Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Fire mage] iLvl vs Stat Priority

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to decide which gear is better for me, betweeen these trinkets -> and these wrists -> .
According to the icy veins fire mage guide, the ones i am using are better in terms of DPS. (reference: 2- Evaluating Upgrades Using Stat Weights on

But from a second source, Askmrrobot, these two with higher item level are better than mine. I was wondering if anyone have a take on this specific situation. My guess is that Askmrrobor is taking to account the Stamina too.

So, which ones should i be using and why?

Here are my current stats for reference:

From what I have seen in the various comments sections and so on, whenever someone checks something with AMR at the moment it comes out with an odd result. I'm not sure why.

As you have said, the ones you are wearing are better, for sure. No need to even sim it to check tbh.

From what I've read in the guide, switch a crit major piece for a crit minor piece at 15 item levels higher. Preferably not switch a crit piece for a non crit, but if so 30 item level difference.  I don't think this was the icy veins guide, might have been altered time's fire guide 

The other thing to keep in mind is how badly item level now influences off-pieces. My pala tank is using a Haste/Vers ring that is nearly 30 item levels lower than my next best one. This is simply because main stat doesn't exist on off-pieces anymore. It sucks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By darksteel22
      So rumor had it that Fire mages where going to be nerfed in 7.1. And i was searching for simcrafts to see if i should start to worry and build up my other artifact weapons, and ignoring my fire weapon. And i came upon this simcraft which shows Fire on the absolute bottom. Did they really Nerf Fire that much?
      I know Pyroblast is going from 400% to 376% but that and scaling up to T19 gear makes us become the weakest? anyone else have simcrafts for thought into what mage build will be the best? 
    • By Lifvana
      Hello all, with 7.1 coming soon, I am wondering what % of each stat I should be aiming for, mainly just interested in mythic+ and normal raids. My armory is . Not sure why it's saying I have 34.5% haste, it's more like 20-22% in game, with 28% crit and 25% mastery. My gear is kinda all over the place cause I play blood as well. I can give the exact percents I have once I get home in a couple hours, and  I have another 835 ring which I will post the stats of it when I get home. Sorry if the formatting is bad, first post and on my phone haha. Edit: Once I get the exact percentages of my stats, if someone could let me know the ideal enchants I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! :)
    • By Ronspear
      Hey guys, I've been playing Fire mage for the first time since Legion. I did my research on almost everything you need to know on Fire Mages. I've spent hours on the rotation and I believe that I've almost mastered it.
      Now, the reason I am posting on the forum is because I need advise...
      I can't seem to exceed as much as I am suppose to as a fire mage. If I compare myself to what I see on Warcraft logs, fire mages of my ITL, are almost always first or second DPS. And even my fire mage guildie that is slightly under gear does much more damage then me on every fight...
      I believe that my gear is decent and so is my artifact tree... I do have decent trinkets ... So my conclusion is that I am missing something in my rotation, or that I am prioritizing something that I am not suppose to...
      Could anyone help me out? I have my latest Warcraft logs, here is one of them
      If you need any more , I could link the entire raid last week.
      Thank you!!
    • By Dethro
      Hello guys,
      I play Fury Warrior and I'm having a dilemma in trinket choice. So far I have been using heroic version of Ursoc's Rending Paw and ilvl 845 Nightmare Egg Shell. Today I got HC Warforged (ilvl 875) Ravaged Seed Pod from Nythendra. According to the icy-veins guide and simcraft, the ravaged seed pod is worse than nightmare egg shell, but there is a huge difference between ilvl. I think I do higher dps with egg shell, but should I sacrifice it for ilvl boost from 857 to 859? I would appreciate any advice.
      EDIT: I know the best trinkets are Chaos Talisman and Faulty Countermeasure, but I haven't been lucky on drop yet.
      Here is also link to my armory:
      Thanks in advance for your replies :-)
    • By Antiquae
      Can someone review my logs and give me some tips on how I can increase my dps?

my logs: 

my armory:í/advanced