FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Novarin

Need some help as Assa Rogue

Hello everyone!

I've respecced to Assassination recently and did around 210k DPS during my normal Raid last week.

My question is, if there is room for improvement, at least in single target fights?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R3hN7FxQkr6KypWG#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=5

^ Ursoc NHC log, can post more or you can search for them. Only one raid for reference, though. I know my Rupture uptime could be a little stronger but I don't see what else I could improve. I think I might have issues with Envenom but I am not sure. Also, gear seems to be an issue, I have low Versatility and crit. My trinkets probably suck, too. Mostly looking for mistakes in my playstyles, though.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/arygos/Astarothe/simple

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Novarin said:

Hello everyone!

I've respecced to Assassination recently and did around 210k DPS during my normal Raid last week.

My question is, if there is room for improvement, at least in single target fights?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/R3hN7FxQkr6KypWG#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=5

^ Ursoc NHC log, can post more or you can search for them. Only one raid for reference, though. I know my Rupture uptime could be a little stronger but I don't see what else I could improve. I think I might have issues with Envenom but I am not sure. Also, gear seems to be an issue, I have low Versatility and crit. My trinkets probably suck, too. Mostly looking for mistakes in my playstyles, though.

My armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/arygos/Astarothe/simple

Thanks in advance!

Try to have an upkeep on rupture and garrote at a minimum of 98%

I play poison build because of the high amount of mastery, I'm currently at 112% mastery and i'm around 230-300k dps on bosses if everything procs right etc. 

Keep it 100% or humanly as possible close to that. Also, you haven't used Vanish even once. That's 50% damage buff right off the bat buffing your Rupture.

Also, I think you should try starting to gravitate towards Mastery, since I think it'll have a higher output later in the expansion due to scaling. =)

@lipsinch Thanks for the advice with Vanish, I totally forgot the Nightstalker talent. The extra damage should always be put into Rupture, right? Also, if I refresh an already existing one, is the extra damage from Nightstalker still applied or is it gone until I use my next empowered skill? (e.g. I start my pull rotation, use Vanish, put the Rupture DoT on the target and refresh that one when it's about to fall off)

Also, do you have any advice to the Garotte DoT since it falls off pretty often when I use Exsanguinate?

Thanks for the help by the way! Really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Novarin said:

@lipsinch Thanks for the advice with Vanish, I totally forgot the Nightstalker talent. The extra damage should always be put into Rupture, right? Also, if I refresh an already existing one, is the extra damage from Nightstalker still applied or is it gone until I use my next empowered skill? (e.g. I start my pull rotation, use Vanish, put the Rupture DoT on the target and refresh that one when it's about to fall off)

Also, do you have any advice to the Garotte DoT since it falls off pretty often when I use Exsanguinate?

Yeah, you should be refreshing within ~7s due to Pandemic effect, but do not refresh if you pop Exsanguinate because it'll be a DPS loss (you'll be changing a 2-times faster Rupture for a normal one, will slow down - albeit the damage will be added). About Garrote, there isn't much to do if it's single target. Nonetheless, you should be running Thuggee, so it can reset on mob's death and you can reapply ASAP.

3 hours ago, Novarin said:

Yes, always with Vanish. Nothing else is worth buffing, really. The one exception I can think of is if the boss will die in a few seconds, you can squeeze a little extra damage out by buffing an Envenom or something.

Garrote falling off due to Exsang is fine, just reapply it as soon as you can

1 hour ago, lipsinch said:

Yeah, you should be refreshing within ~7s due to Pandemic effect, but do not refresh if you pop Exsanguinate because it'll be a DPS loss (you'll be changing a 2-times faster Rupture for a normal one, will slow down - albeit the damage will be added). About Garrote, there isn't much to do if it's single target. Nonetheless, you should be running Thuggee, so it can reset on mob's death and you can reapply ASAP.

40 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Yes, always with Vanish. Nothing else is worth buffing, really. The one exception I can think of is if the boss will die in a few seconds, you can squeeze a little extra damage out by buffing an Envenom or something.

Garrote falling off due to Exsang is fine, just reapply it as soon as you can

Thanks a bunch you guys, I'll try my best in the upcoming raid, will keep you guys updated in case I still have issues with my DPS.

On 10/2/2016 at 9:36 AM, lipsinch said:

Keep it 100% or humanly as possible close to that. Also, you haven't used Vanish even once. That's 50% damage buff right off the bat buffing your Rupture.

Also, I think you should try starting to gravitate towards Mastery, since I think it'll have a higher output later in the expansion due to scaling. =)

If you don't mind me asking, where did you arrive at the latter? 

4 hours ago, chlordiazepoxide said:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you arrive at the latter? 

IMO, the amount of mastery you can reach later is quite higher than Versatility.

On 3.10.2016 at 0:31 PM, lipsinch said:

IMO, the amount of mastery you can reach later is quite higher than Versatility.

You were right about the Mastery thing! Haha.

I finished a raid tonight and got rather terrible logs again. (Trash tier, yay!)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fvHtgCGYzxaKc79n/#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=3

Again, no prepot, no neck enchant, my Rupture uptime was a little off since our tanks struggled a lot.

I tried comparing my logs to another Assa Rogue' who has similar (not the same) item level plus a similar fight length:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bCzY2tRAPLHNBkKd#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=4

Now, I am asking myself, other than the Potion of the Old war and trinkets I had, which one of us had the 'better' playstyle, meaning should I keep playing like I do or should I shift my playstyle towards his? Also, is there a percentage of Mastery I should aim for?

17 hours ago, Novarin said:

You were right about the Mastery thing! Haha.

I finished a raid tonight and got rather terrible logs again. (Trash tier, yay!)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fvHtgCGYzxaKc79n/#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=3

Again, no prepot, no neck enchant, my Rupture uptime was a little off since our tanks struggled a lot.

I tried comparing my logs to another Assa Rogue' who has similar (not the same) item level plus a similar fight length:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bCzY2tRAPLHNBkKd#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=4

Now, I am asking myself, other than the Potion of the Old war and trinkets I had, which one of us had the 'better' playstyle, meaning should I keep playing like I do or should I shift my playstyle towards his? Also, is there a percentage of Mastery I should aim for?

I can't define what amount of mastery you should aim for, because it depends on RNG and you simming your character (sometimes you need more of this, more of that... And taking in consideration the amount of DPS he got with the pot and enchant (~24k), you'd come up ahead on damage (weird is that he's sitting himself @ 100% Mastery and 3% Vers, less than you - he would have a bit more success with Agonizing, I think).

I'd say keep the Agonizing playstyle. Also, whenever possible, get a flask and enchant that neck so we can compare better. :P

--

8 hours ago, chlordiazepoxide said:

are you prescient? trololo

Hah, right. Not really :P