Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pringols

New to tankadin need some tips

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Im new to prot paladin and was bloody since the 5.0 until now, i've looked around for many guides and stuff, but i think my performance is subpar and could be better.

Im leading my raid and my initial thought is that im screwing some rotation or buffs because of calls and stuff..

Anybody can help please?

Thanks!

Log for durumu last night:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6bk8j5iqpzfx1ji7/dashboard/?s=3513&e=4002

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/transltr/advanced

You seem to be lacking Highly in mastery. Being that a tankadin's main Damage mitigation is from shield of the righteous, Mastery would be the Number one thing to reforge to. I see a few haste reforges that could be mastery instead. It also doesn't help that you have a few DPS pieces.

Try looking through here and seeing what you can do.

http://www.icy-veins.com/protection-paladin-wow-pve-tank-guide

I would recommend the Control/Mastery Priority.

Control/Haste I assure you is the standard now.

Look over the rotation part of the guide that EgoReaper posted. Looks like you used hammer of the righteous over your crusader strike too much and didn't prioritize CS as your most important holy power generator. This will help you with holy power generation which in turn will let you get off more Shield of the Righteous.

If you use weak auras addon you might go over to www.Sacredduty.net and download thecks weak auras for prot palys. It helps you with when you should refresh your Sacred Shield (a very important aspect of paly tanking)

1 person likes this

You seem to be lacking Highly in mastery. Being that a tankadin's main Damage mitigation is from shield of the righteous, Mastery would be the Number one thing to reforge to. I see a few haste reforges that could be mastery instead. It also doesn't help that you have a few DPS pieces.

Try looking through here and seeing what you can do.

http://www.icy-veins...-pve-tank-guide

I would recommend the Control/Mastery Priority.

take everything that ego said, and completely ignore it. Haste is significantly more effective at smoothing damage curves than mastery, which causes some of the spikiest damage of any tank in the game. basic tips for a prot pally: keep sacred shield up 100% of the time, set up a weak auras icon to monitor its cool down. spam judge and crusader/HoTR all day long and build to 5 holy power if possible. at 5, pop your shield. keep in mind that with a haste build your static mitigation is quite low, so you NEED to have you SoTR active for incoming big hits. from the moment you depress the SoTR key you have mitigation rolling for approx 2.7 seconds, depending on lag. it is for this reason that prot pallies dont have a "rotation", we have necessary spells that must be active at their required times. if you see horridon's triple puncure about to hit you in 4 seconds and you dont have 3 HP ready and waiting, then youre doing something wrong. pally tanking is all about the timing of your shield. another example is jikun: if the cd for talon strike is 3 seconds and you're at 1 HP, youre gonna get your ass handed to you when you take that hit with barely any static mitigation and no fluid mitigation running.

1 person likes this

One of the hardest things

take everything that ego said, and completely ignore it. Haste is significantly more effective at smoothing damage curves than mastery, which causes some of the spikiest damage of any tank in the game. basic tips for a prot pally: keep sacred shield up 100% of the time, set up a weak auras icon to monitor its cool down. spam judge and crusader/HoTR all day long and build to 5 holy power if possible. at 5, pop your shield. keep in mind that with a haste build your static mitigation is quite low, so you NEED to have you SoTR active for incoming big hits. from the moment you depress the SoTR key you have mitigation rolling for approx 2.7 seconds, depending on lag. it is for this reason that prot pallies dont have a "rotation", we have necessary spells that must be active at their required times. if you see horridon's triple puncure about to hit you in 4 seconds and you dont have 3 HP ready and waiting, then youre doing something wrong. pally tanking is all about the timing of your shield. another example is jikun: if the cd for talon strike is 3 seconds and you're at 1 HP, youre gonna get your ass handed to you when you take that hit with barely any static mitigation and no fluid mitigation running.

Let me add to this that (for me at least) one of the hardest concepts to grasp is that you can GET 5 Holy Power but you only NEED 3. So ideally you want to wait until you have 5 and then use Shield, but it can be confusing to remember that you can, for instance, get to 5, hit Shield, then hit CS/Jud again and hit SotR once more for Triple Puncture/Snapping Bite/Talon Rake. Don't fall into the trap of always waiting until 5HP; 5 is ideal but better to spend it at 3+ and have it up for that big hit than risk dying because you were waiting until 5. It's a fairly clunky concept and can be very confusing at times.

1 person likes this