FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Raiza

RtB Frustration // Roll Sin?

Hello fellow rogues,

I am wondering if RtB is as frustrating to y'all as it is to me. Initially, I thought it was great fun; the RnG element made each fight somewhat different and exciting.

But since the days spent questing and farming mythics have ended, and as I move into higher-end content, the fun from RtB is quickly dissipating. When the raid is constantly putting pressure on DPS to meet a certain threshold, it seems that bad RtB rolls aren't just "bad luck" you can laugh off but can seriously get you kicked from groups or just make you feel terrible.

I still pull acceptable DPS in the long run but I'm also spending the first twenty seconds of the fight pulling my hair out. What's worse is when you're still stuck at 1 buff and the group decides to BL. Yes, it is satisfying when you get 3-6 buffs. But I've come to realize those are exceptions and not the norm.

Even though outlaw seems to dominate AoE even without any buffs, is anyone considering switching to assassin or sub for single-target raid fights? Is it worth doing so starting at zero artifact power when you've already put so much effort into the Dreadblades?

Thanks for any feedback and for reading!

3 minutes ago, Raiza said:

Hello fellow rogues,

I am wondering if RtB is as frustrating to y'all as it is to me. Initially, I thought it was great fun; the RnG element made each fight somewhat different and exciting.

But since the days spent questing and farming mythics have ended, and as I move into higher-end content, the fun from RtB is quickly dissipating. When the raid is constantly putting pressure on DPS to meet a certain threshold, it seems that bad RtB rolls aren't just "bad luck" you can laugh off but can seriously get you kicked from groups or just make you feel terrible.

I still pull acceptable DPS in the long run but I'm also spending the first twenty seconds of the fight pulling my hair out. What's worse is when you're still stuck at 1 buff and the group decides to BL. Yes, it is satisfying when you get 3-6 buffs. But I've come to realize those are exceptions and not the norm.

Even though outlaw seems to dominate AoE even without any buffs, is anyone considering switching to assassin or sub for single-target raid fights? Is it worth doing so starting at zero artifact power when you've already put so much effort into the Dreadblades?

Thanks for any feedback and for reading!

Artifact Knowledge means you can swap specs pretty easily, so there's that

All specs are roughly equal with the same number of traits etc on Single Target. Make sure you read through the RtB post at the top of the forums here too

Overall though yeah I agree, I've complained about RtB since they first debuted it on Beta. It's not a playstyle I enjoy at all

Thanks for the reply. I'm AK6 so it wouldn't be as much of a headache to switch.

Do you raid as outlaw and just put up with the RnG game? I read through your RtB thread and I know you've commented somewhat negatively on the mechanics.

Im interested in knowing if other rogues just put up with RtB.

1 hour ago, Raiza said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm AK6 so it wouldn't be as much of a headache to switch.

Do you raid as outlaw and just put up with the RnG game? I read through your RtB thread and I know you've commented somewhat negatively on the mechanics.

Im interested in knowing if other rogues just put up with RtB.

Many do, I do not unless necessary. I find Sub's damage to be just as good and the playstyle much more suited to a number of different situations rather than just 1. Sin really suffers on fights with short lived adds where Sub doesn't suffer as much.

It's also, to me, just more fun, whereas Sin is less so.