FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
cipe

Destruction Emerald Nightmare Trinket BiS?

Hey guys as the Topic says,  i need help with the Emerald Nightmare Trinkets. Can´t rly figure out what are the best choices for Destruction Warlocks.

Thx Guys

I'm sorry...

I was asking for a Simcraft like in the other post but did not Write it down :). I just wanted a simulated trinket BiS List with the included raid Trinkets. Grinding neltharions for 3 weeks with 64 kills Im tired of it...

I don't know if anyone has done that. With gear possibly being war forged, Titan forged, socketed, etc. BiS lists are kind of a PITA.  And trinket effectiveness can vary by fight. The Spiked Tongue everyone is hot over loses a lot once you get multiple targets.

Edited by Stunlocked

How is Bough of Corruption for destro warlocks? I got one yesterday from Xavius and I was wondering if it's decent for destro warlocks. I would be replacing an ilvl 835 int/haste trinket for this one which is ilvl 850 and has mastery and no int. As far as stats it is a huge downgrade. I can't tell if the proc is worth the loss of haste and int though. I know it's BiS for affliction but not for destro. Just curious if it's at least viable.

On 9/20/2016 at 10:03 AM, cipe said:

I'm sorry...

I was asking for a Simcraft like in the other post but did not Write it down :). I just wanted a simulated trinket BiS List with the included raid Trinkets. Grinding neltharions for 3 weeks with 64 kills Im tired of it...

Stunlocked has pretty much given the answer here. Dedicated theorycrafters might have done this, but your best bet is probably to ask in the Warlock Discord if it has been done. Here's a link to every class discord in Orthios' post:

10 hours ago, XGCommander said:

How is Bough of Corruption for destro warlocks? I got one yesterday from Xavius and I was wondering if it's decent for destro warlocks. I would be replacing an ilvl 835 int/haste trinket for this one which is ilvl 850 and has mastery and no int. As far as stats it is a huge downgrade. I can't tell if the proc is worth the loss of haste and int though. I know it's BiS for affliction but not for destro. Just curious if it's at least viable.

Really not sure on this one since I don't play a Warlock, but it might be worth simming it for an answer.

On 9/20/2016 at 2:29 AM, Blainie said:

I would recommend checking out our BiS page for the Destruction guide. Should find the best 2 trinkets there.

I do not understand at *all* how the Wriggling Sinew is supposed to be anything even near BiS... I have an 850 version... with a socket even... and I still wont even use it over one of my 840 WQuest int/haste trinkets.. It does 420k dmg or so every 2 minutes.. how in the world would this compare to 1100+ int?! :o You are correct, it just doesn't.

6 minutes ago, Euko said:

I do not understand at *all* how the Wriggling Sinew is supposed to be anything even near BiS... I have an 850 version... with a socket even... and I still wont even use it over one of my 840 WQuest int/haste trinkets.. It does 420k dmg or so every 2 minutes.. how in the world would this compare to 1100+ int?! :o You are correct, it just doesn't.

Have you tried simming your trinket vs. this trinket?

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Have you tried simming your trinket vs. this trinket?

I just ran sims via SimC and my ilvl 840 1123 int/898haste WQ trinket beats out my ilvl 850 Wriggling SinewWriggling Sinew (wowhead's tooltip is incorrect - my trinket says it does 53,200 dmg per stack, which is not effected by int) by about 400dps. That is not a large difference due to the fact that it says you can do 227k+ dps optimally, but also keep in mind that they are different ilvls as well. Here is a screenshot with and without the Wriggling Sinew.

With:

9DoHWb6.png

Without:

IG7SZes.png

I sadly just spent too much time proving what I felt was already obvious, but oh well haha..

Edited by Euko

Gahddo has updated his trinket sims to include EN.

http://pastebin.com/Xjy5wV0q

As for Sinew it triggers on damage, not just casts.  So Channeled Doomfire for example causes six or so stacks.  Rifts and Havoc apply stacks.  

It also has a fairly low cooldown and can be triggered on use - most of the other EN trinkets are RPPM based and may or may not proc when you want them to.  

I'll ask Furty to look into this again and see what he comes up with. Thanks for the links/work guys, feedback is always helpful!

On 9/23/2016 at 9:30 AM, Stunlocked said:

Gahddo has updated his trinket sims to include EN.

http://pastebin.com/Xjy5wV0q

As for Sinew it triggers on damage, not just casts.  So Channeled Doomfire for example causes six or so stacks.  Rifts and Havoc apply stacks.  

It also has a fairly low cooldown and can be triggered on use - most of the other EN trinkets are RPPM based and may or may not proc when you want them to.  

Sinew isn't as reliable as you think, while it is an on use trinket, the actual damage wont go off till at least 10-13 seconds later. It applies a stack per hit, yes, but does not do any damage till all 10 stacks are applied.. and I have not tried how this might be broken if you switch targets, nor do I care to because it's damage per time is not worth it to me. This is especially the case because pure stat trinkets would be better than these particular kinds of trinkets (at least with this low of dps) if there is more than 1 target.

Edit- I re-read what you said, and that would mean it is able to be proc'd a bit faster than 10-13 seconds, but I would still choose a stat trinket over this in most cases due to the rest of what I said.

Edited by Euko