (especially when buffed from Shattered Defenses and Focused Raged stacks) during the window opposed to using the GCD to cast Slam.

Slam is the ability to use when you simply have nothing else more relevant to use.

Thank you for your help in the matter. Perhaps I'll add Colossus Smash to the macro instead, and cast Slam only if there's nothing 'fished'. Cheers!

Thanks for grabbing that one Saja. Will be stealing that macro as well in the future.

Could you update the macros, in the guides possibly? Some of them are still using abilites from WoD. And if this macro is "what you want to use", then shouldn't it be in there?

Edited by Razid

1 hour ago, Razid said:

Could you update the macros, in the guides possibly? Some of them are still using abilites from WoD. And if this macro is "what you want to use", then shouldn't it be in there?

If I could, I would. The specific class guide is reviewed and updated by Wordup. The one I maintain is the one you see here directly on the forum board.

Question while Blainie and Saja are here: So before I I go into my burst phase, I make sure to stack up 3 FR and an SD before I pop BC for an instant max damage MS. I do this on pull and before every reset of BC. Is this wise to do? Specifically on pull as well, is this a waste of 3 GCDs gathering the pool before I go into my burn? Once I start up I usually skyrocket to about 600-800k dps and maintain 500k+ through all of Avatar. Suggestions/comments?

3 hours ago, Valhallajandro said:

Question while Blainie and Saja are here:

My opener consists of Charge -> Colossus Smash -> Mortal Strike -> FR -> FR -> FR-> Avatar -> CS (If Proc'd / Warbreaker otherwise) -> Battle Cry -> MS

During Battle Cry I use the macro and pop CS / MS upon successful procs of Tactician and, from here, continue the normal rotation priority.

From the sound of it, the only thing you do different is you don't cast a CS / MS prior to building FR stacks. That's fine as well, I would imagine. (Personal preference). The thing is to not mess up your Battle Cry window and not spamming FR when you already have 3 stacks. Those are the two biggest things most struggle with.

I would say it's always a "wise thing" to start your Battle Cry window with a SD+FRx3 buffed MS. It allows the rest of the window to accumulate tactician proc'd CS and MS or another buffed MS at the end of the window. (Remember to always cast MS regardless of stacks.)

Solid answer from Saja, I don't need to add anything to that.

19 hours ago, Razid said:

I'll pass it on to Wordup!