Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Tyrande Whisperwind Hero Portrait for Trying Twitch Prime

14 posts in this topic

OcBIYwx.jpg

In recent patch notes, Tyrande Whisperwind was teased as a new Priest Hero Portrait. It is now possible to get Tyrande by signing up with Twitch Prime.

Existing Amazon Prime members can connect their Twitch.tv account to their Amazon Prime account to get Tyrande straight away. Those who do not have an Amazon Prime account have until November 5 to sign up for a free 30-day trial here. The official guide to connecting the accounts and claiming Tyrande is available here.

gD3pLXc.png

As well as the Hero Portrait, you also get the Tyrande card back.

KInx5DM.png

 

Blizzard LogoBlizzard

Blue post content goes hereHigh Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind has been a fierce protector of her people for millennia. Her wisdom is legend—she has seen kingdoms rise and fall, and she has faced every threat to Azeroth for thousands of years. She is the chosen of the goddess Elune, and under her leadership the Night Elves have survived and prevailed throughout history. Whether defeating demonic incursions, managing difficult relationships, or providing wise council to Azeroth’s greatest leaders, Tyrande always knows the right play. (source)

The full release is available on Blizzard's official blog,

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is really a bad decision. twitch prime is apparently limited to some countries only, and since i am not from there i cannot get this portrait

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daadaadaaren said:

this is really a bad decision. twitch prime is apparently limited to some countries only, and since i am not from there i cannot get this portrait

And that is exactly what blizzard wants :) they want your money but they don't provide support outside of their "selected" countries.

I'm an Iranian, I remember when the Mists of Pandaria expansion was about to release, obviously we all pre purchased the pack and were waiting for the release day. All of a sudden blizzard banned all accounts from Iran just 2 days before expansion (because of the stupid sanctions against Iran) And we didn't even get a refund.

We all paid blizzard money but didn't even have a chance to play the expansion. Cheers Blizz! Keep on with the stupid decisions.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mnime said:

And that is exactly what blizzard wants :) they want your money but they don't provide support outside of their "selected" countries.

I'm an Iranian, I remember when the Mists of Pandaria expansion was about to release, obviously we all pre purchased the pack and were waiting for the release day. All of a sudden blizzard banned all accounts from Iran just 2 days before expansion (because of the stupid sanctions against Iran) And we didn't even get a refund.

We all paid blizzard money but didn't even have a chance to play the expansion. Cheers Blizz! Keep on with the stupid decisions.

I didn't expect this kind of stupidity here, but there's no "excuse" or anything by Blizzard to be made - they're legally forced to ban people from your country and you still complain over this. I can almost guarantee you that the decision for only supporting the 7 "economically most important" countries for this promotion has been made by Amazon as they probably don't want to deal with payment issues or whatsoever - I don't know. Khadgar only being available to iOS users was obviously also Apple's decision in their agreement over the promotion. However, bashing Blizzard is way cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moddlock said:

I didn't expect this kind of stupidity here, but there's no "excuse" or anything by Blizzard to be made - they're legally forced to ban people from your country and you still complain over this. I can almost guarantee you that the decision for only supporting the 7 "economically most important" countries for this promotion has been made by Amazon as they probably don't want to deal with payment issues or whatsoever - I don't know. Khadgar only being available to iOS users was obviously also Apple's decision in their agreement over the promotion. However, bashing Blizzard is way cooler.

If banning us for a whole expansion had such important legal reasons, then why didn't they say so earlier? why did they wait so long and then ban us right before the expansion? Why didn't they prevent us from pre purchasing the expansion? Why didn't they give us a notice on the forums? Why didn't they answer our questions in the forums? 

No we didn't expect a refund, atleast either be polite and answer thousands of ppl asking you in the forums "why we're getting banned" or have the decency to reject our money if it's illegal.

Sure I'm stupid because I pay money to a company that prevents me from using their services. true.

Edited by mnime
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mnime said:

If banning us for a whole expansion had such important legal reasons, then why didn't they say so earlier? why did they wait so long and then ban us right before the expansion? Why didn't they prevent us from pre purchasing the expansion? Why didn't they give us a notice on the forums? Why didn't they answer our questions in the forums? 

No we didn't expect a refund, atleast either be polite and answer thousands of ppl asking you in the forums "why we're getting banned" or have the decency to reject our money if it's illegal.

Sure I'm stupid because I pay money to a company that prevents me from using their services. true.

I didn't know they never refunded the money - sorry for calling you stupid, but I'm pretty tired of reading a lot of incorrect information spread about this and people randomly bashing companies like Blizzard and Apple. In this case i.e. Amazon deserves the criticism and not Blizzard (like everything they post on social media right now is being hated on because of the whole Amazon promotion only being available to 7 countries which is understandable but then it should be directed at Twitch / Amazon).

Edited by moddlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moddlock said:

I didn't know they never refunded the money - sorry for calling you stupid, but I'm pretty tired of reading a lot of incorrect information spread about this and people randomly bashing companies like Blizzard and Apple. In this case i.e. Amazon deserves the criticism and not Blizzard (like everything they post on social media right now is being hated on because of the whole Amazon promotion only being available to 7 countries which is understandable but then it should be directed at Twitch / Amazon).

i highly doubt that blizzard HAD to collaborate with twitch/amazon and CANNOT make this available through some other means for their other players. ie it was still a decision on their part that this promotion went through

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moddlock said:

should be directed at Twitch / Amazon

Why?  Blizzard was involved in making the deal as well.  I'm assuming that Twitch & Amazon didn't steal the new hero and card back from Blizzard and then somehow hack into Hearthstone to implement it.

As for sanctions against Iran: it seems unfair to blame Blizzard for either the timing or the implementation.  That's a bigger political fish.  It does seem rather trite to label sanctions tied to an attempt to control nuclear weapon proliferation as "stupid", especially when they're directed at a regime that stoops to using child provocateurs to combat peaceful protesters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new hero - partly because it's available to me (Khadgar wasn't because I don't Apple), but mostly because I got a new card back.  I love collecting card backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to my view on this article as a priest leveler(my #3 future 60) to blizzard. I hate to say it but as much as I enjoy hearthstone I have to agree. Even though this method is preferred to the f-t-p ers(more or less), its still a bad one IMO. And yeah Amazon does have super restrictive methods of customer/seller limits.

But me IMO, I would have jumped to buy the hero at the usual $10....but the twitch prime(via Amazon) thing makes me wonder if its worth the hassle. Especially since today is the start of my 5 day(40 hour work week, with 2 days off). Its like major hassle in lieu of easy money judgement, and personally if it was up to me, I'd say for blizzard to sell it at that rate. And sure less have Khadgar skins for mage vs. Medivh skins but having Medivh's creates a win-win business situation for blizzard. Not much is to be gained in a company promotion.

Too many middle-men not enough profit. And it makes blizzard look bad, for the choice to begin with.(Granted I know that this isn't blizzard's fault for country limitation).

With that being said Im not certain if the trouble is worth it. But only time will tell. This is just constructive non attacking critique for the promo. Which I will say is kind of cool idea to say the least(The Tyrande hero).

(Update 10/2/16)

On 2nd thought it was not as daunting a task as it seems. Still think paying $10 dollars would have better overall but hey it was free....and will seek to try the new hero out later after 4ish. Since I got a priest usable quest.  (Must win 5 times one). BTW fyi no one has to download the Twitch launcher.

Edited by Armosak
Don't think it was as difficult a task as it initially seemed but still hold onto my same opinion. Plus needed to put out notice that I will be trying new skin later. Without conveying anything off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2016 at 10:18 AM, mimech said:

but mostly because I got a new card back.  I love collecting card backs.

That's the only the only reason I went after the new Hero was for the Card back. Sure she looks good but that card back though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 7:24 AM, KingMe said:

That's the only the only reason I went after the new Hero was for the Card back. Sure she looks good but that card back though. 

Well, HS is a card-game right? So basically card backs are all that matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Value Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Burn Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Zadina
      We have a new Tavern Brawl this week! Its name is Spellbook Duel.
      For this Brawl, you choose your class and then you pick 10 different cards to fill your deck. Instead of drawing cards each turn, you Discover a copy of a card from your deck. If you use card drawing mechanics, like Arcane Intellect, you don't actually draw from your deck. You will, in fact, get a 1-mana spell called Peruse, which again allows you to Discover a copy of a card from your deck.
      Obviously, there are a lot of possible deck combinations you can use to tackle this new Tavern Brawl. The first things that pop into mind are anything that contains Reno Jackson and Kazakus, as well as Jade Druid to extend the possibility of getting these precious Jade Idols. Once again, Mage is the clear winner of this Brawl with cards like Sorcerer's Apprentice, Arcane Intellect and Flamewaker.
      Bear in mind that some cards are not recommended, since they remove cards from your Discover pool. Examples are Fel Reaver and Tracking. Moreover, cards that put another card directly into play, like Mysterious Challenger and Mad Scientist, will also make your Discover pool smaller. Lastly, according to a Reddit user, Renounce Darkness won't deduct 1 mana from the cards you discover throughout the game.
      There are already a lot of disgusting decks for Spellbook Duel out there. We are waiting for your suggestions and any other useful info in the comments!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Grimy Goons Dragon Paladin Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Control Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard deck.