Damien

Midrange Dragon Paladin Standard

8 posts in this topic

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

12 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

1 person likes this

On September 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, positiv2 said:

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

Thank you

@AbelcainIt might be moved when we see the results of nerfs on meta. We will update our decks to reflect the nerfs first though, so it might take some time before the deck's efficiency is reevaluated.

I've been having a lot of fun with this deck.  Played against Shaman and managed to do:

Turn #7 Dragon Consort into

Turn #8 Brann Bronzebeard + 3-mana Dragon Consort + 2-mana Book Wyrm into

Turn #9 Ysera (from an earlier Netherspite Historian)

It doesn't always play out so well, but that was fun.

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

4 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead