FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aalwein

BM: Artifact Relic question

I know it's best to just equip the highest level relic in each slot regardless of the trait attached, but I'm wondering if I have a stray case in that this may not be true.

I currently have an i835 relic with Jaws of Thunder on it (bumping it to level 4). I caught an i840 relic for the same slot but it only has Wilderness Expert on it, which would bump it to level 1 (giving me a single second longer on Aspect of the Wild). Is the 5 ilvl increase still worth it in this case?

Pretty sure that traits are only added to, not activated by relics. So if you have zero ranks I'm not sure it adds one? I could be wrong though.

The trait will activate on the artifact talent tree if you slot a relic that has a certain talent you haven't spent any point in. I'm assuming that means it becomes active. I'm more concerned whether or not 5 item levels on a single relic outweighs the talent change, though, honestly.

Since 5 ilvl on a relic just boosts the weapon overall ilvl for 1, the trait is much better! Your suggestion to just put the relic with the highest ilvl in is so wrong atleast for BM - you can even read it in the Azor's guide:

Point 7 and 8, https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-simulations

In other words, Jaws of Thunder is better than a 5 ilvl higher relic with a 2.5 k less dps trait. Your 835 relic could even be better than a 895 relic with a bad trait.

Edit: This is true for ST.

Edited by Tizid
Supplement

10 hours ago, Tizid said:

Since 5 ilvl on a relic just boosts the weapon overall ilvl for 1, the trait is much better! Your suggestion to just put the relic with the highest ilvl in is so wrong atleast for BM - you can even read it in the Azor's guide:

Point 7 and 8, https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-simulations

In other words, Jaws of Thunder is better than a 5 ilvl higher relic with a 2.5 k less dps trait. Your 835 relic could even be better than a 895 relic with a bad trait.

Edit: This is true for ST.

Thank you. I have gone through the guide and for some reason I thought I read that relic level trumped talent, but there it is plain to see. I dunno where I got misinformed.

13 hours ago, Aalwein said:

Thank you. I have gone through the guide and for some reason I thought I read that relic level trumped talent, but there it is plain to see. I dunno where I got misinformed.

You are welcome.

You've probably read the Marksmanship guide aswell and just mixed up the infos.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fodia
      When I started playing again after several years off, I chose the wrong weapon/artifact chain for my Ret Paladin.  I choose Truthguard instead of Ashbringer.  So I am at 105 with Truthguard now and I was told by Bliz several levels ago that I could swap weapons at some point although I was not told how or when. I don't use Truthguard in play now just a normal weapon and seem to do ok. What must I do?
      From Blizzard -  "I understand you are contacting us about your starting artifact weapon! I know it would be frustrating wanting to use Retribution and the Ashbringer and getting the Truth Guard by mistake. I made this same mistake on my Shaman. I was anxious to get the Doom Hammer and didn’t realize I was required to use the Enhancement spec. I do have some information to share with you.
      The bad news is, once an artifact is selected, there’s no changing that. Luckily, you’re not stuck with this forever. You’ll need to go through some of the story line with the Truth Guard, but once you hit level 102, you’ll be presented with the option to pick up the other 2 artifact weapons. From there you will be able to use any one you’d like. ^_^"
    • By serialkrusher
      during the hunter of hereos quest my armor broke i couldnt fight any longer. the only option i had was to hearth to dalaran to repair now i cant get back. i cant abandon the quest either im completely stuck
    • By Borgeus
      Hello all rogues in Azeroth. I'm a 915 assasination rogue. Can pull 1,5m burst dps and substain around 700-900k dps during longer fights. 
      Since my question is about relics I don't feel the use of armory and logs to answer my question. 
      My weapon is ilvl 920 and I feel it's falling behind with my raidpartners and I'm thinking of when to switch out what I'm using. Since I'm using two master assasin + boots my vendetta is on around 45 sec CD
      I have: 
      shadow: 905 toxic blade relic.
      Iron: 885 master assasin relic.
      Blood: 900 master assasin relic.

Should I focus more on ilvl with for example Iron-relic? 
      See you around and remember. If someone scary comes. Vanish, shadowstep, Mutilate 
    • By Sisco
      Hopefully an easy question. I have always just gone for the top trait relics but now i have a non top relic and need to understand the comparison chart. Does the Weapon iLvl column # the number that should be added to the +50 Item levels for example? is a say +51 item level with Jaws of Thunder the same value (60) as  a +60 item level Furious swipes  or do i add the Trait bonus so to speak to the ~900 item level? Thanks you for the clarification.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-artifact-talents-traits-relics 
    • By greenieSr
      Ok so let me start out by saying my weapon is lvl 885(fire artifact) and has the following relics equipped: 

Fires of Heaven 855 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      Raven's sight 865 +20% FS (Arcane)
      Fires of Heaven 845 +10% Pyro (Fire)
      (I know it doesnt add 10% each)

i have in my bag i have:

Seawitch's Foci 840 +12% Ignite (Arcane)
      Sizziling Fang 875 +12% Ignite (Fire)
      Soulforge Ember 835+12% Ignite (Fire)
      Molten Giant's Eye 860+3% Fire crit (Fire)
      Fires of Heaven 840 +10% Pyro (Fire)

Ok last time i took out an Ignite relic i lost 40-50k dps. I put in the 855 Fires of Heaven relic and just did not stack up even though it was a 10ilvl increase. So my question is should i go tripple Ignite? or maybe double ignite with the crit relic too. I care a lot more about mythic + dps more than raid so keep that in mind. it doesnt seem like the pyro one is very good compared to ignite. Also if anyone can offer an explanation as to why i lost so much dps by switching in the supposedly best relic (pyro) that would be great. My best guess is that i was on some kind of soft cap with mastery and that it did a lot more dps but idk

I think the best two options are running three ignite for insane cleave damage in mythic plus or, Sizziling Flame, Molten Giant, and Seawitch.