Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First week has passed, how does everyone feel about your DPS in raid?

How is your dps performance in a raid comparing to others that have similar ilvl and artifact lvl?   7 members have voted

1. 1. How is your dps performance in a raid comparing to others that have similar ilvl and artifact lvl?

• Good - My overall damage in boss fights beat most of other classes that have similar ilvl with me.
    • Average - Among ppl with similar ilvl, some classes best me.
    • Bad. Most classes have done better than me, even though their ilvl is significantly lower than me.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

I am eager to know what everyone thinks about WW dps after the first raiding week and therefore evaluate my rotation and performance, so despite that I am not very good at English, I carry out this poll as a conversation starter.  

In the first week of Legion I was very excited about WW because in ALL the dungeons  I did way more damage than every other classes, sometimes 30% or 40% more. This high expectation was met with slightly frustration and confusion when it came to raid content last week. Last night my guild killed heroic Xavius and here is the log: I ranked 7(vincenkw) but that was mainly because I happened to outlive most of others and got a chance to do a lot of damage during the crazed 15 secs. During earlier attempts my DPS ranked around #10 - #14 and almost got replaced, and my ilvl(853) was higher than a good part of the raids. The other night I did heroic Ursoc with a 12 men pug team, I ranked #3 eventually but also almost got replaced earlier because I ranked around #7-#10 during attempts that last for about 3 to 4 minutes, my ilvl was 851 and the #1 and #2 was hunter and DH, their ilvl were around 848. About the artifact level, I've asked several guild members and we are all around 20.

All in all, I feel like WW is not so competent as I have thought it would be, what do you guys think?Also, it seems to me WW usually don't do well comparatively in the first 3 or 4 minutes which often result in being replaced while the team is making attempts, what is your experience regarding this issue?

Out of interest, were you playing before or after the changes to classes? Just before I comment on the rest :p

Tbh, I am not very sure. I am aware there was a change, but since there is no patch notes about it(or I havdn't found it), I don't know when it happened. The Xavis kill I mentioned was after the change, this I can confirm.

I am interested in hearing what other raiding monks will share about their Emerald Nightmare experiences.

While my monk is not yet raid-ready, I've dungeoned and raided with multiple WW monks, and I've seen them perform in top 3 for multi-target fights at in normal raids and mythic dungeons.

I'm also interested in hearing about the class changes that were stealthed into game this September

Posted (edited)

Atm im only pugging (EN norm & heroic), and doing M+9 as progression, and in my experience WW monks are quite high.

In raids i tend to top the dmg charts with at least 2-4% more dmg than the others, probably due to Karma-legendary.
Dungeons the only proper competition is the DH, and thats with a lot of aoe (thrash), but seeing DHs lack a bit in ST, i tend to top it in overall.

Now im very interested about what monk changes.. Havent even seen anything in the "hidden hotfixes"!

Edited by Enimas

Posted (edited)

The only change I've noticed for sure is that SotW seems to do about half damage (maybe less?) to secondary targets, like how FoF used to be.

Also been noticing the same thing with DPS charts, before and after the hotfixes. I tend to be far and away the top overall DPS in dungeons, and still manage to edge out most better geared players on pure single-target boss fights. So far I've only seen a couple rogues and 1 demo lock do more DPS than me in pure single-target fights, and they were only a couple % higher. But then in PUG raids, even in LFR, I'm usually somewhere around #4-7 on the charts, even in AOE-heavy fights. Don't really know why. Could just be doing some mechanics slightly wrong, I dunno. I know I've popped karma too early or too late a few times.

Edited by Arrkhal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adelynd
      Who We Are
      Lunae was created in early 2011 by a group of friends that have busy real lives with jobs and families.  We like to do things well but our families and friends come first.  We are looking for mature, fun, experienced, and skilled players who want to join a friendly raiding environment.  We offer a mature atmosphere that loves to raid more with the person than with a player and knows that in the end, real life is all that matters.  If you think this way then we may be the right guild for you.
      DPS and healer-prefer priest.
      Raid Schedule
      We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 23:30-02:00
      EN-Normal 7/7 Heroic 2/7
      Our Expectations for Raiders
      Be at the raid entrance 15 minutes prior to start time when invites occur Attend at least 2/3 raids per week Have fully gemmed, enchanted, and repaired gear~have an in-depth knowledge of your class Regularly read the guild forums, read up/watch videos on boss tactics before the raid Have food, flasks and potions with you Have a headset and be able to not only listen but speak English. Applications
      When applying to Lunae remember that our only insight into who you are is based on what you write on the application form.  Please be thorough.  If accepted you will be considered a trial raider for a couple of weeks so the guild may evaluate your suitability for Lunae.  Apply at:
      If you would like to have more information about Lunae please leave a message or contact Adelynd#1667 in-game.
    • By Semifreddo
      Raiding guild looking for more raiders! We have a particular need of ranged DPS and a healer or two. Melee DPS are more than welcome if they have a tank off-specc. That helps with Mythic+ runs, if we have several tanks and groups going at the same time.

Progression: 7/7N, 1/7H

Raid Schedule: 20:00 Saturday and Sunday Server Time

Communication: Discord Channel

Interest: Message me on (Semifreddo#2224), or respond to this post with what class and specc you play.
    • By mischievous
      Cleared Heroic and Normal Emerald Nightmare in the first week of it's release.
      Classes Needed:
      Resto Shaman
      Resto Druid
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply at our website  If you have questions about the application process, contact any of the officers for additional information.

Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417
    • By zanpander
      so im 848 ilvl and in mythics i do around 150k-200k dps  but mostly on the low end  is this normal ? 
      rotation  the icy veins rotation 
      warcraft log ( im new to making logs so idk if i messed this up or not )
    • By Subs01
      <Wakening> is a newly formed guild on Sylvanas alliance side, we are looking to fill up the ranks to get a full team ready for mythic. 

We are a semi-hardcore guild, we expect you to be performing your best and constantly looking to improve, 5/7 was cleared on our first night together so things are moving along smoothly!

Our raid times are Wednesday, Sunday and Monday 21:00 - 00:00 server time.

Currently we are looking for players of all classes but specifically ranged DPS and Tanks. 

Please contact Subs#2165 on battle tag or reply to this thread if you think you're up to it!