FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TheBeninator

What do you want to see in the next expansion?

On 10/10/2016 at 4:06 PM, positiv2 said:

Sounds rather specific - BSDM is not a good thing in card game for kids y'know xD . Additionally, I think that classes that are actually in Hearthstone the MMO should be made first.

We already have imps, insect, demons and what not. In the end, we even have Mistress of Pain - a card that could fit you well :D

I have mixed emotions on where this conversation has went. xD

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 10:06 PM, positiv2 said:

Sounds rather specific - BSDM is not a good thing in card game for kids y'know xD . Additionally, I think that classes that are actually in Hearthstone the MMO should be made first.

How can I play this MMO? Never knew it existed.. Why can't Blizz publicise their games more?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

How can I play this MMO? Never knew it existed.. Why can't Blizz publicise their games more?

You're sick. :P

• Like 1

At this point Hearthstone has played very similarly. I mean you sometimes will go with whatever the meta favours but I think adding new classes like the Monk/DK would be great.

One thing I've thought of is Hero Customization. It would be cool to make a Human Warlock or something like that. Heck, even being able to customize your hero power. Giving each class 3 different Hero Powers would be great! For instance as a Mage:

1) Fireball
2) Rune (Summon a 0/1 Rune that has +1 Spell Damage)
3) Teleport (Move A Friendly Minion)

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 8:15 PM, FatalKoala said:

At this point Hearthstone has played very similarly. I mean you sometimes will go with whatever the meta favours but I think adding new classes like the Monk/DK would be great.

One thing I've thought of is Hero Customization. It would be cool to make a Human Warlock or something like that. Heck, even being able to customize your hero power. Giving each class 3 different Hero Powers would be great! For instance as a Mage:

1) Fireball
2) Rune (Summon a 0/1 Rune that has +1 Spell Damage)
3) Teleport (Move A Friendly Minion)

It's a nice idea, but you then become so incredibly dependent on the cards a class has since there are only so many hero powers you can create. At least, at the moment, hero powers do have some kind of "identity". 

• Like 2

My favourite class is the new priest probably, has one of the worst class legendaries, and its Jade lotus cards are not strong as druid equivalents.

They are about the release 'The Coin' in a different form, like, really? And it is rare, sorry but what is rare about that? My opponent will have the same card in 50% of the games. This could be some kind of a replacement to deathrattle effect of Tomb Pillager, without the 5/4 body of course. 

They just added a rager to the class, which is just another 5/1 with stealth, yeah it is a great idea to release such a card, as they also released many AoEs (not a single one for rogue of course), it is certain that stealth guy will live. 

Whole stealth mechanic is actually not bad, but it is just so AoE-sensitive and minions have low health really.

As I check, which one of these cards I would put in the QA miracle rogue, nothing except the new coins.

They also put a card which can be used in a pirate rogue. And that about covers it for rogue.

So, Blizzard may like the idea of destroying a class with every expansion, and too bad this time it kinda hurts me:(

Btw; I think the best jade lotus card of rogue is gonna be Jade Shuriken, the card which deals 2 damage and as a combo effect, summons a jade golem.

As I'm done with crying about rogue;

Warlock legendary is weird, normally RenoLock does not have many demons, after Mal'Ganis left the standard. And not sure if putting Lord Jaraxxus to the board is good idea, without its battlecry effect. Abyssal Enforcer can see play maybe, but it is also gonna be used for its battlecry effect, so no point in playing Krul the Unshackled. At least they got Kazakus.

Warrior did not see much love, but I think its legendary may see play in aggro warrior, as weapon buff seems quite good and interesting. Also, I think Alley Armorsmith could have a potential. Lastly, Sleep with the Fishes can be used together with Ravaging Ghoul, as some kind of a board clear.

For druid, I think jade druid has a potential, we'll have to see about that as well.

Hunter got some good cards as well, hand buff mechanic seems interesting. With this mechanic, Dispatch Kodo and Rat Pack will be quite effective. Also, Alleycat is really adorable:)

For mage, wonder if secret mage will be a thing, however, there are two secret related cards and a secret (which is quite easy to play around actually). And even RenoMage could be played after Kazakus., and Inkmaster Solia (this card is good)

Legendaries of Paladin and Shaman look like they have some kind of potential, dragon priest will be quite powerful, also Shaman has healing now (lovely!).

Dragon priest will be one of the best decks after the expansion is release probably. But this is already highly anticipated.

In neutral cards, we have a new meme card; Mayor Noggenfogger. For those who did not see the card yet, it is a 9 mana 5/4 and while it is on the board, all targets are chosen randomly. Sweet!

Also, Wrathion has an interesting effect definitely, drawing cards until the drawn card is not a dragon, wonder if it can see play in Dragon Priest. I don't think it is consistent enough.

Dirty Rat is definitely not a bad card, it will see play in some comtrol decks probably. 

Small Time Buccaneer could see play in Pirate Rogue, as it is not hard for rogue to have a weapon. Same goes for Naga Corsair, in all pirate decks however.

These are the interesting cards (I think) and some class cards I think will be effective.

'Say no to destruction of a specific class in every new expansion'

6 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

They are about the release 'The Coin' in a different form, like, really? And it is rare, sorry but what is rare about that? My opponent will have the same card in 50% of the games. This could be some kind of a replacement to deathrattle effect of Tomb Pillager, without the 5/4 body of course. 

It is Rare because being offered it on the Arena multiple times would suck. They kicked their Arena awareness into the overdrive this time.

I think Blizzard have been voicing just recently about Rogues and AoE effects. From their point of view, these two are not really destinied to be together. 

And Stealth is a problematic mechanic since day 1. It's better to not go overboard than be sorry next time. I do agree that theme is not supported that much, some vanilla filler like Gilblin Stalker could have worked it out.

I'll do more talking in my 132-card review, coming very soon, probably around this night CET! Stay tuned!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paracel said:

I'll do more talking in my 132-card review, coming very soon, probably around this night CET! Stay tuned!

I honestly feel this expansion was/ is meant to balance out Arena after Karazhan .. I would rather blizzard on sorting out stuff for players not in US/ UK (amazon coins, tyrande), I know there are workaround but I would rather not violate any TOS .. 

Slight update : I overestimated my abilities a little bit and not getting it done just now, because this body needs to sleep, apparently. The review is almost done and will be up tomorrowlater today. Spoiler alert - I am secretly an expert on card design, just like any other person on the Internet, so there will be a lot of theoretical and unneccesary bashing of people who actually get paid to do card design. But the expansion is not as bad as it sounds! 

1 hour ago, peekaboo said:

I honestly feel this expansion was/ is meant to balance out Arena after Karazhan .. I would rather blizzard on sorting out stuff for players not in US/ UK (amazon coins, tyrande), I know there are workaround but I would rather not violate any TOS .. 

I agree they kept Arena in mind, it's almost too obvious. Maybe they overcared and it's going to hurt our wallets and dust vaults thanks to Epics being everywhere.

About Amazon and Tyrande - no offense and it's just my opinion, but that's Amazon business, not Blizzard, and if you want to blame someone, that's Amazon. 

I also got Tyrande pretty safely, using my own credit card, all I had to do was to check on my location being USA/UK, while registering for Free Twitch Prime Trial. Hardly you can call that any violation - perhaps I was, in fact, living in the UK at the time?  But this was a lot of near-shady stuff to go through, that's for sure.

Amazon Coins refund was pure scam, if we're talking about the same thing, but then again, it's Amazon's fault. And Hearthstone doesn't have the actual trading infrastructure and huge amounts of new packs don't do anything to game's economy.

12 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Well, the whole set is revealed (except for possibly one more card) - do you get what you wanted? I definitely do.

Will you be updating your title and picture to reflect the new release? I feel it's only appropriate, no?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paracel said:

I also got Tyrande pretty safely, using my own credit card, all I had to do was to check on my location being USA/UK, while registering for Free Twitch Prime Trial. Hardly you can call that any violation - perhaps I was, in fact, living in the UK at the time?  But this was a lot of near-shady stuff to go through, that's for sure.

Amazon Coins refund was pure scam, if we're talking about the same thing, but then again, it's Amazon's fault. And Hearthstone doesn't have the actual trading infrastructure and huge amounts of new packs don't do anything to game's economy.

Yeah for Tyrande I wanted to do that but on reddit there are multiple threads with having to contact blizzard to get them to connect the accounts properly .. I have a Amazon Prime account but twitch prime is not available where I am, I contacted blizzard who said they cant do anything and asked me to post a suggestion ..

I'm not sure what happened in the past with Amazon Coins, there's an offer available till 3rd December where you get 50$ of coins for 25$ so that's 40 packs for 25$ which I feel is pretty good deal .. It's so complicated to complete ..

All the popular streamers have such varying opinions on the cards, but all agree its not going to change meta much except for Reno decks getting stronger and Priests 

5 hours ago, Strongpoint said:

Rogue's legendary is such a sad sight. It is a Gilblin Stalker with a bad version of Blessing of Wisdom attached. My main disappointment of the set. Class legendaries should have an interesting effect even if they are weak. 

It's basically just yet another card to add to Trolden's growing list of guaranteed videos.

For the next expansion, I want good rogue cards, because we sure didn't get any this time around.  I find it very disappointing that, discounting whispers, rogue has gotten six cards that see play and less then 5 are playable competitively since classic.  I mean there was oil in GvG, nothing in naxx or BRM (unless you count gang up which is only really used in mill), or in TGT.  We got tomb pillager in league and kind of raptor, and kind of swashburgler and peddler in kara.  I don't really count peddler or gang up as being competitive, since mill and burgle rogue are pretty bad.  You could even make the argument that raptor isn't really competitive as well.  

9 hours ago, Blainie said:

Will you be updating your title and picture to reflect the new release? I feel it's only appropriate, no?

Absolutely. I just need to gather 400 dust (though I will craft both golden) :P

2 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

For the next expansion, I want good rogue cards, because we sure didn't get any this time around.

Do you think this could be because there is a "set" that works for Rogue? If that makes sense? Rogue seems to have an awesome set of basic cards that interact really well together, so when you actually come into a basic vs new card scenario, the basic just seems to win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

Absolutely. I just need to gather 400 dust (though I will craft both golden) :P

Proud of you.

3 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

For the next expansion, I want good rogue cards, because we sure didn't get any this time around.  I find it very disappointing that, discounting whispers, rogue has gotten six cards that see play and less then 5 are playable competitively since classic.  I mean there was oil in GvG, nothing in naxx or BRM (unless you count gang up which is only really used in mill), or in TGT.  We got tomb pillager in league and kind of raptor, and kind of swashburgler and peddler in kara.  I don't really count peddler or gang up as being competitive, since mill and burgle rogue are pretty bad.  You could even make the argument that raptor isn't really competitive as well.  

I think we will see even more stealth in the next expansion. When I saw Shadow Sensei I was like "Ok, It is likely that the last unrelieved card is some kind of a good stealth minion" and then... Yes it is indeed a stealth minion. 

On 12/1/2016 at 3:58 PM, Strongpoint said:

I think we will see even more stealth in the next expansion. When I saw Shadow Sensei I was like "Ok, It is likely that the last unrelieved card is some kind of a good stealth minion" and then... Yes it is indeed a stealth minion. 

I feel like this is always such a difficult mechanic to balance - you have the basic stealth minions already with normal stats in the neutral cards. If you add something too good, it gets OP because it is so difficult to remove. 

Look at Moroes: his effect can be amazing with the Paladin Divine Shield deck, but god does he die to just about anything.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

I feel like this is always such a difficult mechanic to balance

Yeah, but Blizzard went ahead and gave the best card in the game stealth.

5 hours ago, Blainie said:

Look at Moroes: his effect can be amazing with the Paladin Divine Shield deck, but god does he die to just about anything.

I'd say that Moroes is just too slow. 1/1s don't make a big difference and it takes at least 4 turns to get value, though very small.

It's quite possible we will see more stealth minions, though I doubt that any of them will see play. The only stealth minion that is consistently played is Stranglethorn Tiger - stealth isn't as important as it may seem.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:28 AM, positiv2 said:

stealth isn't as important as it may seem.

Surely with so many random buff cards, it is becoming more valuable? Like, dropping a random buffed Stranglethorn Tiger that is now 10/10 must suck.

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

Surely with so many random buff cards, it is becoming more valuable? Like, dropping a random buffed Stranglethorn Tiger that is now 10/10 must suck.

If you run Han'cho and a Stranglethorn Tiger, you surely need to run more minions. If you run more minions, you reduce the chance of the buff hitting the Tiger. If you run only stealth minions, your opponent will be gaining tempo and value as his cards will have more stats. Until a new way to effectively use stealth shows up, I won't be using stealth minions just for their stealth. 

• Like 1