FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Street1841

<Havoc> DPS Help please

I am using the 1233111 Build, and when I look at the logs that are uploaded I seem to be in the middle of all the demon hunters.  My question is what am I doing wrong to not be in the 80%+ Range.

Armory

Warcraft Logs

Is the prep Build that much better? or is just the lack of DPS in my guild dwindling my numbers down compared to everyone else?

Your guild's dps has nothing to do with yours. The momentum build on single target is about a 150 damage loss for me on simc compared to using prepared. It's safe to say that going for demon blades for single target is a minor dps loss and wouldn't affect your percentile ranking by a lot. (vs minor adds, in an aoe situation prepared pulls ahead) I checked some of your logs and noticed that your momentum buff only has an 41% uptime. That's really really really low. You have to work on having a 55%+ uptime on it (probably more but I'm very tired as we speak.) if you struggle really hard with this I'd suggest you to take Nemesis until you've figured things out cause that's a large portion of your dps.

Another thing I've noticed is you casting throw glaive when momentum isn't up or letting bloodlet go down for 15 seconds atleast 3 times on the ursoc fight, you should aim to prevent this. Same goes for the dragon fight where you had a 55% uptime on one drake and only a  22% on others, you should aim as close to 90% if possible. Same for Nythendra 86% on normal, not really 75-95 percentile worthy if you got 860ilvl (ofc ilvl isn't everything but ranking competes you with players with similar ilvl. I'll probably get back at you and check your logs more thoroughly, even go more indepth on your logs, but kinda sleepy now.

Edited by Kayusa

On 10/9/2016 at 4:07 AM, Kayusa said:

Your guild's dps has nothing to do with yours. The momentum build on single target is about a 150 damage loss for me on simc IF I wanna use it (according to simc) It's also safe to say that going for demon blades for single target is a minor dps loss and wouldn't affect your percentile raking by a lot. Nah I checked some of your logs and noticed that your momentum buff only has an 41% uptime. That's really really really low. You have to work on having a 55%+ uptime on it (probably more but I'm very tired as we speak.) if you struggle really hard with this I'd suggest you to take Nemesis until you've figured things out cause that's a large portion of your dps.

Another thing I've noticed is you casting throw glaive when momentum isn't up or letting bloodlet go down for 15 seconds atleast 3 times on the ursoc fight, you should aim to prevent this. Same goes for the dragon fight where you had a 55% uptime on one drake and only a  22% on others, you should aim as close to 90% if possible. Same for Nythendra 86% on normal, not really 75-95 percentile worthy if you got 860ilvl (ofc ilvl isn't everything but ranking competes you with players with similar ilvl. I'll probably get back at you and check your logs more thoroughly, even go more indepth on your logs, but kinda sleepy now.

Kayusa, could you do the same for me? 
Ive been reading Lockybalboa's guide on how to analyze a DH's log and really trying to tighten up making sure I only use Demon Bite during momentum down time's and only using DPS attacks during momentum up times, while keeping momentum up as much as possible. But.....on average Im at only 8-9% compared to other DH's with similar iLevels. I hit 22% against Nythendra. 

What am I doing so wrong? Is it my stats or am I still doing disastrously bad at the mechanics? 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Kalyndrel/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17448107/latest#

%Alright, I've compared your parse with mine and the demon hunters of your guild. On first glance your gear is decent (minus the appendage trinket.) and good enough to compete with others around your ilvl. So I delved a bit deeper in the logs and immediately came across various mistakes. The most notable one was demon's bite. It was your third highest damaging ability, this should never, ever happen. This means that either you fury capped a lot, or B you were spending fury on the wrong abilities. I discovered that it was the latter. Eye beam on the Nythendra fight had 8 casts. Now I know that in theory eye beam with the vanguish trait is a dps increase. However. Eye beam causes you to lose globals, which means that in that time you could've chaos striked with momentum up and if that had crit you'd have 50% of the fury spend refunded, meaning that you could cast chaos strike even more often. In this instance eye beam would have been a very slight dps loss since it was regularly cast in melee range, without momentum. Now when you're out of range you can eye beam, np, but I highly doubt you being out of melee range 8 times in that one fight. 

Another important point is your momentum uptime, 31% is really really realllyyy low. It should be close to 60%, remember to vengeful retreat on cooldown (with prepared) and when you're about to drop fury in anything at all (or throw glaive for bloodlet) use fel rush to get momentum up, then dump fury. Speaking of throw glaive, your bloodlet as well is only around 71%, you really want to aim as close to 90% as possible, I can see in the logs that there were parts where you had no bloodlet ticking on the boss for nearly 15 seconds, when I parsed in the 98% on this fight, I had a bloodlet uptime of 97-98%. Bloodlet is one of your HIGHEST damaging ability, It's even more important than your eye beam. Try to put some major focus into keeping bloodlet up as much as possible in future fights.

I'll try to tl;dr it, ask any questions if you want me to go into specifics.

- Don't blade dance on single target, ever. Unless specced into first blood, which you shouldn't do.
- Momentum needs an uptime of 55% and above, anything under that is a dps loss. I'm not kidding, use it more often.
-Use momentum in conjuction with your strongest st/aoe abilties, basically if you're about to aoe, get momentum up first, if you're about to cast annihilation or chaos strike, use momentum first and spam them then
- you can usually get of 3 casts within one momentum 4 if you got particularly high haste.
-Keep bloodlet as close to 100% as possible as uptime.
Prioritise annihilation casts over anything else during meta, you wanna get off as much as possible and you wanna have momentum up for nearly all of them.
-fel rush more often.

Any specific question? Sorry for the hasty post, about to go into mythic raid again >.<

If it helps I can show you my logs if you want?

• Like 1

I thought you weren't supposed to use throw glaive while in meta, so wouldn't this make it impossible to keep a 100% uptime on bloodlet?

On 10/13/2016 at 11:27 PM, Rrasis said:

I thought you weren't supposed to use throw glaive while in meta, so wouldn't this make it impossible to keep a 100% uptime on bloodlet?

I said, close to 100% as possible. Also throwing your glaive once during your meta isn't gonna screw you over and when you vr (which you should use on cd) you might as well throw it before going back in. regardless, it was close to 100%, not exactly 100%. Sorry if I confused anyone with this.

Edited by Kayusa
  • Like 1

Kayusa i could use some help too,playing DH from the begining,altough DH got nerfed,i cant stop playing it,awsome class,reminds me of Death from Darksiders game :) 

So main problem is my dps,i got decent gear,but i ger overrun by some classes i think i can do more,or maybe i am wrong,can you give some advice,thx in advance !!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Nokturno/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C4HBVpT3QvjzdqRr/#source=6&type=summary

On 10/17/2016 at 9:25 AM, Nokturno said:

Kayusa i could use some help too,playing DH from the begining,altough DH got nerfed,i cant stop playing it,awsome class,reminds me of Death from Darksiders game :) 

So main problem is my dps,i got decent gear,but i ger overrun by some classes i think i can do more,or maybe i am wrong,can you give some advice,thx in advance !!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Nokturno/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C4HBVpT3QvjzdqRr/#source=6&type=summary

Extremely sorry for the late reply.

Comments on gear

• Your gear is fine in general
  • However, your weapon ilvl is EXTREMELY low. You'll notice a big dps increase once you find yourself some better relics. You scale exceptionally well with weapon damage, consider it a high priority. 
  • I noticed that you've gotten Faulty countermeasures, if I were you I'd sim it vs your chrono shard, I believe it might outperform it since a lot of top demon hunters have been using that specific trinket along with the trinket from MoS

As for your logs,

• I know its kinda personal preference but I'd really stick to soul leech. Reason for this is that the other talents are basically a downgrade of your blur. Specially the instincts one. Blur can be used as an offensive cooldown by gaining 2 extxa fel rush charges (once trait has been obtained) that talent negates this though.
  • Your momentum uptime is only 36.22%, this is tooooo low, try to use fel rush whenever you feel like you're gonna pull off atleast 2 chaos strikes or a chaos strike+ throw glaive, or anything really that expends fury and/or does more damage thn demon's bite in general. You want to keep vengeful retreat on cooldown throughout most of the time and never cap on fel rushes either.
  • Too little demon awesomeness. With this I mean, you meta'd 3 times this fight and only managed a total of 21 annihilation strikes, considering you had a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds, this is too low. You should be around 30. Considering this had to do with bad rng for the fury refund, I guess I could understand but I believe it is not since I can pull off 27 in 2 meta's on average, so I believe in 3 meta's that you should be able to pull around the same if not higher. Are you prioritising to fit as many annihilation casts as possible during meta? You can generally DB, DB, FR, ANN, ANN, (if refund another CS otherwise TG) DB, DB, FR, ANN, etc. depending on fury remaining you could even just DB once and FR for the +25 fury and start dumping.
  • Just noticed, 5 VR casts in the entire fight, prioritize this at all cost! Very important, that's the whole point of taking the prepared talent!