Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

wow Auction House Improvements & Alternatives

5 posts in this topic

The in-game Auction House code is outdated and it's problematic to find what you're looking for, which is why I've written down some alternatives.

The in-game Auction House is in an archaic state and the code is really outdated. In Patch 7.1, there's a new string (NEW AUCTION_BROWSE_UNIT_PRICE_SORT) indicating the possibility to finally sort items by their buyout price. Apart from that there are no improvements, not even a sort by stack size option, or the elimination of the horrid scrolling through hundreds of pages on the Auction House on populated realms, which is why players should be definitely looking for alternatives.

1. Mobile Auction House

Limited to 200 auctions a day, this is the most important alternative to the in-game Auction House and its packed with powerful features. You can easily buy cheap per unit items at random stacks. The issue is your average player will never see thisbecause it's buried deep within the horrid in-game Auction House.

If you still aren't using the Mobile AH app, I can only highly recommend downloading it. It's great to keep your auctions up-to-date on the go, or snatching some cheap items for further use (disenchanting, etc.)

2. Remote Auction House

Have you ever been using the armory Auction House? The website is snappy and far better than the in-game AH. You can simply access it by visiting your armory profile and on the top left, you'll see the Auctions option in the menu.

The Remote Auction House offers the same functionality as its mobile version. You can Buy/Sell your goods, look at your auctions and bids or claim your money. I prefer using it more, since the app is not being updated so frequently, freezes sometimes, thus draining your battery, whereas this isn't an issue with Remote. Similar limitations apply, you can only operate with 200 transactions a day.

3. TSM & Auctioneer

The last alternative comes down to using in-game addons to fix what the default Auction House is missing. I recommend having a look at the following:

• TradeSkillMaster (highly customizable, plenty of functions and even a desktop app for both Windows & Mac OS X, so you don't have to rescan the Auction House over and over).
  • Auctioneer Addon provides the tools and data to make difficult auctioning decisions easier.

Did You Know?

The Auction House is no longer faction-bound, but neutral, meaning you've been supplying your enemies with mats for some expansions.

1 person likes this

I've always found TSM and Auctioneer to be way too complicated for what I need to do. If all you're looking to do is fix the atrocious auction house interface, the AuctionLite add-on has served me well for many expansions. Gives me a far smoother UI without needing 50 pages of user manual to understand.

31 minutes ago, KirynSilverwing said:

I've always found TSM and Auctioneer to be way too complicated for what I need to do. If all you're looking to do is fix the atrocious auction house interface, the AuctionLite add-on has served me well for many expansions. Gives me a far smoother UI without needing 50 pages of user manual to understand.

I thought the same when I first downloaded the addon, but boy, how awesome it is profit-wise. So many functions like the Disenchant search, which searches for cheap Armor below DE price or the Sniper function. I can easily make 100K/day just by standing near the Auction House and moving back and forth between mailbox.

Auctionator is another good option. It's been around forever and is always updated with the most recent patch. In fact, I had to wait for Auctioneer to be updated for 7.0 and I went with Auctionator while I was waiting for that to happen. I love it and have stuck with it ever since. It's a lot lighter and less feature rich than Auctioneer but its simplicity means that it simply works. It also has some cool features like alt click to post and viewing an item alongside its crafting mats for price calculations.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

It's a lot lighter and less feature rich than Auctioneer but its simplicity means that it simply works.

This seems to be something that people are liking more and more. Previously, we had people with so much stuff on their screen they could barely see their character. Now we're all looking to get a nice, clean UI with simple add-ons :p

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Diablo's 20th Anniversary is coming to World of Warcraft and a lot of Diablo-inspired items have been added. The event is supposed to be held somewhere in December.
      The achievement we'll be able to obtain is a Feat of Strength. Given that Diablo I was released on December 31, we can expect the event soon. Items associated with it are also Diablo items.
      I assume Stone of Jordan may be the currency for this event, used to purchase the bag and guitar.
      Hearthstone Variations
      Tome of Town Portal Blank Diabolic Tome Scroll of Town Portal Bags
      Horadric Satchel Diablo II Charms
      Two items that do not require to be equipped but grant stats have been added.
      Serpent's Grand Charm // Serpent's Grand Charm Stalwart's Grand Charm // Stalwart's Grand Charm Misc
      Twelve-String Guitar I've added a video below and there's Diablo music added to WoW. Probably it will play when you strum the strings.  
    • By Stan
      You may have heard the term sniper when it comes down to gold making. Let's look at this powerful TSM feature in more detail.
      Sniper is TradeSkillMaster's powerful function which allows real-time AH scanning. While performing the scan, it constantly fetches the last page of the Auction House for auctions that have been posted way below what they should sell for. Items that have been posted cheap by accident also show up on your scan list for a quick buyout. All you need is a proper setup.
      How Much Gold Can I Make on Average?
      It's hard to tell as you would need to have Auction House opened all the time and the more you scan the more gold you can earn. What I'd suggest is to have a separate WoW account just for Sniping. This way, you can constantly scan and also enjoy the game on your main account at the same time.
      Here are some of my latest snipes listed by their average resale profit. See Obliterum in that list? That was an accident.

Where Do I Get TSM?
      Download it via the official website of TradeSkillMaster. It's good to install complement addons, such as TSM Destroy, Vendoring or the entire suite. The TSM desktop app available for both Windows/Mac is also a must, so you don't have to constantly rescan the Auction House. Setup
      Run the TSM app before launching the game. Addons obviously need to be placed in the */Addons folder as usual and enabled in-game. The Formula
      First we need to define Custom Prices and minprice. Type /TSM and on the firs tab, navigate to Custom Price Sources and insert the following code, hit okay.
      max(min(DBHistorical, DBGlobalMarketAvg, DBGlobalHistorical, DBRegionMarketAvg, DBRegionHistorical), VendorSell)
      Now we need to define our sniper formula. It is used to filter out all the items to tell us which is the best to buy and resell. You can configure it under Options/Core Features and from the "Module Options" dropdown, go to Shopping > Sniper Options. We'll be inserting our custom formula in the field just under the "Test Selected Sound" button.
      I have been using the fomula of BilisOnyxia for some time now and this is the code you need to insert there.
      check(minprice - 100000g, 90% minprice, check(minprice - 50000g, 80% minprice, check(minprice - 10000g, 60% minprice, check(minprice - 5000g, 50% minprice, check(minprice - 1000g, 30% minprice, check(minprice - 500g, 20% minprice, check(minprice - 50g, 10% minprice))))))) What Does It Mean?
      The check() function works like an if/else conditional statement. The function can take 2-3 parameters. Each parameter is seperated by a comma. What the check() function does is, it checks if the first parameter is greater than zero. If it is, it will use the second parameter. If it is not greater than zero (equal to or smaller than zero) it will use the third parameter (If there is no third parameter the whole function will result in an invalid price).
      So, check(DBMarket - 100g, 50% DBMarket, 30% DBMarket) would first check whether the result of "DBMarket - 100g" is greater than zero. If it is, it will use 50% DBMarket, if it is not it will use 30% DBMarket. What this means is, if an item has a DBMarket value of more than 100g, 50% DBMarket will be used, if it has a DBMarket value of 100g or less, 30% DBMarket will be used.
      Knowing how the check() function works, you might already see where the formula is going.
      Here is a little easier to read breakdown of the formula:
      If an item's value is greater than 100k gold, use 90%. If an item's value is greater than 50k gold, use 80%. If an item's value is greater than 10k gold, use 60%. If an item's value is greater than 5k gold, use 50%. If an item's value is greater than 1k gold, use 30%. If an item's value is greater than 500g gold, use 20%. If an item's value is greater than 50g, use 10%. If an item's value is 50g or less, exclude it no matter how cheap it gets listed. We're all set now, navigate to the last tab of the Auction House UI > Custom Filter / Other Sources and click "Start Sniper". This will start the scan, you can set up the sound you want to hear when an item appears in the list for quick buyout.

Sniper Results Awareness
      Sniping is supposed to be semi-automated. It still requires common sense as some results may be false positives, like duped Saber's gems, which are often underpriced.
    • By Stan
      The boss has been found and killed! See how to do it yourself as well as a mount pic and boss fight video.
      Update 2: ZosynPriest has discovered Nightbane is a timed event, similar to Zul'Aman. Once you enter the instance, you'll have a fixed timer, indicated by the "The strange chill of a dark presence winds through the air" emote and from that moment you have exactly eight minutes to finish the Opera event and click Soul Fragment.
      Failing the Event gives you the following emote: "The air grows slightly warmer".
      After collecting the first fragment, you will get a buff Medivh's Echo, which is now your new timer.

You can gain +5 minutes for every fragment you collect.
      1 is in Opera audience 1 before the Maiden of Virtue 1 after killing Moroes 1 in the Spider Room 1 after Curator When you manage to complete it in time, your buff will change to Medivh's Presence. Go to Nightbane's room and talk to Medivh. It awards the One Night in Karazhan and he will summon Nightbane for you. After wipes Nightbane won't despawn.
      Update: It seems some players have already summoned Nightbane. Observing the player's armory he doesn't have the last boss achievement. Maybe he finished the quest line already by switching lockouts.
      My theory was that Nightbane became available during the final part of the quest. Why? Look at the list of the following items. All are a requirement for the above quests and guess what? The items are always +1 by ID and go from first to last (all are quest items related to Karazhan ring quest line).
      Empty Box of Motivator Crystals Box of 'New' Horseshoes Bouquet of Roses Positive Review Negative Review Negative Review Little Red's Cape  Charred Bone Fragments (party loot) start the following quest that isn't in-game yet. We'll probably assemble Nightbane from the bone fragments -> Nightbane Transform.   
      Remember the Violet Seal of the Archmage? New versions of the old Karazhan ring have been added. They can be obtained through a series of quests that might lead to Nightbane
      There are four versions of the ring ranging from item level 850 up to 875.
      Violet Seal of the Archmage Fragments of the Past need to be completed to get the initial version of the ring. Violet Seal of the Archmage Complete Book Wyrms followed by Rebooting the Cleaner to get the first ring upgrade. Violet Seal of the Archmage Now for the third upgrade there are no quests in any databases. I fiddled around with in-game linking and found two more quests, which will likely upgrade the ring to its 860 version.
      The horseshoes can be a drop from Attumen or Midnight.

Violet Seal of the Grand Magus The last ring has the same item level as Nightbane loot and offers a teleport to Karazhan on a 4-hour cooldown. I assume it's the final reward after defeating Nightbane.
    • By Starym
      2 days, 2 hotfixes, with relatively minor changes, but Warlocks can now be Warlocks again and enslave demons above level 109! And, as usual with hotfixes there is one "finally, why did it take them this long!" in here as well, as we'll stop getting as many follower item level missions if we have all of them maxed out on ilevel!
      October 26th
      Death Knight
      Fixed a bug that caused Dark Transformation to not trigger some additional effects, and not correctly transform abominations into flesh golems. Druid
      Fixed a bug where Shred could sometimes fail to deal damage or generate combo points. Full Moon is again in the Arcane school. Hunter
      Bestial Fury will correctly increase Bestial Wrath's damage bonus to your pet and Hati. Warlock
      Enslave Demon can correctly target enemies up to one level above the caster. Class Halls
      Missions will be less likely to offer follower armor set items to players that have maxed out the item level of all their champions. Items
      The legendary Rogue ring Insignia of Ravenholdt should now be able to hit creatures with large hitboxes. The legendary Warlock belt Power Cord of Lethtendris should no longer incorrectly have a chance to be activated by targets that already have Unstable Affliction. PvP
      Honor Talents
      Thorns now has a 1 second cooldown between procs. Quests
      Killing the Waking Nightmare first during quest, "Waking Nightmares" will no longer prevent players from seeing Slumbering Nightmare. Previous hotfixes.
    • By mischievous
      Cleared Heroic and Normal Emerald Nightmare in the first week of it's release.
      Classes Needed:
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply at our website  If you have questions about the application process, contact any of the officers for additional information.

Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417