FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Is Blood of Sargeras Vendor the New Economy Crusher?

qbr3K2G.jpg

Will the Blood of Sargeras vendor addition single-handedly ruin the game's economy?

The Blood of Sargeras vendor will be added in Patch 7.1. You will be able to exchange a single Blood of SargerasBlood of Sargeras, for herbs, crystals, dust, ores, order resources and more! Now the question is, why would Blizzard add such a vendor? To once again, ruin the market economy making professions obsolete as they were in Warlords of Draenor thanks to Garrisons.

Markets are currently very volatile, but the prices of Enchants and other goods are alright, since you can make 10K / day easily with just doing Heroic dungeons and selling Defiled Augment RuneDefiled Augment Rune; I'm not even counting 500 Gold World Quests. At the end of the day, you'll have enough gold to buy yourself flasks & food easily.

The Initial Vendor Version

When I first saw this as an avid Enchanter I was bashing my head on the keyboard. I asked myself, why would Blizzard even consider adding a trade vendor so early. I'd expect something similar when we were in the middle on an expansion. Illnea Bloodthorn is the NPC. Initially, the vendor was set to trade a single blood for 20 herbs, fish, enchanting dust and ores.

L1xqPUS.jpg

The Nerfed Version

Luckily, yesterday, the former version was nerfed to 10x mats / blood (down from 20x).

Lu6PpXx.jpg

Mostly Affected Professions

Gathering professions will be among the most affected. Expect huge price drops for goods from Herbalism, Mining & Skinning. Make the most out of them right now as with 7.1 they will no longer be very attractive.

What Will Happen When 7.1 Hits?

Phase 1

Players are sitting at huge amounts of Blood of SargerasBlood of Sargeras right now, so for the first couple of weeks expect huge price drops in materials on the Auction House as people will be buying mats like crazy. This phase can last from anywhere between two weeks up to several months.

Phase 2

Starts right after people deplete their Blood of SargerasBlood of Sargeras. The market will slowly begin to stabilize to somewhere below the current prices.

What Does It Mean For Me?

• All items sold will greatly have their prices reduced in the first weeks.
  • This would be the ultimate time to make research and enter new niche markets.
    • Market areas which weren't profitable before, due to high mats cost.
  • Like 2

I don't entirely agree with you. Like I said in another topic yesterday, most professions are quite difficult to level in Legion. This is one of the many reasons that everything is so freaking expensive in the AH at the moment, especially Alchemy and Jewelcrafting products. Another reason is the insane amounts of gold a lot of people made thanks to the WoD garrison.

As far as the first reason is concerned, I will present an example from a personal experience: I am also an enchanter and last week, I made 40k gold in 3 days by selling the Satyr enchant. However, as you only need enchants once (as opposed to flasks, pots and gems) and a lot of people figured out they can make money out of it, prices dropped by a lot up to the point that it was no longer profitable. Then, I spent that 40k gold for flasks and pots for just 2 raiding days! Isn't it completely absurd?

As far as the second reason is concerned, the fact that a lot of people made gold in WoD is reflected in the current AH prices, as well as the prices Blizzard put for some items like the new Kirin Tor ring etc. However, these prices are completely out of reach for new players. And ok, new players may not be the majority in a 12 y/o game but quite a few people are sitting at less than 100k gold. Even for people like me, "comfortably" sitting at 300k, if I keep spending 20k gold for pots and flasks for a 3-hour raid, I will run out of money in 15 days (if my math is correct, I am horrible at maths).

I understand your concern that the Blood of Sargeras vendor will "ruin" professions again, but personally I welcome it and I think it's a much needed addition to deflate the game's economy.

• Like 2

Well I picked Enchanting and didn't even bother leveling it; I only finished the introductory quests. I'm 334/800 just by selling bindings and claws, no reason to level it, I'm making a steady daily profit, selling maybe 10-15/day. The only drawback is blood farming, as I no longer have any. Enchanting is still very profitable. I buy or have people CoD me Legion 101 greens for ArkhanaArkhana. I even buy them all off the AH, since any item is profitable under 50g/pc. As for Chaos CrystalChaos Crystal, they're on the Auction House for 670-700g/pc at the moment. There was a huge price drop a couple of days ago, went down from 1,200g/pc, that's when I was buying them from my crystal dealer in bulks. So my total mats costs if I want to create a Enchant Cloak - Binding of AgilityEnchant Cloak - Binding of Agility are

• ArkhanaArkhana x 30 (22g/pc) > 660g
  • Chaos CrystalChaos Crystal x8 (700g/pc) > 5,600g (sometimes not even that, since I disenchant all 840 gear for crystals)
  • Blood of SargerasBlood of Sargeras x2 (never bought these, idk what's their price)

A sum total of my investment is 6,260g for a single binding, whereas they sell for 7 - 12k each on my realm. I don't really want to know what the blood vendor will do, I'm not really keen on keeping Enchanting if I make 200g profit / piece, I can keep doing World Quests for that.

Those are some insane flask prices... on my realm it's like 2K/flask.

The game's economy will deflate alone. We just need to give it more time. This "bubble" is created on every expansion launch and wears off with time. We don't need a vendor for that, it's natural. Besides, every profession has an equal opportunity for gold making right now.

By the time the Blood vendor is live prices would have settled a bit more anyway.  The only real economy that it has the potential to "crush" is the farming market, as players will have pretty easy access to most materials they need without having to go out and get them.

It's a shame as I felt this expansion farmers actually felt valued, and having a gathering profession was worthwhile (just to note I haven't gathered any materials this expansion).  Compare this to WoD which was pretty horrific for all gathering professions I was hoping lessons had been learned.

I appreciate players without professions have potentially hundreds of unused Bloods at the moment, but maybe adding a vendor that gave some artifact power or even allow them to be traded in for your weekly seals would be a better way to go than trade materials.

Fingers crossed they half everything again (especially herbs, ore and skins)!

6 hours ago, Stan said:

every profession has an equal opportunity for gold making right now.

Apart from, you know, engineering, like always.

• Like 1

I want them to crush the economy, I make decent money cause I have a good amount already so I dont try much, but Im tired of paying 2k per flask, 700g per augment rune (per pull), 2-8k for vantus runes per week, 1600g per pull (2 pots), and 1k per stack of 375 food.

One week of raiding costs me well over 50k

• Like 1

Blood of Sargeras is not common. People sitting with "huge" amounts of bloods are probably those who recently finished leveling their professions. The moment you start making stuff, your inventory of bloods drop drastically. Specially if you're making high level stuff to obliterate. Right now I'm struggling to find more exactly for that. There's not an abundant or reliable source for them, or I maybe I just don't know how to get them faster (I'm using my skinning profession and world quests).

Also, the economy needs a bit of balance, there's too much inflation in consumables and enhancements.

it wont ruin anything it will just help people with professions so they don't have to pay for over priced materials. If you haven't noticed gold is not something that's easy to come by in this expansion. unless of course you were taking advantage of others by over pricing these materials yourself.

35 minutes ago, Acronus said:

it wont ruin anything it will just help people with professions so they don't have to pay for over priced materials. If you haven't noticed gold is not something that's easy to come by in this expansion. unless of course you were taking advantage of others by over pricing these materials yourself.

But the big prices of the items that people make with these materials will also go down, since materials will become much more readily available. It will be great for leveling professions, it's going to suck for selling what you make while leveling.

frankly i'm fine with it all because the economies right now are a mess. people are exploiting the heck out of the raid launch, potions and flask that might go for 1k a stack best in wod are selling for 6k a piece. its insane. i see it more stabilizing the market then anything. beyond hardcore gold earners though its both good for the individual and for catching up players. the later order hall advancement upgrades take a heck of a lot of farming to earn up the resources, trading in a few blood of sargeras to expedite the process is great. then you can use it to help pay for your weekly seals. plus preparing for raids the individual now can make their own pots or food buffs without having to spend hours farming mats or gold to buy them off the auction house. So, to those big money makers its bad but to the average player i think its great, i was hoping it would come out sooner. 

Is there a way to gather a lot of the bloods without having a gathering proffession? I almost have 2 stacks of 200 of these but it's mainly through farming herbs.

37 minutes ago, Kickemman said:

Is there a way to gather a lot of the bloods without having a gathering proffession? I almost have 2 stacks of 200 of these but it's mainly through farming herbs.

You can get bloods from dungeons runs, world quests and shoulder enchant. I had about 350 of them from dungeons and world quests solely.

Regarding the topic itself, I personally can't see anything bad in this vendor. In addition I'm not sure why people refer to WoD and garrisons here instead of referring to MoP Spirit of Harmony and its vendor that was selling exactly same stuff, or let's go even more to the past and recall resources for Valor (if I remember it right) vendor?

This vendor just give people that hate to farm or prefer crafting professions an opportunity to be self efficient in consumables. If I like only to raid, to PvP or run Mythic+ content, I want be able to buy meat and make food, to buy herbs and ask a guildmate to make some pots and flasks for me or to buy ore, prospect it and craft my own gems.

The current AH prices and current state of professions are very unbalanced so in my opinion the resources vendor will rather bring some balance to this ridiculousness. 

PS: I have my couple of million of gold, I was the second on my server to level JC to 800, I have enchanting and alchemy with all the recipes opened on my alt but I still think that the resources vendor is a good thing :)

• Like 1