FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

Unstable Arcanocrystal

4 minutes ago, gonlaz said:

Unstable Arcanocrystal - This dropped from Withered Jim and I got it, exciting to see, lost 1173 Agility by replacing one of my current trinkets, the Silent Seashell at ilvl 845

Only thing I keep going on about in my head is all the agility, however 800 of every other stat is awesome too 

So what is your question? Whether or not you should use it?

That depend entirely on your spec, what other stats the Seashell has, and what your weights are for your spec.

well, in my post I listed the seashell at 1173 agility, and 915 haste - I run outlaw and assassination. I'm not very bright when it comes to math, but I'm thinking the 800 of all secondaries is super, but losing the 1173 agility worries me a little. 

As Outlaw my weights currently are, according to simcraft: Agi - 1, Crit - .59, Haste - .81, Versa - .67, Mastery - .53

Maybe if you could put my terrible math mind at ease with clarification. Part of me thinks that for instance 800 Crit at roughly 50% value of agi then the others at their respective value isn't all that great and I am losing over 1100 of my primary stat. Then again, I have 4 secondaries at 800 so they compound?

See, I am really bad with numbers

48 minutes ago, gonlaz said:

well, in my post I listed the seashell at 1173 agility, and 915 haste - I run outlaw and assassination. I'm not very bright when it comes to math, but I'm thinking the 800 of all secondaries is super, but losing the 1173 agility worries me a little. 

As Outlaw my weights currently are, according to simcraft: Agi - 1, Crit - .59, Haste - .81, Versa - .67, Mastery - .53

Maybe if you could put my terrible math mind at ease with clarification. Part of me thinks that for instance 800 Crit at roughly 50% value of agi then the others at their respective value isn't all that great and I am losing over 1100 of my primary stat. Then again, I have 4 secondaries at 800 so they compound?

See, I am really bad with numbers

What you linked just says "<random enchantment> 849 Agility", so I didn't see anything else.

I'm not terribly bright at math either, but I use a calculator so it helps. 

We'll use Crit as an example, because it's sort of in the middle.

• 807 (the amount of Crit on the trinket) * 0.59 = 476.13

If you do that for all of the other stats you'll get its value, and you can compare it to the 1173 Agi / 915 Haste that the other has.

• 1173 * 1 = 1173
  • 915 * 0.81 = 741.15
  • 1173 + 741.15 = 1914.15
  • The value of your Seashell is 1914.15.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Carrn said:

What you linked just says "<random enchantment> 849 Agility", so I didn't see anything else.

I'm not terribly bright at math either, but I use a calculator so it helps. 

We'll use Crit as an example, because it's sort of in the middle.

• 807 (the amount of Crit on the trinket) * 0.59 = 476.13

If you do that for all of the other stats you'll get its value, and you can compare it to the 1173 Agi / 915 Haste that the other has.

• 1173 * 1 = 1173
  • 915 * 0.81 = 741.15
  • 1173 + 741.15 = 1914.15
  • The value of your Seashell is 1914.15.

You are the man Carrn, that is a great help for me going forward, awesome. So as it turns out the arcanocrystal total value comes to 2084 vs. the shell at 1914 so it is an upgrade.

thank you again!