FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sniz

Worst Undercuts

I love undercuts, especially knucklehead ones that make no sense.  Why? Because I can laugh at how furious I get at a game.

Go to a drive thru and get gypped a 4 piece chick mcnug? sure ill huff and puff. Go to a ballgame and have to pay $9 for a beer...comon, its bud light for god sake.

Thats real money.

But undercut like a dope on the AH (for virtual currency) and I go Apocalyptic. (Or if im at work, just grit my teeth and curse under my breath for an hour).

I'd like to see if anyone is interested in sharing any recent examples of market ruining, rage inducing undercutting.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sniz

28 minutes ago, Sawzorthn said:

As a repeat undercutter, I'm sorry bro.

Oh, I undercut all the time.  no biggie. Thats the AH. Im talking about excessive undercutting.

So this happened on my server caused not by one individual but multiple individuals who apparently have blinders on.

Deadly Deep Ambers were going for 300g a pop, pretty steadily a week before last on my server.  Very nice way to recoup the price of ore.

Anyway, somebody comes in and posts one single stack of 50! of them for 49g each.  I thought to myself "who is going to buy 50 cut gems? So I simply post to undercut the next lowest price single.  Still around 300 and they were selling.  But the next guy undercuts the 50 stack with singles, then the next guy, then the next guy.

The 50 stack never sold, it just expired, and is gone but the market for this gem is now Just reset to basically cost.  Ots been like that since.  

• Like 1

Some players do it intentionally to crash the market so the material prices drop - bit rubbish but sometimes kills competition too :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peelyon said:

Some players do it intentionally to crash the market so the material prices drop - bit rubbish but sometimes kills competition too :P

Not a frequent poster, so i dont think he was going for "deadly deep amber market domination" lol but maybe.

At first i thought he was doing the ol'bait and buy, where you post a stack of something that doesnt sell in stacks at an extremely low price, in order to buy undercuts from people who either have an undercut addon without min price settings or people that dont know any better. But he never bought.

Sometimes people also do it because they have an amount of gold in their mind that they want. So they want, for example, 500 gold ASAP. They post on the Auction House and think that they if they post is as cheaply as possible, it will sell faster.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:58 PM, Blainie said:

Sometimes people also do it because they have an amount of gold in their mind that they want. So they want, for example, 500 gold ASAP. They post on the Auction House and think that they if they post is as cheaply as possible, it will sell faster.

Most likely.  But with med volume markets, like gems, they will just sit until the next guy undercuts by 25%.  Then the original guy undercuts again.

Its annoying to watch cut gems fall below the cost if raws.  Something is inherenty wrong with that.

On 10/26/2016 at 2:48 PM, Sniz said:

Its annoying to watch cut gems fall below the cost if raws.  Something is inherenty wrong with that.

Definitely. It makes you sit there, flop your arms and just kind of go "Well, what can you do?"

56 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Definitely. It makes you sit there, flop your arms and just kind of go "Well, what can you do?"

Haha yeah.

Really though, if it gets low i start hoping it gets reeeaally low. So i can buy them up turn them to obliterum ash.

15 hours ago, Sniz said:

Really though, if it gets low i start hoping it gets reeeaally low. So i can buy them up turn them to obliterum ash.

Not a bad shout, actually. Will have to keep an eye on those plummeting prices :D

Unless it's something that sells instant like ore's, herb's etc i usully undercut by a margin, just to get it sold. Either the ones that have the patient to deal with AH buy it, or a lucky dude that get it for a lower price. Im not greedy what so ever, i see everything i loot and sell as a profit. Even tho it yields me less gold than if i had patients.

I have buyout set for all undercuts, so if an item is up for 10-15% lower than ~avg market price. I buy all stacks and resell @market price. I don't need to sell all my stuff overnight and in the end it's free gold for me :D.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:48 AM, Sniz said:

Most likely.  But with med volume markets, like gems, they will just sit until the next guy undercuts by 25%.  Then the original guy undercuts again.

Raw gems have other uses to JC and for that matter, most other crafting professions in this xpac. And the recipes to cut them are very easy to get. It's not like Pandaria where they were locked behind a rep grind.

Uncommon Patron

First off, I undercut every chance I get. The outrageous greed I see going on, especially in the last several years, is in my opinion, the worst addiction in WoW. What I find amusing is this is just a stupid game w/ virtual currency! "If I can't make it, farm it, or obtain it in dungeons or quests, I probably won't waste virtual currency on feeding someone's greed. Talk about an addiction! I suspect many of these greedy types have real problems and issues. I almost exclusively play lvl 19 & 29 RBG's for a number of reasons, which I won't go in to. Finally, I have to laugh at blizziod's stupidity in allowing this to happen... and they wonder why many players, over the years, have quit WoW. They just can't afford the time and overwhelming real costs associated w/ buying game gold to keep up. I also suspect blizziod is receiving revenue kick-backs from Chinese virtual currency providers, leveling services, and item providers, for most of their other games.

I did not spend much time reading through most of this commentary, but I'm sure there are some worthwhile things said.   

Locking this thread because this is either some pretty poor trolling or just a completely unrelated comment. It's also over a year old.