FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stardreamer

Resto Druid Trinkets

Hi

I am after some help on resto druid BIS trinket. I have been looking at AskMrRobot and Icy Veins with noxxic for stat weightings.

AskMrRobot recommends Bottled Hurricane so highly. which contradicts icy veins and even when I try changing the stats as they had different stat priorities on noxxic and that still recommended the same trinket. I am guessing it is the haste that is ranking so high, would this trinket also be affected by mastery?

They also say AskMrRobot trinkets is a work in progress so I also wonder on the accuracy.

I could not find much info around trinkets, if anyone knows good sites to check I would appreciate that too.

I should note my focus is raid heals.

I also wonder if i am mis-understanding the stat ratings on AskMrRobot - i thought it was the order you prioritized stats and then a weighting for each. is this correct and if so what is the best way to determine weighting?

trinkets.JPG

mr-robot-stats.JPG

noxxic-stats.JPG

Edited by Stardreamer

5 minutes ago, Stardreamer said:

Hi

I am after some help on resto druid BIS. I have been looking at AskMrRobot and Icy Veins with noxxic for stat weightings.

Firstly, don't bother with Noxxic's weights, honestly. If you want stat weights for Resto Druid, I would recommend this, Leaf's stat weights:

https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb

There is also a thread where Leaf discusses the above WeakAura and how it is used for stat weights:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1904367-Resto-Druid-Legion-Talents?p=41139850&viewfull=1#post41139850

As for Ask Mr Robot: every day, I seem to have a new thread where somebody tells me AMR has told them something strange that doesn't fit with anything else. I don't know why they have Mastery as their main stat for a general build. Mastery is good in a VERY close environment, such as an M+, but even then, Haste is still extremely strong.

As for the trinket, the sim will LOVE the Haste on the trinket, but the on-use is just so lackluster, hence why we don't rate it as a top trinket. The Intellect on the others is just too good and they still have good procs too.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually tried bottled hurricane?

I have it and could not proc it even ONCE. I saw someone else post about the same problem on the Blizzard forums when searching through it.

14 hours ago, Chuid said:

Has anyone actually tried bottled hurricane?

I have it and could not proc it even ONCE. I saw someone else post about the same problem on the Blizzard forums when searching through it.

I have had terrible luck with trinket drops, so healed the new normal raid yesterday with an 825 Bottled Hurricane.  It's actually pretty good for stacked fights.  Set up a weak aura to track stacks for best results.  

You won't get stacks out of combat so just healing yourself or healing dummies alone won't show you anything unless you give a combat dummy a zap with moonfire or something.  

Well.. that would explain alot. I might give it another whirl tonight.

I also got a hold of a Horn of Cenarius. Personally find it a little under whelming. It is 70k healing on a 1 min CD which sounds good but I just found unless the fight is specifically stacked up it felt a bit lack luster. Would be nice if the wisp actually had an animation and maybe detonated after a few seconds. Would maybe give time for a few people to rotate into it.

I personally am finding it hard to give up 1K intellect for these procs which are situation compared to just having a flat increase to all our abilities / mana.

On 22/09/2016 at 3:44 AM, Blainie said:

Firstly, don't bother with Noxxic's weights, honestly. If you want stat weights for Resto Druid, I would recommend this, Leaf's stat weights:

https://wago.io/VkuAT-pHb

There is also a thread where Leaf discusses the above WeakAura and how it is used for stat weights:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1904367-Resto-Druid-Legion-Talents?p=41139850&viewfull=1#post41139850

As for Ask Mr Robot: every day, I seem to have a new thread where somebody tells me AMR has told them something strange that doesn't fit with anything else. I don't know why they have Mastery as their main stat for a general build. Mastery is good in a VERY close environment, such as an M+, but even then, Haste is still extremely strong.

As for the trinket, the sim will LOVE the Haste on the trinket, but the on-use is just so lackluster, hence why we don't rate it as a top trinket. The Intellect on the others is just too good and they still have good procs too.

Thanks for this, I ran it on our normal raid. Interesting results again, with haste being only slightly better than crit, then versatility, then finally mastery. Completely different to AMR, but since this almost matches with literally every other website, guide, and theorycrafter on the planet I'm probably going to go ahead and personally say that AMR needs a bit of "refinement". 

As far as trinkets go, I've been unlucky enough to not get a single one from any content I've done. I've got a stupid amount of almost useless ones from world quests though -_-

Hi. Ive tested that WA addon but could you please help me figure out how it works? It shows crit as '1', and all other stats as a decimal smaller than 1. Does that mean that i am getting the most benefit from crit? and least benefit from the smallest decimal?

Hey guys I'm a Druid Healer with Discedant on Zul'jin. I have been playing with most of the trinkets and here is what I like and why. 

#1. Flask of Solemn Night. This is an overlooked trinket but its proc rate is insane and that haste has proven very helpful in a jam +7. Even better it seems to either be broken or just amazing since it seems to capture the max time on Hots Ticking as long as you get it into that 10 sec window. 

#2. Bottled Hurricane. I have never seen it drop past 845ilvl. However, it currently takes the place over all 865's. Its not just the haste thats amazing its the actual distance and amount of healing it provides in its little window (5 seconds 10 yards). If your placing Efflorescence on the raid it fills the bottle very fast along with your normal healing rotations. Seeds don't seem to count but everything else seems to fill this little sucker. Now you have to think Eff only heals 3 players for X amount every 1.7 seconds. Bottle Hurricane heals 5 players for double your Eff every second for 5 seconds. I equate it to a mini tranquility (Which lasts 6 seconds).

First, Here are a few things to know about the trinket. 1. It doesn't proc anything if you are healing a non damaged target. 2. It doesn't proc more than once based upon multi target spells. 3. it does like critical healing on tanks (The lower health the better).  It literally will only proc once per spell, if it decides to. If the raid or Group is taking lots of damage it obviously fills faster. In a small normal Dungeon you may only get to 10, 4 times depending on how many people stand in fire. In a mythic +7 I have seen it reach 10x10 on Eye of Ash multiple times. I have never seen it drop past +3. Honestly, if you get it past +7 mythic please let me know, since I'm farming for it :). 

Here is the Trinket in Action....you decide. 

I did not use the bottle on this particular video because of my mana issues and needed to choose Cacoon. Just using it to show I'm not a total terribad player :)

Edited by Leafvoid