FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Silently

Which stat is best for Blood (balance) ?

6 hours ago, Silently said:

that's a good information for me. thanks much.

btw, icy said "Has > Cri => Ver > Mas" but all the WQ reward item is "Crit & Mas" or "Has & Mas"...GG.

The other issue here too just present in the entire thread, is legion F'd up stats in many ways if you will. There is no longer a simple one guide and GG build that can be posted, why most specs don't have trinket listing and rankings etc. Its an individual sort of thing and for min maxing self simming is big. So, the icy guides are the general best starting template. Like you want to research something you first need to find the best library, that sort of deal. From there is more about figuring out what's best for you and your gear/playstyle. 

Best stat = patience while you try and figure it out and it varies depending on the content your hitting as well.

Good stats, Haste 25% ish, parry 20% (mainly from crit) then mix in more crit or versa depending on how squishy you feel and how much dps you want to output. With the dps being important enough in Mythic + and sometimes in heroic fights if your missing timers by small amounts and your healers dont mind a bit more tank healing. 

Worst stat = mastery at this moment in time but that could change in 7.1.5 when they buff/change how the secondary stats work.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shells said:

but that could change in 7.1.5 when they buff/change how the secondary stats work.

Im going to be salty if come 7.1.5 they are going to change it to "STACK MASTERY AND GG LOLOLOLOL" honestly all the changes have me slightly concerned, just simply from all the work that is potentially going to be wasted XD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shells said:

Best stat = patience while you try and figure it out and it varies depending on the content your hitting as well.

Good stats, Haste 25% ish, parry 20% (mainly from crit) then mix in more crit or versa depending on how squishy you feel and how much dps you want to output. With the dps being important enough in Mythic + and sometimes in heroic fights if your missing timers by small amounts and your healers dont mind a bit more tank healing. 

Worst stat = mastery at this moment in time but that could change in 7.1.5 when they buff/change how the secondary stats work.

Im not really confident we'll see much change to blood.  Other classes, like warrors, have haste beating strength from what I understand, which is somewhat broken.

Blood's problem is that Blizz has obviously packed the loot tables with mastery which is arguably the worst performing stat. So we're talking about a straight up buff to mastery.

Maybe tying it to BS as a mitigation buff instead of DS so it scales with difficulty?  Cuz right now Bloods either don't really need a healer or get cracked lol.

edit: as a clarification, mastery seems to perform better the easier the content.  For example if you pull a pack and get hit 4 times for 80k in between DS's, mastery will "absorb" 25% of the incoming damage.  Which is quite good.  On the other hand, absorbing 80k on Ursoc is chump change when you are taking millions in a short period of time.  A stat that effectively works less well the harder the content becomes doesnt make sense to me.

Edited by Sniz
  • Like 1

I would not throw away any gear you get for the next few weeks to see what way they will jump with this. 

Mastery is crap now but might be king in 2-3 weeks , or more , depends on how the PTR goes, I expect to see some leaks this week assuming they put it out on Tue/Wed with the midweek update.

I think we will see a big enough change, we have haste beating or at least competing with strength currently , Str. gives no mitigation apart from a tiny amount of parry so that is an issue. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shells said:

I would not throw away any gear you get for the next few weeks to see what way they will jump with this. 

Mastery is crap now but might be king in 2-3 weeks , or more , depends on how the PTR goes, I expect to see some leaks this week assuming they put it out on Tue/Wed with the midweek update.

I think we will see a big enough change, we have haste beating or at least competing with strength currently , Str. gives no mitigation apart from a tiny amount of parry so that is an issue. 

Strength doesn't, but stam does. It scales your minimum DS and through that your mastery. Funny thing is, stacking stam hurts the 20% of previous damage taken part of DS.  So players on the cutting edge of content talk about limiting stam. So i guess, blood does have primary stat problems afterall...

Oh and my mastery gear isnt going anywhere.  Ive had my loot rewards set to blood this entire expac and with the mastery gear, my Frost build is actually better still (if you go by ilvl) because its actually a useful stat.

Id like to see mastery buff mitigation by its % for say the next 5 seconds after a DS.  It would make unending thirst more fun as well. 

• Like 1

Totally, it needs to be a fun fix rather than a boring fix. 

Something along the lines of what you have there or maybe after you get a Blood Shield, your golden artifact gives you leech for 5 seconds modified by mastery and any extra healing gets converted into a stronger shield.

Likewise there will be some tweaking that needs to happen, we live in interesting times.

:)

• Like 1