FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Voidrage

Shadow haste breakpoints

Hi there guys. So i been a long time reader first time poster. I been attempting to optimize the gear i have in order to be as efficient as possible come Thursday. And i been simming my toon like mad. One thing i noticed was in Beotorches sim with surrender to madness my haste value dropped to that below vers. So my question is Is there some sort of haste cap we hit and start stacking mastery and crit? because i am  at a loss i cant seem to re create the same effect in simulation craft.

Anyways My char is Voidrage on Shu'halo.

And currently am sitting at about 34% haste and 20% crit.

Edited by demonardvark
Title edited, I believe you were meaning to say "haste break points not hate"

I'm not sure on the haste cap number, but it's possible that your stat requirements will change depending on your current gear. It's why we always advise people to sim their own characters for precise weights for upgrades.

Hopefully someone can help with this, anyway!

21 hours ago, PerkyTricks said:

How did you manage 34 + % haste? I'm not even close to that yet.

Could depend on so many things, gear item level, gear Haste weights etc.

I think especially trinkets make a big difference how much haste% a lot of shadow priests have. A lot of shadow priests are running trinkets with int/mastery/crit because they have good procs or on-use spells. I've been lucky personally and both my trinkets have almost 1000 haste on them combined with good procs! 

Hey Voidrage, 

This is a bit older but I feel your question was not yet answered. First i want to speak about DoTs. With WoD, haste breakpoints for additional DoT ticks have (luckily) been abolished, so your DoT damage will benefit from every bonus haste you get (detailed explanation at  http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2014/03/29/behavior-of-dots-and-haste-in-warlords-of-draenor/ ) 

Considering this, the main things to say about haste are: Haste lowers the GCD, up to a minimum of 1 second GCD. This minimum is reached upon hitting 50% haste (see http://wow.gamepedia.com/Haste#Global_cooldown ).

However, more haste than 50% is still going to decrease spell cast time. Once your main spells are hitting a cast time of 1 second or less, haste is no longer beneficial as it will not efficiently decrease cast time any more, because the spells obviously cannot be casted any faster than the GCD. 

With the current gear out there you will probably not have to worry about this happening. So the main conclusion we can draw from this is to just gather as much haste as you can. There are no significant breakpoints. 

Hope I could help you out. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here. 

Best regards.