FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
godsilla94

Unholy DK Stats

Hello Fellow DK's

I am currently maining an Unholy DK http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Thrall/Àtrocity/advanced   and can't seem to perform as well as the average Unholy on my ilvl. While I can't say I'm playing perfectly, I think it is mainly due to having a very low amount of Haste, as well as fairly bad trinkets (at least I think so :D). Do you guys spot anything else that might hold my DPS back? Here's some logs from EN Normal and Heroic.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1fyr4BthGznpWkdA (EN Normal Clear Run)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fwWR6rvDhY7cJFxb (Another EN Normal)

Unfortuantely I have very few HC logs due to some corrupted files, so normal has to suffice.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask.

Àtrocity (Thrall, EU)

Hi,

I have a DK Unholy and i'm just loving the spec, currently i'm at lvl 106.

What u need, and u will notice it when u reach it, is at least 20% Haste, Runes generate faster, more festering and scourge strike, more AoE with Festering wounds, it will be a joy =D

Normal i end up on top spot beating up any class at the same lvl. Try it out and give feedback

two immediate things jump out at me. you have really really low haste, as previously noted 20% is considered the soft cap but you are below 9%. For immediate help, enchant everything with haste buffs, same with gems, you need haste.

your trinkets are actually pretty good :D

in emerald nightmare there is only one thing that immediately jumped out at me (i'll look at logs in more detail later) and that is your talent choice. You are using all will serve a lot. That is a very strong single target talent but really single target only. The fights that you would want that on are nythendra and ursoc tops. Outside of that you want bursting sores instead, there are always add to cleave, and you will see big dps jumps from that alone. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to receive from demonardvark himself^^ I will try to use Bursting Sores more often, I just usually tend to prefer AWS for Il'Gynoth, as an example, cause my priority is as much burst damage as possible onto the heart. But you are completely right, I should swap Talents, especially for things like Xavius.

Im playing an unhoy deathknight ilevel 866 and we are currently trying the frist boss mythic. If you want some dps guidelines for the bosses it shoud look like this with your item level on heroic difficulty:
Nythendra 280k dps  All will serve/ Shadow unfusion/ Pestilenz Pustules/SR
Ursoc :300k dps All will serve/necrosis(train this talent, is a tiny bit better then shadow infusion here in my perspective)/ Pestilenz Pustules/SR
Heart: 250k dps Black Fever/ Epidemic/Shadow Infusion/ Valkyr (Only take epidemic if you are ordered to do the blobs or want to increadse dmg)
Drakes: 320k dps Bursting/Pestilenz Pustules/ Shadow Infusion/SR
Spider: 250k dps(i am not reaching that either here) Bursting/ Pestilenz/ Shadow Infusion/SR
Cenarius: 260k dps Bursting/ Shadow Infusion/ Pestilenz Pustules (That target switching really fucks you up here)/SR
Xavius 310k dps Bursting/Valkyrie(due to Dream reset,else SR)/Pestilenz Pustules/Shadow Infusion/

These are my Talents and my highest dps counts on these bosses, with 25% crit and 23% tempo and 866 gear
Try to always be somewhere around rogues with you i level in fight generally. Use Anti Magic Shell for Dps(for Runic power)

Some little tricks you may have missed:
Use the Buff food the shoots pepperfircespices at enemy, the big one better the crit/haste for me
Use Scourgestrike at 4 or above wounds/ Festering strike at 3 or lesser wounds
Use Apokalypse as runic power gain while gargoyle/instead of Scourgestrike, or after every uneven SR (1,3,5,7,9)
Before SR is off CD try to pool 3-4 Wounds and 2 Runes so you can immideatly use it/ Pool 7-8 Wounds if you have Apokalypse  to trigger SR
Try to pool 90+Runic Power and one Proc if possible for Shadow Infusion or Valkyrie
4 Runes should always be on Cooldown even if you are capped on Runic Power or have a procc on Deathcoil

Little Trick for Add Spawns or Cleave:
Kepp 5-6 Wounds on 1 target, pool 4-6 runes 5 sec before Adds spawn
Put one Festering Strike one each target, maximum 3-4 targets
Use Death and Decay and use the multi scourge strike hit bonus to burst the wounds and get some runes for free
while doing that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips! Are those values with prepot and pot during the fight? I got these Values tonight:

Ursoc: 276k (1 Pot at 30%)

Dragons: 287k (No Pots)

Renferal: 255k (No pots)

Heart: 251k (23.41m on the heart itself) (1 pot)

Cenarius: 248k DPS (1 Pot)

Are those values okay? I think I am a little behind my ilvl as my Haste is painfully low at the moment ;P

The few additional tips are really nice, aprecciate it a lot. One thing that always bothers me is the cast timing of my Army. I tend to prefer using it on pull (except for Il'Gynoth) as I hate channeling it mid-fight as it prevents me from attacking. Do you have any tips regarding that?

Edited by godsilla94

On 10/7/2016 at 9:09 AM, Beawareof said:

Little Trick for Add Spawns or Cleave:
Kepp 5-6 Wounds on 1 target, pool 4-6 runes 5 sec before Adds spawn
Put one Festering Strike one each target, maximum 3-4 targets
Use Death and Decay and use the multi scourge strike hit bonus to burst the wounds and get some runes for free
while doing that.

Never thought about putting a up a festering strike on the adds. Thanks for the tip!

10 hours ago, mgibbonsjr said:

Never thought about putting a up a festering strike on the adds. Thanks for the tip!

It's actually a pretty good one, good for longer lived trash or things you may see in mythic +.

if we had a true cleave fight in EN it would be amazing, like hellfire council it would be immense fun to do :D

On 10/13/2016 at 7:19 AM, demonardvark said:

It's actually a pretty good one, good for longer lived trash or things you may see in mythic +.

if we had a true cleave fight in EN it would be amazing, like hellfire council it would be immense fun to do :D

I must be doing something wrong. For example, when I try to FS the trash mobs in Heroic EN, I can usually get off two before they start dying off. By the time I get the FS up on the two additional adds and get back to my target with at least 4 stacks, the trash is already dying. I find that for trash mobs I am better served to follow single target rotation and add in death and decay. Is that wrong? 

No, you're right. It's theoretically the highest AOE damage to get, but in EN I rarely use it. Also there's usually priority targets you want to take out first anyway so it's no problem in following the ST rotation. 

Also, on the All will Serve v.s. Bursting Sores. BS is not far behind on AwS for single target/priority damage. The overall DPS during the entire fights BS will really be better, also for your raid. On Eye for example, getting tentacles down quickly is just as important as heart damage. 

9 hours ago, Impurex said:

No, you're right. It's theoretically the highest AOE damage to get, but in EN I rarely use it. Also there's usually priority targets you want to take out first anyway so it's no problem in following the ST rotation. 

Also, on the All will Serve v.s. Bursting Sores. BS is not far behind on AwS for single target/priority damage. The overall DPS during the entire fights BS will really be better, also for your raid. On Eye for example, getting tentacles down quickly is just as important as heart damage. 

yeah there are a lot of theoretically strong ways to do things annnnnnd the more realistic ones. As far as AwS vs BS its very close in a lot of encounters albeit AwS doesn't scale quite as well. 

Also on creepy tree  I will sit here until my dying breath saying that is not an aoe fight, it is a snap single target priority fight. It's just like beast lord darmac, everyone wanted huge cleave for meter padding when that is not the goal. Creepy tree you need target 1 to die asap, then 2 than 3, but i digress XD