FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vaeevictiss

New warlock "home base"?

Indeed. It's a shadow of its former self. Personally the only other forums I read at the moment are the MMO-Champ ones and then just mostly ignore the sky is falling threads. Then I'll often lurk on the lock Discord.  

Thinking how to explain it. Basically it's the same as something like Teamspeak but with text only channels as well. 

My guild now uses it for our raids because well it is free and so far seems pretty reliable. 

Try this link https://discordapp.com/invite/y5DUpZq and then hopefully you can see the 8 different lock channels and then click on each and you can read all the convos rather than just have to sit in one of them.

Not sure this makes sense but give it a whirl. 

Oh and there's a bunch of other channels for things like Weak Auras, Ask Mr Robot, Warcraftlogs, Icy Veins etc.

Edited by spikeysquad
Spelling

The lock community has been severely hurt; it dropped off a cliff basically. I've always loved IV; but yeah it's not a good place for discussion anymore unfortunately; at least not right now. Not because the info is bad; but because there just isn't a lot of it. I know IV works to keep it as updated as possible; but the fact is many excellent locks either aren't playing them or aren't active in discussions, not like they were before. MMO champ is very busy; but most of the threads/posts are garbage, bad theorycrafting, anecdotal at best. And everyone seems to think they are these grand theory crafters these days. MMO champ I'd say is one of the worst offenders for spreading bad information. However, they do have some talented people doing stuff over there; you just have to know how to filter out the bad. My hope is that IV will be rejuvenated with a future buff or mechanic fix to locks. Especially because it used to be so good at calling out BS views on locks. But who knows; Blizz's AP system makes rerolling or maintaining alts a chore now.