Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quentio

Outlaw - Roll The Bones Questions

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

I tried to collect information about roll the bones by reading and watching guides but i feel like there are so many details that are not mentioned. So it leads me to create this thread with all my recent questions that came to my mind while playing this spec. I would really appreciate it if someone who is more experienced than me in theorycrafting could reply.

1. Ill start with general questions when I go through my normal rotation

with NO cooldowns activated.

- 1.1  I  heard that I want to reroll until I have 2 buffs active and

that no single buff is worth keeping in my normal rotation. Are there

exceptions? Do I want to reroll some buffs even if 2 are active? (Saw in    

a thread that you want to reroll Grand Meele)

- 1.2  I know there is no real difference if I cast Run Through at 5+ or 6 CP but       

does that change when the buff Broadsides is up? Do I want to cast Run

Through at 4+ CP to not waste 2 CP if the Pistol Shot procs? If not, does it

change when I ALSO have the buff Jolly Roger up because  more

pistol shot procs = more wasted CPs?

2. Following questions are about the OPENING sequence with Adrenaline and

Artifact.

- 2.1 The Icy-Veins guide tells me to keep Shark Invested Waters or 2 buffs.

Other sources say that true bearing is also worth keeping because it resets

Adrenaline Rush, is it good to keep this buff aswell?

- 2.2 Are there exceptions aswell with the 2 buffs ? I feel like Broadsides, Jolly

Roger and Buried Treasure are useless in the opener because of

Adrenaline Rush and Artifact. Whats the benefit in rolling Broadsides +

Jolly Roger ?

- 2.3 Do you always want  have the in 2.1 mentioned buffs up BEFORE you use

your cooldowns even if u get unlucky and fish multiple times or do you just

use CDs and fish while using them ? It doesnt really make a difference for

me if I fish 4 times before CDs or 4 times in CDs except I have DMG trinkets

or other DMG increases activated, right?

Okay these are all the things that bothered me while playing

It would be awesome if you guys could discuss these questions with me !

Thanks,

Quentio

Edited by Quentio

22 hours ago, Quentio said:

1.1  I  heard that I want to reroll until I have 2 buffs active and

that no single buff is worth keeping in my normal rotation. Are there

exceptions? Do I want to reroll some buffs even if 2 are active? (Saw in    

a thread that you want to reroll Grand Meele)

I actually posted a thread a few minutes ago which is more up to date than the guide on the main site

This question is answered in there if you want to go give it a read

Link

I know there is no real difference if I cast Run Through at 5+ or 6 CP but       

does that change when the buff Broadsides is up? Do I want to cast Run

Through at 4+ CP to not waste 2 CP if the Pistol Shot procs? If not, does it

change when I ALSO have the buff Jolly Roger up because  more

pistol shot procs = more wasted CPs?

You always want to be using finishers at 5CP or 6CP. If you have 4, cast either SS or PS. If you have 5 or 6, cast RT.

2.1 The Icy-Veins guide tells me to keep Shark Invested Waters or 2 buffs.

Other sources say that true bearing is also worth keeping because it resets

Adrenaline Rush, is it good to keep this buff aswell?

Also answered in the Roll the Bones thread

Are there exceptions aswell with the 2 buffs ? I feel like Broadsides, Jolly

Roger and Buried Treasure are useless in the opener because of

Adrenaline Rush and Artifact. Whats the benefit in rolling Broadsides +

Jolly Roger ?

In short, yeah they're not ideal and it's ok to reroll them, but you don't need to.

This is outlined a little at the bottom of that info thread

2.3 Do you always want  have the in 2.1 mentioned buffs up BEFORE you use

your cooldowns even if u get unlucky and fish multiple times or do you just

use CDs and fish while using them ? It doesnt really make a difference for

me if I fish 4 times before CDs or 4 times in CDs except I have DMG trinkets

or other DMG increases activated, right?

Yeah you can fish for buffs while you have cooldowns active there's nothing wrong with that. Again, check the info thread for more details.

Thank you very much for the answer. Interesting that you want to always keep tb. I have the legendary boots for rogue which increase my dmg by 20% of my increased movement speed so i am using sprint as a cooldown in my opener. I think under this circumstance i dont want to reroll while bursting. So would it be a dmg increase to always roll ie or tb before i activate it ?

16 hours ago, Quentio said:

Thank you very much for the answer. Interesting that you want to always keep tb. I have the legendary boots for rogue which increase my dmg by 20% of my increased movement speed so i am using sprint as a cooldown in my opener. I think under this circumstance i dont want to reroll while bursting. So would it be a dmg increase to always roll ie or tb before i activate it ?

If you get lucky enough to get them it's a bonus, but I don't think it's worth delaying cooldowns for

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      7.1.5 testing continues as test realms were updated with a new build.
      Another set of Legendary item updates, class changes, Tier 19 set bonus changes and even a blue post to take datamined information with a grain of salt.
      Lore
      Many class tuning changes for this build (and subsequent builds) are not likely to appear directly via datamining. Tooltip values for spells should still show their new amounts properly in-game, but many of these changes are being done in a way that's less apparent through datamining.

For more clarity on why: we're getting to the point of the PTR development cycle where we're starting to make heavy changes intended for overall performance balance between classes. In the past, this would have been done by changing each affected spell individually, which can be a slow process. To allow for more rapid iteration during the PTR process, we're instead those putting changes into a passive aura for each spec. That means only 1 "spell" needs to be modified, instead of several, which allows us to make more adjustments in total per build.

Once the PTR cycle is concluded, these adjustments will most likely be moved from that passive aura into the baseline spells, but in the meantime, please be aware that what's seen via datamining may not immediately show all of the actual changes that have taken place.
      (Source)
      Legendary Item Updates
      Archimonde's Hatred Reborn Demon Hunter
      Anger of the Half-Giants Druid
      Impeccable Fel Essence The Emerald Dreamcatcher Hunter
      Butcher's Bone Apron Nesingwary's Trapping Treads Rogue
      Greenskin's Waterlogged Wristcuffs Tier 19 Set Bonuses
      Tier 19 Nighthold sets received further updates to their set bonuses.
      Hunter
      Item - Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 4P Bonus Item - Hunter T19 Survival 4P Bonus Priest
      Item - Priest T19 Discipline 2P Bonus Item - Priest T19 Discipline 4P Bonus Rogue
      Item - Rogue T19 Outlaw 2P Bonus Warlock
      Item - Warlock T19 Affliction 2P Bonus Item - Warlock T19 Affliction 4P Bonus Class Changes
      DEMON HUNTER
      Chaos Strike Chaos Strike Talent Changes
      Demonic Appetite  DRUID
      Mangle Mastery: Starlight Artifact
      Gory Fur Talent Changes
      Displacer Beast Galactic Guardian Soul of the Forest MAGE
      Talent Changes
      Ray of Frost MONK
      Stagger Talent Changes
      Mystic Vitality PRIEST
      Mind Sear Void Bolt Voidform ROGUE
      Goremaw's Bite Pick Pocket Talent Changes
      Exsanguinate SHAMAN
      Crash Lightning Talent Changes
      Crashing Storm Fury of Air Hailstorm WARLOCK
      Talent Changes
      Demonic Circle WARRIOR
      PvP Talent Changes
      Ready for Battle
    • By Bitterivy
      Praetorian Guard, established in early 2011, is a Horde guild on Khaz Modan - US looking to rebuild its ranks.  Looking for all classes/specs at the moment.  (Tanks, Healers, Melee DPS, and Ranged DPS.)  Plans for raiding after gearing up.  Raid times will be tailored to fit the core raiding team.
      Low level players welcome.  (Happy to help with content or questions.) 100 - 110 leveling help, gearing up, and world quest/daily gangs. Heroics, Mythics, and Raiding with enough geared players. PvP teams optional and separate from raiding. Guild bank with 7 tabs and guild repairs. Legacy raids, dungeons, and world events will be done for fun. Achievement runs, help with mount runs, and legendary quests will be available. Friendly environment and a no drama policy. Contact:
      GM: Bitterivy
      Battle.net: Bitterivy#1250
    • By Taveren
      Iron Genesis is recruiting Horde on Zul'jin for Mythic raiding. We are currently 4/7M EN. Rank 50 on Zul'jin.

Openings: DPS (ranged preferred, melee considered); healers (resto shaman /disc priest preferred)

We will clear mythic, and expect frequent attendance, flask/food/pots, knowledge of fights, etc. However, we are understanding, like to have a good time, and pretty laid back. We have weekly heroic EN clears for alts and clear ToV as well. We also run an excessive amount of mythic pluses all week long.

If you are interested, please submit an application on our discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/jjaRJNM

In your application include: battle tag/armory link/recent logs/prior guild info with reason for switch/bit of a bio and what you want from raiding. If you have any questions, feel free to include them in your application, or reach out to one of our recruiters:

Taaveren - Taveren#1397

Wildoer – Wildoer#1724

Akeldama - Archon#1123

Raid Times: 8:00PM EST - 11:30PM EST Raid Schedule: Tuesday/Thursday

Here are our logs if you would like to take a
      look: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/30922/

• By mischievous
      Current Progression:
      T18 13/13M
      T19 7/7M, 3/3H
      Classes Needed:
      Shadow Priest
      Discipline Priest
      Hunter
      An Exceptional Tank
      Any Exceptional Healers
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.
      Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      -9/hrs total
      -Tue/Wed/Thu - 8:45 to 11:45pm
      -Off night activities aplenty!
      -Note that we have an optional 4th raid day the first week of a new tier.
      Raid Info:
      -Loot Council (BDLC Addon)
      -1 alt Split Runs (first week or two of the tier)
      -Two to three week trial period
      -25 to 30 man roster w/ rotating bench
      -Competitive raid spots
      Who We Are:
      -Horde on Bleeding Hollow (Chicago Datacenter)
      -Progression Raiding
      -Emphasis on Efficiency
      -Sparkling Personalities
      -Adult Humor
      -Serious When It Counts
      What We Want:
      -Adults who raid simply because progression is fun
      -A history of raiding success with logs to back it up
      -Computer that doesn't choke in raids + reliable internet connection
      -A working mic and an owner who uses it appropriately
      -Skin thick enough to withstand our torture/commentary
      -Into post-raid cuddling on TS (social, does Mythic+ with us, etc.)
      Contacts:
      Esurient - GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Co-GM - amisti#1417
      Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      website to apply: shiftycasuals.wowlaunch.com
    • By Jovovich
      [US-Arthas][H]Unhuman (Francais) EN:6/7M ToV:3/3H www.unhuman.ca
      Unhuman est à la recherche de nouveaux visages qui seraient intéressés à joindre ses rangs!
      Forum: http://forum.unhuman.ca/forum/7-recrutement/
      Raiding:
      - [Raid] Starlight Bros EN:6/7M ToV:3/3H 2soirs Mardi et Dimanche 7hpm à 10h30pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Insanity EN:4/7M ToV:2/3H 2soirs Mardi et Mercredi 7h30pm à 10h30pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Fluffy EN:4/7M ToV:2/3H 2soirs Mercredi et Jeudi 6h15pm à 9h15pm (EST)
      - [Raid] Soldati EN:2/7M ToV:3/3N 2soirs 
      - [Raid] Les Gosus de Notre-Dame 1/7M ToV:3/3N 2soirs Mardi et Mercredi 7hpm à 10hpm (EST)
      PvP:
      - Nous sommes toujours a la recherche d'un PvP Leader pour gerer notre section de PvP
      Communauté:
      - Plus de  500 accounts
      Unhuman est plus qu'une guilde de raiding performante, c'est aussi la plus grosse communauté Francophone sur World of Warcraft US. Nous comptons présentement plus de 500 accounts actifs. Depuis sa création en 2006, Unhuman cherche à offrir à ses raiders un environnement de jeu qui favorise la progression et ce avec des joueurs d'excellent calibre. Nous sommes constamment à la recherche de nouveaux joueurs que ce soit PVE ou PVP, mais aussi des masters du Pet Battles, des champions de l'Archéologie ou peu importe ce qui vous branche ingame. Vous êtes donc assuré de trouver ce que vous cherchez chez nous peu importe votre style de jeu.
      Pour toutes questions...
      - http://unhuman.ca/
      - Jovovich-Arthas, Guild Master
      - Murielle-Arthas, Officier
      - Jdo-Arthas, Officier
      - Mottuer-Arthas, Officier
      - Izzaeth-Arthas, Officier