Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maruken

Arcane NT Spam Build?

8 posts in this topic

So, I've been following the simulationcraft results for a little while, but today something piqued my interest... Arcane Mage is quite far ahead of the rest using a new entry called Mage_NTSpamArcane_T19P.

Didn't take me long to realise that it's a build heavily focused on spamming Nether Tempest, but how does this work exactly?

arcane mage nt spam.png

Im not 100% certain and i actually wanted to experiment with this a bit, but Nether Tempest as a damaging spell that is instant cast with no cooldown lets you spam it in a way that results in arcane missiles procs, so in the non burn phase instead of juggling, you would spam tempest until you get a missiles proc, rinse and repeat, since the spam costs a virtua nil mana while dealing damage via missiles and tempest thats the boon? I would also imagine that Haste becomes a very high asset for such a build as a function of how fast you want the dot to tick.

again, not 100 percent sure but thats just a theory.... 

a game theory? 

.this is where it wont let me delete an idea post that i was mistaken about. *shrug*

Edited by Rosario

1 hour ago, Archimage said:

• Arcane
    • spell_arcane_invocation.gif Quickening (Talent)'s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.

RIP

Yeah I figured it was gonna get hotfixed lol. I'd imagine it's not fun spamming NT for half the fight.

On 9/27/2016 at 7:15 AM, Rosario said:

lol yup, and thats why you dont post youtube videos :D

I feel like they were already aware of it before YT videos came out considering it was simmed differently from normal Arcane, as well as being in most rotation guides :p