FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Infin1tum

The right time to change my gear?

Hello my dear stealthy collegues!

I just noticed the sin guide has been updated recently to the new stat weigths and skills. The question that popped up in my head is, when is the right time to switch from my (almost) full crit/vers gear to mastery/crit? It's a big change, which would involve a lot of resources to be spent for crafting new leather gear, gemming, etc. Or is it only worth changing after reaching a certain itemlevel? I don't remember where but i recall reading that poison build will be ahead of the exsang build with heroic gear. I've kind of tested it earlier in lfr, and i don't really see much of a difference in dps with my currently acquired mastery gear. (which is around 6 or 7 slots atm)

Furthermore, will be Agonizing Poison still be better after getting the legendary bracers, since it has no dot effect? Or will deadly poison and exsang pull ahead again?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

PS: Here's my arsenal link, it should be with my actual crit/vers gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Enalya/advanced

Edited by Infin1tum

I'm in the same boat actually. Sitting at ~850 iLvl with gear focusing on Crit/Vers but I have a ton of side-grade gear in my bank that focuses on Mastery (puts me at about 120%). I've simm'ed my character six ways to Sunday and I just can't get my predicted DPS above what it is now in bleed spec. I'd chalk it up to that just meaning I'm not ready for a poison spec yet but what concerns me is when I try to sim as poison, SimC is still giving me stat weights as if I was bleed based (Crit>Ver>Mast>Haste) so I'm not sure it knows what I'm trying to simulate.

Edited by Case

On 08/10/2016 at 2:45 AM, Case said:

Hmmm. My experience with ShadowCraft lately has that is has been extremely unreliable and random.

The models are updated almost every day - there's a few bugs here and there but it should be ok to use for both Sin and Sub. 

On 06/10/2016 at 4:28 PM, Infin1tum said:

Hello my dear stealthy collegues!

I just noticed the sin guide has been updated recently to the new stat weigths and skills. The question that popped up in my head is, when is the right time to switch from my (almost) full crit/vers gear to mastery/crit? It's a big change, which would involve a lot of resources to be spent for crafting new leather gear, gemming, etc. Or is it only worth changing after reaching a certain itemlevel? I don't remember where but i recall reading that poison build will be ahead of the exsang build with heroic gear. I've kind of tested it earlier in lfr, and i don't really see much of a difference in dps with my currently acquired mastery gear. (which is around 6 or 7 slots atm)

Furthermore, will be Agonizing Poison still be better after getting the legendary bracers, since it has no dot effect? Or will deadly poison and exsang pull ahead again?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

PS: Here's my arsenal link, it should be with my actual crit/vers gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Enalya/advanced

There isn't really a specific time to change over - once you have a decent amount of Mastery, the Poison build will likely work better for you. Most people see this point upwards of 110%, but everybody's gear is different

9 hours ago, Carrn said:

There isn't really a specific time to change over - once you have a decent amount of Mastery, the Poison build will likely work better for you. Most people see this point upwards of 110%, but everybody's gear is different

I'd say to keep simming frequently. No one can say that better than a computer.