FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SmileOmega

should I really be doing arena right now?

I'm fairly new to the game, and I was looking through some of the newer player guides, and was told that after I complete a few things I've already got done, I'm supposed to go to arena, but pretty much everyone I asked about it specifically told me to NOT do arena yet. so, should I be doing it at my level or not? I was kinda thinking about it myself, since rank 20 ranked and casual alike seem to be obliterating me these past several matches, and I want to do something on HS that doesn't just waste my time.

4 hours ago, SmileOmega said:

I'm fairly new to the game, and I was looking through some of the newer player guides, and was told that after I complete a few things I've already got done, I'm supposed to go to arena, but pretty much everyone I asked about it specifically told me to NOT do arena yet. so, should I be doing it at my level or not? I was kinda thinking about it myself, since rank 20 ranked and casual alike seem to be obliterating me these past several matches, and I want to do something on HS that doesn't just waste my time.

You should get one free arena run when you enter arena for the first time. Draft it, play it and if you end up with 4 or more wins, it's okay to buy another run. If not, play constructed until you feel that you can consistently get 4+ wins.

8 hours ago, SmileOmega said:

Adding to what @positiv2 says, what helped me a lot when i started playing Hearthstone, was having an experienced friend of mine spectating me and talking with me on skype, and explaining the plays each turn, and why we select each play each turn.

I never liked arena, but that way i learnt about things like board control, value trades and card advantage, which are essential mechanics every player should learn.

If you don't have such a friend, there are a lot of good arena players in the forum, who can guide you.

Arena is broken right now. It´s great experience and will get you better at the game, you will be more aware, and learn the cards. I wouldn´t use gold on it unless you can consistently get atleast 4+ wins. If you have the option of mage... PICK MAGE ITS OP xD