Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HappyBandit

Questions of 3 specs' rotation

3 posts in this topic

( excuse me for bad English speaking, not a native speaker)

Hello fellow rogues! I had played rogue in 5.4~6.1 and stopped playing wow for months. Now I come back for Legion and have been leveling my rogue for around a week. After learning from Icy Veins' rogue guide I think I am okay for all 3 specs' basic, but I have some questions about rotation which I can't find answer in guides and recent legion rogue posts.

I have questions in all 3 specs but I think that I will just make a post, 3 threads are too messy for the forum.

-----------------------------

Assassination

Q1. agonizing poison

In version 5.4~6.1 I know that it's important to pool high energy for 5cp envenom, so I can cast buffed mutilate as many as possible, utilizing the proc mechanism of poison. I assume that this is still important in legion when using deadly poison. My question is, when talanting agonizing poison how do I benefit from the same trick? Agonizing poison stacks and doesn't have a re-proc instant effect. Or I want to do this for maximum up-time and stacks for agonizing poison?

Outlaw

Q2. Cooldowns' efficiency

When rush or curse of the dreadblade is up, I know that some buffs have higher value than other in RtB, but making practical use of re-rolling for cooldown seems impractical. When curse-bursting I feel dry if I don't have rush or that energy recovery buff, and it feels suck being not able to pump out dat extra run throughs.

Sometimes I really feel that it's okay to hold my cooldowns and fishing for a while, but obviously this idea may have problems. If I am not in 2-buff-situation or certain buff when AR or CotD is off cooldown, do I just roll once, stick to whatever I have and start bursting?

Or, in normal rotation between bursting window I need to tactically re-roll and prepare the best situation for the next round of cooldowns' usage? RNGesus, it feels most difficult to excel outlaw compared to other 2.

Subtlety

3. Shadow Blades

How can I get the most out from this 15-second buff? As long as I am in melee range, the auto attack shadow damage seems like a constant part regardless of rotations. For the extra cp in cp generating skills, my instinct is to squeeze 2 dances into SB and repeatedly cast SS-SS-finisher combo. The finishers of subtlety hit really hard so I want to cast as many as I can, but since SB makes all cp generating skills equally get 1 extra cp, if I spam SS rather than backstab, I will span less GCDs in cp builders. I can cast 3 cp SS and get more finishers, or cast 2 cp BS for more cp generated from SB window. Both seems good in my eyes, but which one is the right idea?

4. Shadow Dance's 3 charges

The obvious idea is to save charges for important add/certain damage check/raid buffs/etc. My question is, how do I make the best use of this mechanism in single target fight without important raid mechanicams (training dummy for example)?. I just don't let it capped and that's it. Is it as easy as it looks or do I missed something? Maybe it should be spent in certain way for maximum master of subtlety buff? Or for good shadow blade synergy?

-------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, any feedback and thoughts would be appreciated:).

1 hour ago, HappyBandit said:

In version 5.4~6.1 I know that it's important to pool high energy for 5cp envenom, so I can cast buffed mutilate as many as possible, utilizing the proc mechanism of poison. I assume that this is still important in legion when using deadly poison. My question is, when talanting agonizing poison how do I benefit from the same trick? Agonizing poison stacks and doesn't have a re-proc instant effect. Or I want to do this for maximum up-time and stacks for agonizing poison?

You do this more for Elaborate Planning, but yes it's still important to do. Agonizing Poison should stack up pretty quickly and stay on passively.

And just to be clear, it's 5-6CP, use the stronger one when you can.

When rush or curse of the dreadblade is up, I know that some buffs have higher value than other in RtB, but making practical use of re-rolling for cooldown seems impractical. When curse-bursting I feel dry if I don't have rush or that energy recovery buff, and it feels suck being not able to pump out dat extra run throughs.

Sometimes I really feel that it's okay to hold my cooldowns and fishing for a while, but obviously this idea may have problems. If I am not in 2-buff-situation or certain buff when AR or CotD is off cooldown, do I just roll once, stick to whatever I have and start bursting?

Or, in normal rotation between bursting window I need to tactically re-roll and prepare the best situation for the next round of cooldowns' usage? RNGesus, it feels most difficult to excel outlaw compared to other 2.

There is a post on the forums here about RtB use, you should give that a read

How can I get the most out from this 15-second buff? As long as I am in melee range, the auto attack shadow damage seems like a constant part regardless of rotations. For the extra cp in cp generating skills, my instinct is to squeeze 2 dances into SB and repeatedly cast SS-SS-finisher combo. The finishers of subtlety hit really hard so I want to cast as many as I can, but since SB makes all cp generating skills equally get 1 extra cp, if I spam SS rather than backstab, I will span less GCDs in cp builders. I can cast 3 cp SS and get more finishers, or cast 2 cp BS for more cp generated from SB window. Both seems good in my eyes, but which one is the right idea?

With Premeditation talent, SS generates 2CP. With SB on it generates 3. Using DS like you're supposed to results in SS > SS > Finisher for a full 6CP.

The obvious idea is to save charges for important add/certain damage check/raid buffs/etc. My question is, how do I make the best use of this mechanism in single target fight without important raid mechanicams (training dummy for example)?. I just don't let it capped and that's it. Is it as easy as it looks or do I missed something? Maybe it should be spent in certain way for maximum master of subtlety buff? Or for good shadow blade synergy?

It's strong for burst during SB yes, and otherwise yes you can make sure it doesn't cap

At the same time, yes you can use it on priority adds... Using your skills to properly benefit the raid group / do the fight mechanics is important.