FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
choco

Unholy logs feedback

Hey fellas,

I've only started playing DK this expansion and would love some constructive feedback on what I'm doing right and wrong. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the main rotation and CD usage, oh and scourge fishing. Whoever can look trough my logs would be of great help!

Talent wise, I used 1-2-2-1-3-1-3 for all boss fights except Il'gynoth where I ran Ebon Fever and Epidemic.

All feedback is welcome, thank you in advance!

Logs - here (Neeto)

Armory - here

Edited by choco

The main things I'm seeing is probably low haste? you seem to have a lot of spacing in your rotation, as well as you delayed cast times on some of your cds probably partially do not having the runes or not enough pre-planning to have enough runes for it. other than that it seems fairly solid also you had some really delayed casts on sudden doom gotta use those faster, there was 1 time i saw where you had it for like 8 seconds and there were atleast 3 seconds where you weren't casting anything else. Also little bit of dot downtime again probably because you has spacing in your rotation.

8 hours ago, Drtain said:

The main things I'm seeing is probably low haste? you seem to have a lot of spacing in your rotation, as well as you delayed cast times on some of your cds probably partially do not having the runes or not enough pre-planning to have enough runes for it. other than that it seems fairly solid also you had some really delayed casts on sudden doom gotta use those faster, there was 1 time i saw where you had it for like 8 seconds and there were atleast 3 seconds where you weren't casting anything else. Also little bit of dot downtime again probably because you has spacing in your rotation.

Yeah I've noticed that myself, I tend to tunnel vision at times and completely forget that I am dpsing and trying to keep up with rotations and CD's, especially on new bosses that I'm doing for the first time. Definitely something that I need to improve upon.

Thank you very much for the feedback! 

Hi Choco, your post inspired me to get an account so I could reply!

Now, I have a similar ilvl and identical talents but one (dark arbiter/soulreaper) and i did nearly 30k more dps on the same fight. I attribute this to my superior crit for one (crit is our top secondary) but maybe you should give dark arbiter a go? It has a really nice burst if used correctly.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tcxTN6LY82ZgK7f4/#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=13

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Ruckus/simple

If you fancy a chat, feel free to add Waxyhide#2943

I'll definitely give Dark Arbiter a shot, I've only now started to realise that both my haste and crit are kind-of low, need to start spamming those mythic+ dungeons. 

As far as WA's go, that website is an absolute gem, thank you so much @Blainie!

On 9/27/2016 at 6:38 AM, choco said:

I'll definitely give Dark Arbiter a shot, I've only now started to realise that both my haste and crit are kind-of low, need to start spamming those mythic+ dungeons. 

As far as WA's go, that website is an absolute gem, thank you so much @Blainie!

just be careful running dark arbiter, its a burst talent and its effectiveness is determined by the raid group not yourself. what I mean by that is the total time you are in the boss fight. If you clearing the boss in under a minute burst talent like dark arbiter is a good go to, however, on longer fights it doesn't come close to soul reaper. Even then now without ring to get the most out of it you really need specific artifact traits that if following the progression guide here you won't have for some time. 

so its a good burst talent yes but soul reaper is a safer bet in most scenarios. now if you find yourself struggling with soul reaper for whatever reason by all means switch, if you aren't using the ability you are wasting a talent.

Hi there.

I wonder if u could take a look at my logs too?

I raided with my guild yesterday and was wondering what i did wrong. my dps is most of the time above 200k, witch is what i understand okey. But my rankings on the logs tells me that its pretty bad. Someone has to do a lot more than me, and that is unacceptable. :D I'm not really used to the logs system so i dont know how i'm supposed to see what and where i can improve mysealf.

I really hope u guys help. Thank you in advance

Ingame name: Pìnello

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hFCf4c61wyL7THZB

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Pìnello/simple

15 hours ago, demonardvark said:

just be careful running dark arbiter, its a burst talent and its effectiveness is determined by the raid group not yourself. what I mean by that is the total time you are in the boss fight. If you clearing the boss in under a minute burst talent like dark arbiter is a good go to, however, on longer fights it doesn't come close to soul reaper. Even then now without ring to get the most out of it you really need specific artifact traits that if following the progression guide here you won't have for some time. 

so its a good burst talent yes but soul reaper is a safer bet in most scenarios. now if you find yourself struggling with soul reaper for whatever reason by all means switch, if you aren't using the ability you are wasting a talent.

Yeah I've noticed that people mainly use it for mythics and mythic + where they pop the bosses quickly. Also tbh I'm kind of low on haste as it is so Soul Reaper is defo better for me imo.

Ty for the heads up though!