FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TheBeninator

What do you want to see in the next expansion?

Hey, me again. After the last Shaman post I thought everyone had some cool ideas so I thought It would be cool to ask what everyone wants to see in the  next expansion. Paracel had a really cool idea where shaman should get a bad totem to nerf Tuskarr Totemic. Personally, I would like to seea few more control cards to slow down the meta (too much aggro!). Go ahead an put any idea, whether it be a new card, mechanic, or even a new hero.

I think it'd be nice to get a couple more cards banned or at the very least tweaked arena. After playing competitive Magic for so long its sometimes hard to appreciate a format where the RNG element of Hearthstone is still so alive and well. Cards like Unstable Portal, Spreading Madness, Madder Bomber etc.

Also with the question of Tuskarr Totemic. Rather then add a bad totem to Shaman they could simply program the card to create one of the base totems (stoneclaw, healing, etc.) and then we'd never have to worry about the card! 

"party on wayne, party on darth"

Hearthstone Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Qr0Df9QX8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klott100 said:

I think it'd be nice to get a couple more cards banned or at the very least tweaked arena. After playing competitive Magic for so long its sometimes hard to appreciate a format where the RNG element of Hearthstone is still so alive and well. Cards like Unstable Portal, Spreading Madness, Madder Bomber etc.

Also with the question of Tuskarr Totemic. Rather then add a bad totem to Shaman they could simply program the card to create one of the base totems (stoneclaw, healing, etc.) and then we'd never have to worry about the card! 

I wouldn't do the RNG talk once again. Yes, it is a problem, but

"It's on our radar" 
-every single time a Blizzard Community Manager answers a balance question.

If we are realistic, than there is no way such drastic changes like bans or reworks can happen in the middle of season. R&D is slow response, and this is good in a way - things are more stable. Blizzcon is also not really far away in time, and doing major shake-ups to the game wouldn't be a great idea.

Regarding coding Tuskarr Totemic, what I offered is a very simple half-measure solution that would weaken, not kill the card, which is generally where you'd want to be as a developer. Given the fact card is almost two years old already, and will rotate soon(tm), hardly a big thing as a mechanical rework of such level could happen.

I do agree that Arena changes could be nice. But an expansion can help just as much.

1 hour ago, TheBeninator said:

Personally, I would like to see a few more control cards to slow down the meta (too much aggro!). 

It gets all rusty and dusty, but Control meta is even worse. It's really hard to help Control without overkill, I wouldn't go deep down the rabbit hole now. We already have a very potent deck that can be defined as Control and that can punish Control heavily - Malygos Druid, and word on the street it's Shaman levels of busted. Good SMOrc toys is how you contain such decks. And I think it's a good Idea - to contain, not nerf absolutely, because Druid definetly has a high skill cap, a trait that is so desirable and so rare nowadays.

Here is my wishlist, almost zero realism here :

1)A bad totem for Tuskarr Totemic;

2)A bad common for Arena Mage instead of more busted stuff;

3)Dragons to go with Dragon synergy cards from One Night in Karazhan once Year of Kraken is over;

4)A good Loatheb sized minion that says "Battlecries don't trigger", so we can interact with something like Yogg-Saron;

4.1)Exploration of this "taxing" interaction in general. Mana Wraith sucks and so does Saboteur. 

4.2)Plain Loatheb reprint;

5)A Warrior card advantage card that actually gives card advantage, or at least card selection akin to Raven Idol;

6)A Priest card advantage card that actually gives card advantage;

7)A Priest sweeper that doesn't suck.

8)Tribal support, like more Pirates and Murlocs that are not joke cards and can actually fight;

9)Something for Warlock that doesn't have "Zoo Staplez" written all over them;

10)A new meme card. 4 Mana 7/7 is pretty boring already.

Edited by Paracel
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2016 at 1:19 PM, Strongpoint said:

I would love to see cards that belong to two tribes like murloc+pirate or demon+beast. 

Would it be safe to assume that you play MTG? :P I think they would have to introduce more creature types before they get into dual typed creatures. 

• Like 1

I would simply love more "Ragers". A 2/5 Rager would simply be a great addition to my deck. A card that summons Ragers, similar to Hogger, would be nice as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I would simply love more "Ragers". A 2/5 Rager would simply be a great addition to my deck. A card that summons Ragers, similar to Hogger, would be nice as well. 

Maybe add "Rager" as a Minion type? They could make a 1/6 that gives your other "Ragers" +1 while he is active, or something along those lines. I think they should add more minion types for more minion themed decks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingMe said:

Maybe add "Rager" as a Minion type? They could make a 1/6 that gives your other "Ragers" +1 while he is active, or something along those lines. I think they should add more minion types for more minion themed decks. 

Yea I love minion themed decks, they should have something to replace the mechs (in startdard obv.)

The chance to make shadow priest viable. I have noticed with each expansion the Dev team trying to make certain archetypes viable. Like with ONiK they invigorated Beast Druid. I know it will probably never happen with shadow priest.. but one can dream.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigBoss said:

The chance to make shadow priest viable. I have noticed with each expansion the Dev team trying to make certain archetypes viable. Like with ONiK they invigorated Beast Druid. I know it will probably never happen with shadow priest.. but one can dream.

I'm dreaming with you. Maybe in the next "Year" they will throw Shadow Priest the bone it needs to be viable. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2016 at 6:15 PM, demonardvark said:

Dk hero class, it won't happen, but i want it to :D

Ive been hoping for this since early hearthstone. Dk and monk were always missing, I guess Demon hunters now too.

Edited by Shine
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Shine said:

Ive been hoping for this since early hearthstone. Dk and monk were always missing, I guess Demon hunters now too.

I think it would be neat if for like demon hunters or even death knights, their hero power had a really high cost, most sit around 2ish I wanna see like a 7 mana cost ability, but then have it be somewhat powerful too :D now i imagine this would be balance hell, but it would be something fun to see. so give those classes a harder time early game maybe even mid game, but then strong end game utility. would shake things up a bit :D

• Like 1

I'm 100% on the Monk hype train for Hearthstone. I know it won't happen, but I want it so badly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm 100% on the Monk hype train for Hearthstone. I know it won't happen, but I want it so badly.

How would the class work/function? Lots of people have been wanting Monk but I´m not sure what the class is all about.

56 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

How would the class work/function? Lots of people have been wanting Monk but I´m not sure what the class is all about.

monks have always been about chi and kung fu. So i could see a 2 power summon kung fu apprentice time power, or I could also see a small self heal, or maybe split the difference, summon a 1-1 and heal yourself 1, the latter might be a bit to strong but something on those lines

demon hunter i already got their power down, make it more expensive, but you can see your opponents hand :D or reveal 1 or 2 cards. the whole demon vision and self blinding thing is huge for them.

• Like 1

The hero powers could be in lines of "Gain 2 attack this turn", "Heal one, gain one armor" or "Summon a 1/1 minion with charge that dies at the end of your turn". I played only hunter in WoW, so I am not sure if the hero powers work well with the lore and whatnot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

The hero powers could be in lines of "Gain 2 attack this turn", "Heal one, gain one armor" or "Summon a 1/1 minion with charge that dies at the end of your turn". I played only hunter in WoW, so I am not sure if the hero powers work well with the lore and whatnot.

Heal one gain one armor actually sounds pretty cool. Lore wise not sure armor is necessarily a thing but its certainly a unique power and it sounds intriguing. BrM monks are about evading damage or shrugging off but I don't think hearthstone has any reduce damage type cards so that would be out of place. the Mist monks use mist to heal so maybe a heal cloud that heals all your cards for 1 maybe? 

I still like the heal one gain one armor quite a bit :)

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 3:15 PM, TheBeninator said:

Definitely worth checking out Fulla's video on Monk. It's amazing:

• Like 1

I'd love to see more effects that (temporarily) grant immunity. maybe a card that saids adjecent minions are immune. I think immunity is a mechanic that could see some play if done well. if not done well it is very prone to becoming too overpowered. I had always figured it to be something DK hero class might have. 

aside from that I'd love to see something along the lines of mtg's Trample. Trample in mtg is an effect that makes it so if a 4/4 creature is blocked by a 1/1 the remaining 3 damage is dealt to the hero (or other blocking creatures).

Lastly I always pictured a neutral legendary (maybe a dragon) that would increase your maximum health by 1 (without actually healing you) at end of turn. having a higher cap health can be extremely strong in control even if its only 1 or 2 hp difference.

• Like 1

I like to see a mistress class who's said to have a big torture chamber where she can be heard screaming with the other mistresses after she's been tied with hands and feet to her torture device. It electrocutes and stretches her. As a result she will become even more evil and stronger!

It's an idea from dungeon keeper  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YshaThun said:

I like to see a mistress class who's said to have a big torture chamber where she can be heard screaming with the other mistresses after she's been tied with hands and feet to her torture device. It electrocutes and stretches her. As a result she will become even more evil and stronger!

It's an idea from dungeon keeper  :)

Sounds rather specific - BSDM is not a good thing in card game for kids y'know xD . Additionally, I think that classes that are actually in Hearthstone the MMO should be made first.

We already have imps, insect, demons and what not. In the end, we even have Mistress of Pain - a card that could fit you well :D