FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jayros

Hows everyone's experience in raid so far ?

not good.  Rank 19 Destro and only pulling middle-field numbers.  no where near the mages and seriously missing out on a lot of the fights aoe/multi-target opportunities because a) they die so fast and b) having to spec into F&B for example reduces the effectiveness of my havok dmg.   bottom line is that I feel clunky and kinda useless

Im Demo(20) and only hitting 150k on average, and 200k on most boss fights. My guild finished Emerald dream on Normal last night and started Heroic. On heroic Nyth i was able to hit 190k but i got lucky and got to stand around most of the fight

With all the doom (hah) and gloom about and with being super rusty I actually did better with Destro than I had expected to and it did not feel that bad to me. However, I am in a new guild and not really sure of their skill level though some seem rather casual shall we say.

We whizzed through the first 3 normal bosses so I never got a chance to test out much (or Demo). I was pretty surprised with Destro's ST (though actually failed on the first boss to the RoT and Breath combo). Sure though we are slightly low compared to others and mobility is worse than ever if you are RB/Backdraft but the movement on these 2 fights at least is pretty predictable. 

On Dragons the tanks kept them too far away. They were slow at moving over and as it's a new boss I did not feel ok running over to put up a new Havoc. The adds died too fast so I was much lower here there than I should/could have been.  

On Il'gynoth which once upon a time would have been such a good fight for us I was quite low. The issue for us was actually ST damage on tentacles/Horror so I am talenting that way for the next raid (though probably not going Demo) and let the AoEers have their fun. 

We have a social/alt raid tonight so I will get to wipe and play around more and roll on LFR opening for some more practice. Tuning is coming out next week supposedly so let's see what they give us. I am going to be super annoyed though if they make Affliction the strongest... 

Edited by spikeysquad
Clarity

It's at times like these that I'm glad I chose not to roll a Warlock as I had intended for Legion. Things might change in the future with the balance patch, but it does seem like Warlocks are looking a bit shaky so far. Fingers crossed for you all!

1 minute ago, vladMTL said:

as affliction ... I have no words to describe it ... be glad you didn`t chose it 

I pity you man.

So the social raid never happened but we managed to clear normal and 1/7 HC this week. 

I had a lot of fun actually considering how rough I thought Destro was at the start at Legion (poor mobility, slow cast times, lack of burst etc). I'm still taking it easy with Backdraft and Reverse Entropy over the harder (and probably better) talents on the row but doesn't seem to be holding me back too much and the faster cast times just feel a lot better to me.  

I didn't do very good on Cenarius compared to other locks of my gear level but I was happy enough with my performance on the others without having to cheese AoE etc. Xavius is such an awesome Destro fight! 

I did Demo on Nyth heroic for a couple of tries but I was actually 40k under my Destro DPS and we were getting close to a kill so I switched back. So yes I need a lot more practice but I'm quite a slow learner and dungeons/dummies are only helping a bit. Glad LFR is out this week for some more raid like practice. 

Can't wait for buffs! But really need to increase my Demo skill/muscle memory etc. How are other people fairing? 

Edited to add: Oh I still do miss F&B, Backdraft and SB as base abilities rather than talents.

Edited by spikeysquad