Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infin1tum

The right time to change my gear?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello my dear stealthy collegues!

I just noticed the sin guide has been updated recently to the new stat weigths and skills. The question that popped up in my head is, when is the right time to switch from my (almost) full crit/vers gear to mastery/crit? It's a big change, which would involve a lot of resources to be spent for crafting new leather gear, gemming, etc. Or is it only worth changing after reaching a certain itemlevel? I don't remember where but i recall reading that poison build will be ahead of the exsang build with heroic gear. I've kind of tested it earlier in lfr, and i don't really see much of a difference in dps with my currently acquired mastery gear. (which is around 6 or 7 slots atm)

Furthermore, will be Agonizing Poison still be better after getting the legendary bracers, since it has no dot effect? Or will deadly poison and exsang pull ahead again?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

PS: Here's my arsenal link, it should be with my actual crit/vers gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Enalya/advanced

Edited by Infin1tum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm in the same boat actually. Sitting at ~850 iLvl with gear focusing on Crit/Vers but I have a ton of side-grade gear in my bank that focuses on Mastery (puts me at about 120%). I've simm'ed my character six ways to Sunday and I just can't get my predicted DPS above what it is now in bleed spec. I'd chalk it up to that just meaning I'm not ready for a poison spec yet but what concerns me is when I try to sim as poison, SimC is still giving me stat weights as if I was bleed based (Crit>Ver>Mast>Haste) so I'm not sure it knows what I'm trying to simulate.

Edited by Case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried using shadowcraft? It's up to date with the stat weights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. My experience with ShadowCraft lately has that is has been extremely unreliable and random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2016 at 2:45 AM, Case said:

Hmmm. My experience with ShadowCraft lately has that is has been extremely unreliable and random.

The models are updated almost every day - there's a few bugs here and there but it should be ok to use for both Sin and Sub. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/10/2016 at 4:28 PM, Infin1tum said:

Hello my dear stealthy collegues!

I just noticed the sin guide has been updated recently to the new stat weigths and skills. The question that popped up in my head is, when is the right time to switch from my (almost) full crit/vers gear to mastery/crit? It's a big change, which would involve a lot of resources to be spent for crafting new leather gear, gemming, etc. Or is it only worth changing after reaching a certain itemlevel? I don't remember where but i recall reading that poison build will be ahead of the exsang build with heroic gear. I've kind of tested it earlier in lfr, and i don't really see much of a difference in dps with my currently acquired mastery gear. (which is around 6 or 7 slots atm)

Furthermore, will be Agonizing Poison still be better after getting the legendary bracers, since it has no dot effect? Or will deadly poison and exsang pull ahead again?

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

PS: Here's my arsenal link, it should be with my actual crit/vers gear http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/onyxia/Enalya/advanced

There isn't really a specific time to change over - once you have a decent amount of Mastery, the Poison build will likely work better for you. Most people see this point upwards of 110%, but everybody's gear is different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Carrn said:

There isn't really a specific time to change over - once you have a decent amount of Mastery, the Poison build will likely work better for you. Most people see this point upwards of 110%, but everybody's gear is different

I'd say to keep simming frequently. No one can say that better than a computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By DamasterZ
      Hi folks, i need your help.
       
      Crippling poison makes me gain energy in bosses? I've searching because in Nythendra the affects my teamates, but I'm not totally sure if it woks in bosses.
       
      Thanks
    • By SStiil
      So i'm currently looking for an addon which shows the poison uptime on the enemy nameplate. I'm currently using KuiNameplates, but by default it only shows the uptime on me bleeds, and it gets quite annoying looking at the enemy unit frame for Surge of Toxins. Is there any way to add it to the display, or does anyone know of an nameplate addon which shows poison uptime on the nameplate along with bleeds?
      I thank you all beforehand for all help.
    • By Dyldoe
      So right now I play Sub as my main spec. I mained outlaw for the first week or so of Legion and honestly I hated sub (not sure why) but after I tried it, it is now my preferred spec among the 3. I know that sub scales the best with gear and is the most superior spec around 870ilv too. I never see sub in pve and usually outlaw/sin mainly (for mythic+ and raids) so I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong?
      Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Dyldoe/simple
      For my talents, I use weaponmaster as it is very good for aoe pulls (I can pull about 400k dps on 3-4 targets) then followed by the traditional talents for pve sub (I go master of subtlety for raids) 
      I know my stats are not the best for sub as I need to get more mastery/vers rather than haste (crit is still pretty good if i'm correct)
      I couldn't spec into Akaari's Soul as it breaks cc in pvp with means I loose a hefty amount of dps which is very annoying and I am debating to repsec into it and put up with it in pvp for the extra dps increase.
      My weapon pathing looks like this: https://gyazo.com/61e1d2ba599db43cb2faeee306c72e81
      I seem to be doing everything correctly for dps but I do about 250-300k dps on single target and stays about 200k the whole time. Sometimes can go up to 350-400k depending on how smooth the fight goes but if it's anything to do with my weapon/talents/ilv/stats and even playstyle then please let me know, thanks!
       
      Edit: I have respecced my weapon to now look like this: https://gyazo.com/e972f73591090f9895e097d9782e3035 
      I should be doing better now ^^ Appreciate the help 
    • By Infin1tum
      Good evening fellow rogues!
      After I've finally changed up my gear to mastery (as you can see in this beautifully edited file attachment) and playing around with AP for quite a while, I've noticed a huge lack on energy regen in contrary to the crit focused build with exsang. I know that energy is regenerating way faster during exsang, this is not my issue I'm trying to address here.
      But I've come to believe something is not really working properly with venomous wounds when running with AP, or am I simply missing out on something? I'm having a really hard time with my energy household, I need to pool way often and way longer than I've ever needed with exsang skilled and deadly poison applied.
      Is anyone else expieriencing the same issue? I'm really confused.
      Thanks a lot!
    • By Anarchy312
      i was wondering if using envenom is more worst to be using at 3/4 combo points to maintain 100% uptime on elaborate planning or if i should still be using it at 5/6 with a less uptime on elaborate planning.