FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wordsearch

MW Raid Improvement

Hi Everyone! I am looking to improve for raids. We are currently 2/7 Heroic 7/7 Normal 

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Wordsearchh/simple 

Spec: Mistweaver 

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/n1tT2pwKhRxz94Qc 

Anything you guys can point out is appreciated. I am here to learn so if there are major mistakes please let me know. Also I seem to be running out of mana fairly quickly. Maybe I am just not pacing the fight with essence font? Thanks all!

I'm not a MW player, so I'm not sure I can help with the analysis of this. Bumping it for you to see if someone can help.

Hey man,

Now I'm far from a top tier raider, but I have been playing MW since Pandaria and I think I can give you a few pointers here that could help.

Below are my thoughts on 1) your healing style, and 2) your raid comp.

1) Your healing style:

On this fight in particular you seem to be dumping into Essence Font real hard! Try to rely more on Viv and Env Mists, as currently you're not really seeing the benefit from the Life Cycles talent. (If this isn't really for you I'd suggest speccing into Spirit of the Crane, as this talent is easy to utilise on this fight, being so close to the boss the entire time and with the amount of down time you have once people are topped off)

You also have the Legendary wrists which can be real good in this fight! Drop revival early, and pump out Renewing Mists on cool down to utilise the wrist's trait. (You could potentially get 2 or 3 Revivals off if you spec into Focused Thunder and use it for triple Renewing Mists)

Also with this fight, the big damage is predictable. Try pre-hotting with Renewing Mists before the damage comes in, and making up the numbers with Viv and Env Mists.

2) Your raid comp:

Nothing really wrong here - but a possibly solution would be to drop any DPS that are sub 180k. This fight is a straight gear check and if you are bringing people that don't have the numbers you will struggle. 

Alternatively - Maybe consider going for Renferal and Il'gynoth first. 

Hope this help! 

Edited by Oogway

In a 30 Man raid essence font is going to do the majority of your healing as long as 6+ people require healing (likely in 30 man raid), It's costly which is why you want to use it when it will actually heal rather than overheal as long as you stick to this it will be more mana efficient than expending it on vivify.

That said your Renewing mist healing is really low, RM is like a druids Rejuv, cast it on cooldown and where it aligns use TFT to get more out it is a significant part of your healing kit.

Other than that, Life cocoon the tank and drop enveloping mists on them when and where you can and then make use of lifecycles with the vivify ( but i wouldn't do this all too often mana will disapear quickly)

IF you like essence font, you need to stack mastery as it is the only spell we have that gets a double dip from it (even says so in the tool tip) however, with your current gear, i would suggest utilizing other spells a lot more.