FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neridae

Stabling pets

Hi there,

Does anyone know whether on the beta there are any changes to the amount of stable spaces we are allowed to have? I am seriously starting to run out of slots and my list of pets I want to tame will no doubt will grow and the new expansion comes - I don't even have space for the ones I still want to tame now!

What are your thoughts on this if there are no changes for slots? I think I would be willing to pay gold for a few extra slots here and there. I understand that the limited amount of slots makes you pick which you want to tame and which to leave but it's beginning to become a tough decision!

• Like 1

I'm not really sure... however I find that there is plenty of slots personally... this is only because I tend to get attached to one pet or am too lazy to go and get another one.

At the moment I have 5; out of these I have one of the new shiny ones that I never use; a pvp pet; a silencing pet; my raiding pet and 'jimbob'. Sadly Jimbob gives me a slight dps loss in raids so I don't use him much now but we discovered he is pretty much unkillable. There was one raid where he was on chogall for a good 3 mins without dieing - rather dull for the rest of us staring at the roof because FD is better than running in. Just don't have the heart to shelf the guy...

Otherwise I'll probably bin my neather ray and get one MoP pet - but as I say I'm used to having the same one since the dawn of time and I wouldn't be too bothered about having a stable of pets that I never take out. It's cruelty to pixel animals!

I think I have 5 stable slots left :s

Don't hate me though, I do take them all out for a run occasionally - honest!! :P

I do have main pets for raiding and pvp but my problem has been that I love the BM spec pets - so shiny!! I think it would be a good idea to pay for extra slots you want maybe in the new expansion. I can't help myself with taming pets...that's not to say I tame any old pet but it's getting tricky deciding which ones to potentially let go if I can't expand my collection.

20 slots plus you can carry 5 in your pocket.

I don't have BM anymore but I do have a corehound I can't use in my stable. As much as I prefer the BM pets I don't enjoy playing the spec...

I'm a terrible girl Peelyon - I don't have any particularly cute pets and I don't collect enough of them. I should really get my act in gear! I miss the days of playing a surv mele hunter... haha.

I love all the pets :P Only joking, I'm a collector-whore (and a gold-whore, a loot-whore and achievement-whore! Lol)

I do have a BM spec, but only just getting to grips with it to be honest. Will always be a SV girl at heart. I've tamed a few of the new pets added in Cata and my most favourite is currently Deathtilac who was a bitch to solo tame but I was very glad I did it by myself.

How many rare pets are brought out with each expansion? Would they/ do they show any on the beta?

Edited by Neridae

Haha I like the IDEA of collecting things, I just don't have the patience...

MM myself - I was surv for years, changed to MM with wrath and not really gone back though I find the need to use surv on any aoe heavy battles. I prefer the MM rotation and that burst DPS for the first 10% of the fight is just awesome. Plus at the moment with the other hunter in the group playing surv it's a bit of a better split than two of the same thing =D

I'm not sure about rare pets, I haven't seen any in the beta although I only played about with it a limited amount (I don't want to 'use up' the game before it is properly released). I felt the pets in 4.3 were really well done so I hope that they have something good for us in panda land however I would be happy to wait for the first content patch. If you recal how awesome the foxes in TB were for example when cata first launched then I think we could be similarly enthralled by the new beasts introduced to the game and with rares released when that novelty wears off it would give us something else to look forward to.

The thing I found on the beta is that I couldn't tame anything at all, so I don't know what is going on with that.

• Like 1

Sorry to take so long replying to this.

On the Beta, you still have 25 total slots. 20 in your stable and 5 on you.

Which, by the by, I think is more than enough. And that's even with playing BM and trying to collect all the pretties.

Which, by the by, I think is more than enough. And that's even with playing BM and trying to collect all the pretties.

See, I would have to disagree with you there. There's 6 new species if I recall correctly in mists that can be tamed and probably more spirit beasts. I am trying to be conservative with my tames, even leaving some of the hunter challenge tames that came with cata but I can foresee problems for me in terms of mists.

I like the stampede idea though, that will be awesome.

Oh no no. This is definitely not enough. From 20 slots in stables, more than half are cats (which I love, expecially the hunched ones, I've all 6!) I have all 5 of the new cata spiders, only 1 wolf, bear, boar and crab, and 2 foxes. And I've absolutely no room left. And I don't even have any of the BM pets. And had to abandon some pets to get the spiders. So I have to disagree completely.

We need more slots!

• Like 1

Oh no no. This is definitely not enough. From 20 slots in stables, more than half are cats (which I love, expecially the hunched ones, I've all 6!) I have all 5 of the new cata spiders, only 1 wolf, bear, boar and crab, and 2 foxes. And I've absolutely no room left. And I don't even have any of the BM pets. And had to abandon some pets to get the spiders. So I have to disagree completely.

We need more slots!

Yes, it is hard trying to decide which pet to abandon...makes me feel sad inside. Apart from Anthriss, I wasn't bothered about letting him go. Posted Image

We need more slots!

I think this might be more of a cat fetish problem than a game design problem ;)

• Like 1

We need more slots!

Dont make me requote myself from above! Dont make me do it! Cos I'll do it!

"I'm a girl and I love collecting pets because pets are fluffy and cute and happy!"

I think this might be more of a cat fetish problem than a game design problem Posted Image

She isn't nicknamed the crazy cat lady for nothing! Posted ImagePosted Image