FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vandexel

MM- Vulnerable + Aimed or Windburst

Hi, I was just wondering because the rotation guide is a little unclear on icy veins. In the first rotation it says cast aimed shot if you can complete it before vulnerable wears off, and then cast windburst otherwise. But a little farther down it says to cast windburst on cooldown and then it says cast aimed shot when vulnerable is active. Should I prioritize windburst over an aimed shot + vulnerable?

Thanks!

It's not a rotation, it's a priority list. "On cooldown" here means "when nothing of higher priority is available".

Basically, you get the most out of Aimed Shot and Marked Shot you can, and when you can't cast any of them anymore into Vulnerability - that's when you use Windburst.

Ok, so just to confirm, when i have windburst ready to use but instead i can use an aimed shot while the target is vulnerable, i should use that?

But for something like barrage, I'll want to use that even if i can aimed+vulnerable because its higher priority?

Edited by Vandexel

1 hour ago, Vandexel said:

Ok, so just to confirm, when i have windburst ready to use but instead i can use an aimed shot while the target is vulnerable, i should use that?

But for something like barrage, I'll want to use that even if i can aimed+vulnerable because its higher priority?

You skipped over the part " but ultimately quite a bit worse, way to think about executing the rotation. It is, however, a good starting point."

Ultimately you want vulnerability with as many Aim shots and marked targets as you can squeeze into that cycle. Playing this style will give you down time where your waiting for a Marking targets proc, during this period I cast barrage if I have the foucs or Side winders to get  vulnerability from a trait on our weapon and cast more Aim shots. 

Example for me is: 

Opener: > 1sec early Windburst> True shot> Barrage> SW>MS>SW>MS> Aim shot till out of focus> SW>AS twice (or 3-4 if I have LNL proc)>MS>SW( if you popped hero at start) Aim shot twice or 3-4 from LNL>MS>Aim shot till out of focus>

Normal play: At this point my play style above applies.. Windburst for a vul debuff ( cause your out of focus) > Aim shot again till I get a marking target proc, if I don't then I barrage and just wait till I hit 2 Sidewinders or proc. 

Edited by GeorgeSuarez

1 hour ago, Vandexel said:

Yes to both.

Though in second case it's a bit more situational. In pure single target patchwerk situation, yes, you want to use Barrage on cooldown as highest priority, unless it causes you to lose an opportunity to cast Marked Shot into Vulnerable.

In more realistic raiding scenario, you may want to save Barrage if a wave of adds will spawn in a few seconds.

Or you may want to delay Barrage for a couple of seconds if you can stand still and cast Aimed Shot now, but you will need to move in a few seconds. 

Just now, Iridar said:

Yes to both.

Though in second case it's a bit more situational. In pure single target patchwerk situation, yes, you want to use Barrage on cooldown as highest priority, unless it causes you to lose an opportunity to cast Marked Shot into Vulnerable.

In more realistic raiding scenario, you may want to save Barrage if a wave of adds will spawn in a few seconds.

Or you may want to delay Barrage for a couple of seconds if you can stand still and cast Aimed Shot now, but you will need to move in a few seconds. 

Perfect, makes sense. Thanks!

With the damage Windburst does for its execute time and focus cost after the buff (and even before) it is a loss to delay it. Having to use it as a Vulnerable uptime bandaid means you are not doing your shit properly or had to move for an excessive amount of time, in which case it could be a dps gain in spite of a larger dps loss, but still a loss. We were doing this PS/SW build before we had access to WB and it is entirely possible to not have to rely on WB for it. Besides, using it on cd will almost always be extending your Vuln window well beyond what you even need.

45 minutes ago, Thejazz said:

With the damage Windburst does for its execute time and focus cost after the buff (and even before) it is a loss to delay it. Having to use it as a Vulnerable uptime bandaid means you are not doing your shit properly or had to move for an excessive amount of time, in which case it could be a dps gain in spite of a larger dps loss, but still a loss. We were doing this PS/SW build before we had access to WB and it is entirely possible to not have to rely on WB for it. Besides, using it on cd will almost always be extending your Vuln window well beyond what you even need.

Ran a sim, there seems to be a DPS boost by using Windburst on highest priority after Barrage, but the DPS advantage is so tiny that it's within the error.

Dk919Xv.jpg

I guess WIndburst is worth using whenever you can stand still for a moment.

Edited by Iridar