FORUMS
Damien

Midrange Dragon Paladin Standard

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

12 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

What does "unique decks outside the meta" mean?

is this a just for fun deck to use with your friends and not a good deck to use for ranked?

i just fought an awesome dragon paladin on my shaman, is there a way to make this a ranked play deck?

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

• Like 1

On September 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM, positiv2 said:

Unique decks outside the meta are usually decks that are not a big threat and are inferior to most of other meta decks. You can use them to ladder, but it won't be as easy as it would be with midrange shaman or hybrid hunter.

Sure, dragon pally can be a ladder deck (and some may consider it as a ladder deck already), but since the deck is still new, it needs more refinement, which can only be done with a ton of experience with the deck. It's the same reason why dragon warrior wasn't played much when it first appeared, but it still gained an insane popularity later, when it got more refined. 
If the Unique Deck category was split into Fun-only and Ladder-viable, dragon paladin would be in the latter category.

Thank you

@AbelcainIt might be moved when we see the results of nerfs on meta. We will update our decks to reflect the nerfs first though, so it might take some time before the deck's efficiency is reevaluated.

I've been having a lot of fun with this deck.  Played against Shaman and managed to do:

Turn #7 Dragon Consort into

Turn #8 Brann Bronzebeard + 3-mana Dragon Consort + 2-mana Book Wyrm into

Turn #9 Ysera (from an earlier Netherspite Historian)

It doesn't always play out so well, but that was fun.

Guest Simon

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

4 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

Hi, 

i am playing this deck right now and i got to say it is FUN. it is surprising, well balanced and it is showing great combinations and agility to counter other decks. I do learned a lot just by playing this deck. 

thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying it. 

57 minutes ago, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Any chance of this being updated to reflect Kolento's midrange dragon deck? http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-dragon-paladin-january-2017-season-34/

Would love some guidance on how best to pilot it, particularly with how/when to drop Sir Finley.

Sir Finley Mrrgglton looks like a card you can drop when you are sure what you're playing against. Against aggro you want priest or warrior hero power, and mage or druid (possibly even rogue) against midrange and tempo, and warlock or mage against control decks.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, Bigtimedwarfer said:

Any chance of this being updated to reflect Kolento's midrange dragon deck? http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/kolentos-dragon-paladin-january-2017-season-34/

Would love some guidance on how best to pilot it, particularly with how/when to drop Sir Finley.

There is already another guide for the deck :) - https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/grimy-goons-dragon-paladin-gadgetzan-standard-deck

1 hour ago, Mourenin said:

With which card I could replace Tirion Fordring? Thx

Tirion Fordring is an amazing card for this deck. Not only it gives you huge minion value in the form of a 6/6 with divine shield and taunt, but also gives you an amazing weapon - the Ashbringer. Since this deck is all about the value and stats, Tirion Fordring is a high priority craft. Until you craft him, you can use Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera, though you'll have much lower end-game power.

16 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Tirion Fordring is an amazing card for this deck. Not only it gives you huge minion value in the form of a 6/6 with divine shield and taunt, but also gives you an amazing weapon - the Ashbringer. Since this deck is all about the value and stats, Tirion Fordring is a high priority craft. Until you craft him, you can use Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera, though you'll have much lower end-game power.

Ok, thanks. I´ll craft him as soon as possible