Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
choco

Unholy logs feedback

11 posts in this topic

Hey fellas,

I've only started playing DK this expansion and would love some constructive feedback on what I'm doing right and wrong. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the main rotation and CD usage, oh and scourge fishing. Whoever can look trough my logs would be of great help!

Talent wise, I used 1-2-2-1-3-1-3 for all boss fights except Il'gynoth where I ran Ebon Fever and Epidemic.

All feedback is welcome, thank you in advance!

Logs - here (Neeto)

Armory - here

Edited by choco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main things I'm seeing is probably low haste? you seem to have a lot of spacing in your rotation, as well as you delayed cast times on some of your cds probably partially do not having the runes or not enough pre-planning to have enough runes for it. other than that it seems fairly solid also you had some really delayed casts on sudden doom gotta use those faster, there was 1 time i saw where you had it for like 8 seconds and there were atleast 3 seconds where you weren't casting anything else. Also little bit of dot downtime again probably because you has spacing in your rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Drtain said:

The main things I'm seeing is probably low haste? you seem to have a lot of spacing in your rotation, as well as you delayed cast times on some of your cds probably partially do not having the runes or not enough pre-planning to have enough runes for it. other than that it seems fairly solid also you had some really delayed casts on sudden doom gotta use those faster, there was 1 time i saw where you had it for like 8 seconds and there were atleast 3 seconds where you weren't casting anything else. Also little bit of dot downtime again probably because you has spacing in your rotation.

Yeah I've noticed that myself, I tend to tunnel vision at times and completely forget that I am dpsing and trying to keep up with rotations and CD's, especially on new bosses that I'm doing for the first time. Definitely something that I need to improve upon.

Thank you very much for the feedback! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, some large weekauras generally can help with the making sure your cds are always cast of CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Choco, your post inspired me to get an account so I could reply!

Now, I have a similar ilvl and identical talents but one (dark arbiter/soulreaper) and i did nearly 30k more dps on the same fight. I attribute this to my superior crit for one (crit is our top secondary) but maybe you should give dark arbiter a go? It has a really nice burst if used correctly.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tcxTN6LY82ZgK7f4/#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=13

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Ruckus/simple

If you fancy a chat, feel free to add Waxyhide#2943

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just further to that point above about WAs, I recommend using https://wago.io/ to find anything that you can't find in the stickied WA threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll definitely give Dark Arbiter a shot, I've only now started to realise that both my haste and crit are kind-of low, need to start spamming those mythic+ dungeons. 

As far as WA's go, that website is an absolute gem, thank you so much @Blainie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, have fun! I love using Wago, it's my go-to for most things I can't do myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2016 at 6:38 AM, choco said:

I'll definitely give Dark Arbiter a shot, I've only now started to realise that both my haste and crit are kind-of low, need to start spamming those mythic+ dungeons. 

As far as WA's go, that website is an absolute gem, thank you so much @Blainie!

just be careful running dark arbiter, its a burst talent and its effectiveness is determined by the raid group not yourself. what I mean by that is the total time you are in the boss fight. If you clearing the boss in under a minute burst talent like dark arbiter is a good go to, however, on longer fights it doesn't come close to soul reaper. Even then now without ring to get the most out of it you really need specific artifact traits that if following the progression guide here you won't have for some time. 

so its a good burst talent yes but soul reaper is a safer bet in most scenarios. now if you find yourself struggling with soul reaper for whatever reason by all means switch, if you aren't using the ability you are wasting a talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there.

I wonder if u could take a look at my logs too?

I raided with my guild yesterday and was wondering what i did wrong. my dps is most of the time above 200k, witch is what i understand okey. But my rankings on the logs tells me that its pretty bad. Someone has to do a lot more than me, and that is unacceptable. :D I'm not really used to the logs system so i dont know how i'm supposed to see what and where i can improve mysealf.

I really hope u guys help. Thank you in advance

Ingame name: Pìnello

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hFCf4c61wyL7THZB

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Pìnello/simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, demonardvark said:

just be careful running dark arbiter, its a burst talent and its effectiveness is determined by the raid group not yourself. what I mean by that is the total time you are in the boss fight. If you clearing the boss in under a minute burst talent like dark arbiter is a good go to, however, on longer fights it doesn't come close to soul reaper. Even then now without ring to get the most out of it you really need specific artifact traits that if following the progression guide here you won't have for some time. 

so its a good burst talent yes but soul reaper is a safer bet in most scenarios. now if you find yourself struggling with soul reaper for whatever reason by all means switch, if you aren't using the ability you are wasting a talent.

Yeah I've noticed that people mainly use it for mythics and mythic + where they pop the bosses quickly. Also tbh I'm kind of low on haste as it is so Soul Reaper is defo better for me imo.

Ty for the heads up though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.