Xylaria

What healer class to take, please?

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to start playing on a new server so I can play together with a friend.
I still have my 100 boost, so I do not need to transfer any of my existing characters.

My friend is playing a druid tank, so I was thinking of taking a healing class. 
I have played some healer as paladin as well as shaman and druid, but this was before Legion, and never in raid situations, only in dungeons.

I also do not really plan on raid healing, so my main objective is healing in dungeons.

Could you please suggest which healer is best for healing in dungeons?
Also, if I want to heal in Legion, does that mean I should go straight for that heal spec and artifact? Does that make it too difficult to quest and level up? 
Or should I just take another spec, and save the big Artifact Power items for my heal artifact when I reach 110?

Thank you!

Xylaria

So my thought is to play a Druid with what you said.  That way you can swap items with your friend in a dungeon.

@ 102 you can get another Artifact / Spec (Then you can dump points into it).  If you do Balance you are collecting Int Trinkets and such.  Most of the other equipment swaps from Agility to Int when you change specs.  I have no problem healing a dungeon with a druid.  

You can do whatever you want too.  I would suggest focusing on one weapon for the time being.  I think after the 6th unlock it starts to slow down and get expensive.  So you can go into it somewhat then focus on your healing weapon.  Up to you. 

Running a normal dungeon gives you like 35 points a Heroic starts at like 400 points.  Spend your Artifact Power however you see fit.  To help you level or to do whatever you need.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, forsettii said:

So my thought is to play a Druid with what you said.  That way you can swap items with your friend in a dungeon.

That's also a downside though: if you're both druid you could both want the same items.

1 person likes this

Is loot not personal? So if he gets it, he takes it. If I get it, I take it? And then if I already have it, I can trade it to him?

Yes you can trade.  One Guild only runs 5 mans with like Armor Wearers. Plate / Leather works the best.

Sooner or later you will have gear and 5 iLevels doesn't make much of a difference.  

At some point in a 5 man your gear is going to be maxed out.  

I sugges to watch the following video; which will give you perfect insight in the playstyle and numbers related to all healer classes.

1 person likes this

personally I've found holy priest and resto druid very enjoyable this expansion, the play style is very different between those two though so it'd largely be personal preference.

as noted already you can save the items that boost artifact power to use on your healing spec, but if you do that you may find yourself better off at some point to just kill things in healing spec with the high ilvl artifact rather than trying to dps them off spec

I am currently level 102 with my druid.

He is only 102 as I save him for playing with a friend. I have been using Balance with Resto affinity as it was enough healing for now, and more DPS for our combination. 

I am having a blast, and will switch to resto when we start doing dungeons.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your druid Xylaria! :)

Oh. I was about to suggest Disc Priest. It's the most fun I've had on a healing class EVER. Not sure about viability, though.

i love my shaman for the healing :)

I've been meaning to ask the same question.  I've dabbled in heals over the various xpacs and have only healed with Resto Druid and Holy Pally.  I want to continue healing with questing and dungeons but not raids and the group would vary widely with alts so need something good enough to handle a mixed group.  I have to admit that the artifact weapon progression is intimidating for casual dual-specers 

For questing and dungeons (up to very high Mythics+) both Resto Druid and Holy Pala are a very decent choice. Speaking in general, druid is more of HoTs and CD healer, while a paladin has extremely powerful single target healing toolkit. You can definitely pick one of those depending on your preferred playstile.

1 person likes this

On 10/18/2016 at 9:06 AM, Weltenfeind said:

Oh. I was about to suggest Disc Priest. It's the most fun I've had on a healing class EVER. Not sure about viability, though.

Disc is definitely viable, yeah. There are some incredibly well-performing Discs currently, you just need to embrace the playstyle.

On 10/19/2016 at 1:39 AM, Horderly said:

I've been meaning to ask the same question.  I've dabbled in heals over the various xpacs and have only healed with Resto Druid and Holy Pally.  I want to continue healing with questing and dungeons but not raids and the group would vary widely with alts so need something good enough to handle a mixed group.  I have to admit that the artifact weapon progression is intimidating for casual dual-specers 

It's also worth noting that Holy Paladin can quest surprisingly efficiently while levelling and at 110. 

On 10/23/2016 at 1:39 AM, Blainie said:

It's also worth noting that Holy Paladin can quest surprisingly efficiently while levelling and at 110. 

How do you feel about leveling and solo with Resto Druid?  My Druid is only 102 and mostly does Balance.

58 minutes ago, Horderly said:

How do you feel about leveling and solo with Resto Druid?  My Druid is only 102 and mostly does Balance.

I felt pain :) 

Guardian is our to-go for leveling and solo content in my opinion. Pull all the area, trash them in 10 sec - quest done.

On 10/28/2016 at 4:46 AM, Horderly said:

I'd have to agree with Panda. If you're going to level with an OS, do it as tank. It's so much simpler and so much more forgiving. 

On 10/27/2016 at 10:46 PM, Horderly said:

Personally, I like healing on my Drop. The thing you must remember however, is that they depend mostly on HoTs. Dungies with areas of heavy damage to the tank, or areas where clustering is not viable(Serpentix comes to mind), you can be taxed. I have healed on my Shammy, but have much more fun as Enhancement. Not to say that they are bad per se. Just different mechanics. Bear in mind that ultimately, play what you have most fun with.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:00 AM, Kayng said:

Personally, I like healing on my Drop. The thing you must remember however, is that they depend mostly on HoTs. Dungies with areas of heavy damage to the tank, or areas where clustering is not viable(Serpentix comes to mind), you can be taxed. I have healed on my Shammy, but have much more fun as Enhancement. Not to say that they are bad per se. Just different mechanics. Bear in mind that ultimately, play what you have most fun with.

Definitely can become a bit stressful having to throw up HoTs when everyone is super spread!

I absolutely love my holy priest.  As far as questing with her, It's not an issue at all.  I do okay DPS now and I take basically no damage.  When I do, I just heal up.  ezpz.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bez
      Who we are
      <Hollow> is a semi-hardcore guild created by a group of friends, experienced players, that raided HC together in WOTLK. We reunited and transfered to the same realm to create a guild, or more accurately, a home. We keep a very friendly environment in and out of raids, oftenly joining discord to chat even if we aren't doing anything. Guild activities include but are not limited to mythic dungeons, mythic + and raiding.
      Our goals
      Our current progress is 7/7HC and 3/3N. Our goal is to form a better composed raid team and down ToV HC. During which we want to get everyone experienced and geared for mythics and next content. Mythic raiding is also in our plans once we get the right group for it.
      What we are looking for
      We are currently planning to expand and size up our raid team to progress ToV HC and in the not too distant future, Mythic raiding. We are strongly prioritizing priests of any spec, and healers are highly considered in general.
      RDPS: Most wanted all (Spriest); MDPS: Also welcome; HEAL: Need one or two (dont have monk, Dpriest); TANK: Main tank spots filled, still we could use one extra with DPS spec. Less geared people are also welcomed. 
      We also welcome social players as it can help our guild expand even further in other aspects of the game.
      Our raiding schedule
      Our current raiding schedule is 3 raids a week for 3 hours:
      Wednesday 8pm to 11pm server time - ToV Heroic Sunday 8pm to 11pm server time - EN Heroic Tuesday 8pm server time - ToV Normal & EN Normal The guild is using DKP system
      NOTE: We have added a catch up system for new recruits. When you get past the trial phase and join the ranks as an official member of our guild, you also earn 200 dkp as bonus. If thats not enough we will consider more options. We wont leave anyone behind no matter how new while at the same time, drawing a line for our core, active raiders.
      Thank you for taking your time reading through this post. If you have any further questions or if you are interested in joining us, feel free to contact us in game on Solidz, Hotbez or add us on BNET at Solidus#2642, bez#21193.
    • By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Melee DPS
      1 Ranged DPS
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194

• By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By Chumani
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=246684

Skywall and Drak'thul! Hai raiders! Chu here! Hope you all are having fun this expansion, I know I am! Corrupted Destiny is currently recruiting for its raid team! We are 7/7 N/H EN and 3/3 N ToV
      Currently we are recruiting and looking for YOU! Come join us, Raiders and Members! Someone always online in guild super fun mature atmosphere! What are you waiting for!
      Don't bother if you think in 'solo' terms. We are a team.... we depend on each other, it's 'we' not 'I". You must play well with others and not run with scissors.
      Tanks are welcome to join us but we have no room on raid team or upcoming alt raid team.
      Regardless if you are ranged or not its always best to inquire, you just never know. We currently average a count of 20 and up on our raid team.
      Raid times:
      Sunday 6:30pm-9pm (pst **west coast server**)
      Tuesday 6:30pm-9pm
      Thursday 6:30pm-9pm
      **Raid times are subject to change.....Additional 'alt' raid will begin soon on different night yet to be determined**
      Alts are welcome
      All adult guild.... **was going to say 'mature' but.... lets just say adult for now** :)
      Must occasionally sacrifice a goat or something to the horde gods.
      Must be willing to flaunt a rare mount if you obtain one in front of whoever desires said mount.Every time you see them.
      Recruiting ANYONE who is looking for a guild to join... we actually have quite a few people online every single day who don't even raid! Then add the raiders and voila! Lots of people online!
      Corrupted Destiny guild is one of the oldest guilds on Skywall realm. Drak'thul is connected now with us. We have watched guilds come and go, but not us!
      Come and be a part of something wonderful! Pack a suitcase, those who visit always stay..... seriously.... can't get rid of them!
      Come and join us.... Corrupted Destiny has been my home since Burning Crusade.... make it yours too!
      COME..... GET..... CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939, Deni#1743, jcoughlin#1132
      ........As the smoke clears and everyone leaves to wait for something different..... Corrupted Destiny can still be seen..... having never left at all..........
      COME GET CORRUPTED!
    • By Waelish
      About Us: <Over Raided> is a semi-hardcore raiding guild on US-Stormrage that was officially created in Mists of Pandaria. Our goal has always been to find the fine line between hardcore raiding and still having fun and enjoying each other’s company. We take our raids seriously and do not waste time, but that doesn’t stop us from joking around with one another during raid. We have a very friendly (note: we are not exactly family-friendly) atmosphere that has kept people around. One thing we are proud of as a guild is that we have a very low turnover rate and many loyal members who have stuck with us from the beginning. We are currently looking for people with similar goals who can attend raids consistently and who can meet the expectations required of mythic raiders.
      Expectations:
      Meet the attendance requirement Know your class - this means being able to play more than one spec at a mythic level Be able to communicate reliably and consistently when needed Have a stable internet connection Be willing to check forums once every few days Be prepared with raiding supplies - the guild bank supplies these but isn't meant to be relied upon Actually WANT to raid. If you're not having fun, don't bring other people down and just take a break Progression: 4/7M Emerald Nightmare, 2/3H Trial of Valor
      Raid Schedule – Eastern Time (EST)
      Tuesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Wednesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Thursday 7:30-10:30PM
      Attendance Policy: Raiders must maintain 90% attendance at all times. Consistency in the raid roster is one of most important things in a mythic raiding guild. If you cannot commit to this attendance requirement, we are not the guild for you.
      How to apply: Go to our website at http://over-raided.enjin.com and review our guild policies on the top menu. After that, simply submit a private application form, which can also be found at the top menu. 
      Loot System: We use the EPGP Lootmaster addon to distribute loot. 
      Voice: Mumble
      Currently recruiting: We will consider any qualified application, but are currently in immediate need of Healers and Ranged DPS   If your class isn't listed here but you're still interested, feel free to apply, or contact one of us.    Contact Information: GM: Adorele (Squee#1987) Raid Leader: Rukoshi (Rukoshi#1218) Recruitment Officer: Waelish (InkedLex#1671) Officer:  Unsafe (Jish#1863)