Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Boom Bot vs Annoy-o-Tron

13 posts in this topic

GWWqUvj.png

The 68th Tavern Brawl is Boom Bot vs Annoy-o-Tron. It first appeared as a Brawl almost exactly a year ago on September 30 2015.

This Brawl features two special heroes, named after the cards Boom Bot and Annoy-o-Tron. Boom Bot's Hero Power is Deal 1 damage to 2 random enemies, while Annoy-o-Tron's is Give your lowest attack minion Divine Shield and Taunt. The decks are random, but some cards are staples in each deck. In general, the Mech Minions are the random cards.

The easy part to overlook in the hero powers is the Taunt available for Annoy-o-Tron. Taunting up something small like a Flying Machine can give your other Minions the freedom to take over the game. Boom Bot does seem to have more damage from hand however, using lots of random effects from cards such as Madder Bomber and Goblin Blastmage. This means that Annoy-o-Tron's Divine Shields rarely stay around for long, so be sure to use them on your terms, not your opponent's.

2 people like this

Last year I played this one roughly 5 or 6 times and every single time I got stuck with Annoy-o-Tron. I've only played this one once this go around and I finally got Boom Bot.  After a year I now feel complete. xD 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, mercury101 said:

Yeah, I played Boom Bot 8 times before I got Annoy-o-Tron once. I was starting to think that it just assigned you one and you were always that one.

I was seeming that way when I played it last year. 

I. Hate. This. Brawl.

I've just never had such a run of bad RNG luck in my entire time playing this game.  I normally win at Tavern Brawl in the first 1-3 games.  I've played 20 game of this brawl and I just get the worst of it every time.  This is the opposite of fun, just in case Blizzard cares.

Edited by mimech

Fun brawl, I enjoy the strategy with Annoy- o - Tron as well as the amusing RNG of Boom Bot. Playing Dr. Boom reminds me of old times.

Spotted a weird bug - if, as Annoy-O-Tron, your lowest Attack minion has 0 Attack, the Hero Power does nothing. Thanks Shrinkmeister....

I love this brawl. It's both fun and skill-reliant! Though the player who gets tempo early often wins the game. The only exception is Twisting Nether after an overextension on board.

Whenever I think I have a clear winner for worst Brawl ever, Blizzard overdo himself. Annoy-o-tron's hero power is so grossly overpowered it isn't even funny the moment your opponent knows how to play around Twisting Nether.

For all of you who wants a quick win: concede until you finally get to play as Annoy-o-tron and resist the urge to commit any more minions to the board than strictly necessary to wall your opponent out. If you are lucky, you'll even watch him blow himself up with his Mad Bombers and Madder Bombers.

On 30.9.2016 at 11:09 AM, Keizoku said:

Whenever I think I have a clear winner for worst Brawl ever, Blizzard overdo himself. Annoy-o-tron's hero power is so grossly overpowered it isn't even funny the moment your opponent knows how to play around Twisting Nether.

For all of you who wants a quick win: concede until you finally get to play as Annoy-o-tron and resist the urge to commit any more minions to the board than strictly necessary to wall your opponent out. If you are lucky, you'll even watch him blow himself up with his Mad Bombers and Madder Bombers.

First time Boom-Bot, easy win. I just don't get why people keep complaining about random brawls - if you ignore that and play like it's another boring constructed game then it's obvious you're going to lose.

On 10/1/2016 at 6:20 PM, moddlock said:

First time Boom-Bot, easy win. I just don't get why people keep complaining about random brawls - if you ignore that and play like it's another boring constructed game then it's obvious you're going to lose.

I think the random ones are more disliked due to the fact that you can, as expected, just get completely outdone by sheer luck. Top Two etc. allow you to invent new and interesting ways to win/counter other winning decks. These ones just kind of are "flip a coin" games.

17 hours ago, Blainie said:

I think the random ones are more disliked due to the fact that you can, as expected, just get completely outdone by sheer luck. Top Two etc. allow you to invent new and interesting ways to win/counter other winning decks. These ones just kind of are "flip a coin" games.

What are you saying? RNG cards promote a fun gameplay experience. Just go ask blizzard.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:02 PM, JooBatanete said:

What are you saying? RNG cards promote a fun gameplay experience. Just go ask blizzard.

Nothing better than rolling 25 dice to see if Yogg wins or loses the game. That's fun, right? :D

1 person likes this