FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Flexo

New Diablo 3 player

Hey all,

i got the standard diablo 3 game from some years ago :p

now i was wondering what i need to get started again with playing it and if its a social game or a solo game.

greetings  

9 hours ago, Flexo said:

Hey all,

i got the standard diablo 3 game from some years ago :p

now i was wondering what i need to get started again with playing it and if its a social game or a solo game.

greetings  

Hello and welcome to the community!

It all comes down to your personal preferences. If you're looking to catch up in Season 7, which ends soon, I definitely advise you to look for in-game power leveling communities. Getting to Level 70 will really be just a matter of minutes. You can play solo or in a group. I always played the campaign solo, but it's needless to say that split bounties are more efficient than running them alone. Doing rifts in a group is also a great means to catch up with gear. If you're stuck on a certain Torment difficulty while soloing, simply join a group. As long as you manage to stay alive they can easily carry you.

As for class information, itemization, make sure to pay our Diablo 3 Guide Section a visit. 

• Like 1

Hey and tnx for the reply.

i wil seek out your guide section soon.

the only question i have is that i need reaper of souls to hit level 70 or Season 7?

1 hour ago, Flexo said:

Hey and tnx for the reply.

i wil seek out your guide section soon.

the only question i have is that i need reaper of souls to hit level 70 or Season 7?

Yes, the Vanilla version is capped at Level 60 with 4 available acts. Reaper of Souls is what made the game awesome again. You get an additional act, bounties, rifts, greater rifts and much more. Our guides are also updated for Reaper of Souls with the latest Season in mind. If you're still unsure about whether to buy the expansion or not, try the standard version first, but I can only vouch for Reaper as the vanilla version wasn't as good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes, the Vanilla version is capped at Level 60 with 4 available acts. Reaper of Souls is what made the game awesome again. You get an additional act, bounties, rifts, greater rifts and much more. Our guides are also updated for Reaper of Souls with the latest Season in mind. If you're still unsure about whether to buy the expansion or not, try the standard version first, but I can only vouch for Reaper as the vanilla version wasn't as good.

Ok :) than i will get the Reaper of Souls before i start :p

On 10/7/2016 at 5:10 PM, Flexo said:

Ok :) than i will get the Reaper of Souls before i start :p

Definitely the best choice! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Definitely the best choice! :D

tnx ! you stil play ? 

its hard 2 find some guilds / groups

27 minutes ago, Flexo said:

tnx ! you stil play ? 

its hard 2 find some guilds / groups

I normally only play a lot when a new Season starts. Season 8 is going to start later this month, so a lot more people will start playing. I'd pay the most attention to the campaign and getting a feel for the game and classes until then.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blainie said:

I normally only play a lot when a new Season starts. Season 8 is going to start later this month, so a lot more people will start playing. I'd pay the most attention to the campaign and getting a feel for the game and classes until then.

so for now i just mess around with the classes and jump on season 8 when they are alive :p

16 hours ago, Flexo said:

so for now i just mess around with the classes and jump on season 8 when they are alive :p

If you want some quick Level 70s, harness the power of communities.

• There are powerleveling communities and getting to Level 70 is just a matter of minutes, just put the keyword powerleveling in the search box and join the community chat.
    • Players are speed farming Torment VI rifts. The key is to always stand at the rift entrance when there are no mobs around so you don't die and get full XP (obviously if you're dead, you don't gain XP, mobs will likely one-shot you at this stage, this is why you stand at the rift entrance)
      • Rifts have multiple stages 1 / 2 / 3, so you need to port to the guy that's leveling you; you both need to be at the same stage for you to gain XP.
        • Teleporting is done by right-clicking a player's portrait and selecting the "Teleport to Player" option.
          • Teleport when the leveler writes in chat its safe to teleport (meaning there are no mobs that could kill you when you're teleporting to his spot). This is of utmost importance in Hardcore.
  • There are various communities with different goals like Split Bounties, GR60+ Farm etc.
    • The name of these communities corresponds with their function.

The clan finder can also provide helpful when you're searching for a clan.

• If I recall correctly, you may place several requests to join a Clan, you'll just have to wait till you get approved.

Hit me up should you have any questions!

On 10/15/2016 at 3:44 PM, Flexo said:

In about 6hours i will go online :P think i will try a Monk 

How did trying monk go?

23 hours ago, Blainie said:

How did trying monk go?

23 hours ago, Blainie said:

How did trying monk go?

lvl 70 and paragon 135... just need more set pieces to get higher in torment.

i do not know what i will play for season 8 and with what class is should go normal and hardcore with :)

Witch Doctor is also "great" but i have a problem with centering all the adds for my piranha pool and my pets.

Demon hunter is also 70 but i just levelled it up and now i need a build / set gear and start playing with it

On 10/18/2016 at 5:33 AM, Flexo said:

lvl 70 and paragon 135... just need more set pieces to get higher in torment.

i do not know what i will play for season 8 and with what class is should go normal and hardcore with :)

Witch Doctor is also "great" but i have a problem with centering all the adds for my piranha pool and my pets.

Demon hunter is also 70 but i just levelled it up and now i need a build / set gear and start playing with it

Sorry for getting back to you so late! I'm glad to hear it went well at least :) I'd recommend Monk for HC if you're going to try it for the first time. Crusader can also work. Playing something tanky is normally preferable for your first HC run, at least until you are more aware of what different mobs can do.

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Sorry for getting back to you so late! I'm glad to hear it went well at least :) I'd recommend Monk for HC if you're going to try it for the first time. Crusader can also work. Playing something tanky is normally preferable for your first HC run, at least until you are more aware of what different mobs can do.

I lost my Monk on lvl 35 hc mode :( 

On 10/23/2016 at 6:43 AM, Blainie said:

Even though I stay away from HC because I hate losing characters for connection issues, I'd rather say that the safest bet in HC is a pet oriented WD  because the pets are tanky enough (especially on lower torments) so you don't have much issue and you can focus mostly on dodging instead of dealing damage. You can go around T1 (at lvl70) even without any legendary items and be safe there or if you find some decent items (eg. short man's finger, belt of transcendence) you can go around T4 without any sets. The setback is the killing time, especially with large groups because you can't focus your main damage and most of the pets are single target damage dealers, although if you go for full clear anyway, it's not that much slower.

With that said, I think even with the default thoughness difference between melee and ranged classes, all melee class have a harder time staying alive (especially during leveling) because they don't have that much freedom in positioning, but maybe that's because I mainly prefer ranged classes and got accustomed to that style of play :)

On 10/23/2016 at 10:45 AM, Flexo said:

I lost my Monk on lvl 35 hc mode :( 

I'm sorry to hear that! :( Did you try something else?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2016 at 10:21 AM, Marvus said:

With that said, I think even with the default thoughness difference between melee and ranged classes, all melee class have a harder time staying alive (especially during leveling) because they don't have that much freedom in positioning, but maybe that's because I mainly prefer ranged classes and got accustomed to that style of play :)

For me, honestly, it's the other way round. I always take a DH as my first pick to have a farming character for keys, mats, etc., but I cannot do high GRifts with it. As soon as I hit 85+, I can't stay alive. I just can't play as a ranged, I have no idea why. I suck at it. As a Monk, I just kinda punch stuff and chill :D

4 hours ago, Blainie said:

For me, honestly, it's the other way round. I always take a DH as my first pick to have a farming character for keys, mats, etc., but I cannot do high GRifts with it. As soon as I hit 85+, I can't stay alive. I just can't play as a ranged, I have no idea why. I suck at it. As a Monk, I just kinda punch stuff and chill :D

That's fine, everyone has their own taste and style of play and that is a good thing :)

I've tried to play melee classes but always ended up being squishy/low damage/gimmicky and I didn't enjoy them much. Even back in D2 I preferred to play with bowazon/summoner necro/any sorceress, so that's a long lasting thing for me :) (speaking of D2 reminded me of one time when we played Eastern Sun, accidentally gone in an uber level and ended up with all 3 of my teammates wiped and I teleport/dodged for half+ hour to get their corpse/money/drops back and it felt like some epic feat for me :))

17 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm sorry to hear that! :( Did you try something else?

dont know :D the monk class is pretty good and everytime i read some info about it... it all say.... kill things fast, chill, watch some netflix and relax :p so i dont know what to do :D my friend is waiting on me at lvl 35 so i have to be pretty fast for what class i should go....

eather try again with monk after i watched some more info about it or try a barbarian.

als my friend is playing with a WD and he kills things pretty fast.... maybe i should get more into Zmonk or Zbarb ? 

12 hours ago, Flexo said:

dont know :D the monk class is pretty good and everytime i read some info about it... it all say.... kill things fast, chill, watch some netflix and relax :p so i dont know what to do :D my friend is waiting on me at lvl 35 so i have to be pretty fast for what class i should go....

eather try again with monk after i watched some more info about it or try a barbarian.

als my friend is playing with a WD and he kills things pretty fast.... maybe i should get more into Zmonk or Zbarb ? 

If I may chime in: going for any zdps build probably isn't going to be any good in the leveling stage, because it is so dynamically changing when someone finds a great upgrade in damage, although it could be beneficial to have some party buffs up. If you have trouble during leveling, I'd probably go with barb as it earlier has the cheat death passive (at lvl13) than the monk (lvl58) which in HC almost always mandatory, although I'd still rather recommend some ranged class if you like that style of play too, especially after you unlock their mobility skills (for example a demon hunter with vault), since it makes it easier (for me at least) to stay out of harms way and still doing some damage. But if you are going to melee class, you should prioritize toughness over damage, especially if your friend puts out enough damage to progress in a fair speed.

A few more things, if you didn't do/know this already: you should go through the campaign up until Leoric, because with every fresh character he has a guaranteed drop of Leoric's crown on the first kill, which, at the time you find it, is probably a huge upgrade but it's mainly because it's legendary power to enhance the effectiveness of any gem inserted, which can be used either for faster progression (with ruby) or better survivability (with amethyst) and it will probably be useful for a long time. Also your friend can help you powerlevel and reduce your level difference if you are the one creating the game since the game level depends on the creators level.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marvus said:

If I may chime in: going for any zdps build probably isn't going to be any good in the leveling stage, because it is so dynamically changing when someone finds a great upgrade in damage, although it could be beneficial to have some party buffs up. If you have trouble during leveling, I'd probably go with barb as it earlier has the cheat death passive (at lvl13) than the monk (lvl58) which in HC almost always mandatory, although I'd still rather recommend some ranged class if you like that style of play too, especially after you unlock their mobility skills (for example a demon hunter with vault), since it makes it easier (for me at least) to stay out of harms way and still doing some damage. But if you are going to melee class, you should prioritize toughness over damage, especially if your friend puts out enough damage to progress in a fair speed.

A few more things, if you didn't do/know this already: you should go through the campaign up until Leoric, because with every fresh character he has a guaranteed drop of Leoric's crown on the first kill, which, at the time you find it, is probably a huge upgrade but it's mainly because it's legendary power to enhance the effectiveness of any gem inserted, which can be used either for faster progression (with ruby) or better survivability (with amethyst) and it will probably be useful for a long time. Also your friend can help you powerlevel and reduce your level difference if you are the one creating the game since the game level depends on the creators level.

dint know that about the crown part.

so i do campaign till leoric's crown and than jump into adventure mode for them bounties ? 

11 hours ago, Flexo said:

dint know that about the crown part.

so i do campaign till leoric's crown and than jump into adventure mode for them bounties ? 

Yes, exactly, that's what I usually do with every season start. Although after you have the crown it depends on what are your goals and how you do things. If you want to level quickly then adventure mode is the way to go for sure, but there you have three reasonable choices:

-Nephalem rift: here you have greater density of monsters but does not have kill streak bonuses, can collect basic materials and can level relatively quickly

-Bounties: with this you'll get materials useful later on (from bounty caches), the xp bonuses aren't that great but not useless either and you can occasionally run into a large group of monsters where you can get kill streaks with higher xp boosts

-Kill streak hunt: this can be done by going to places known for their high density (like Act I - Halls of Agony) and going for big (100-200+) streaks. This highly depends on your choice of class, some of them are better at keeping the streak alive than others and honestly I don't know if this is viable with melee classes too, because you have to do damage at least every two seconds. It also has a diminishing return in groups.

I usually go with a combination of Nephalem rift and bounties, so I do have some materials (which is useful when you're 60+ and get some DBs, because you can put stuff in Kanai's Cube early) and easily manageable progress and also I don't get bored of it :) but as I read about it, if everything is perfect, the kill streak hunt should be the fastest leveling method at least for solo and without powerleveling.

+Edit one more thing: since you're going in HC, I think I should mention that these options are only relevant with fresh char/account since you'll have more option once you build up your stash (for example "powerlevel" yourself with Gem of Ease+a lvl70 weapon and molten wildbeast+hellfire amulet (and maybe moratorium+hellfire ring), since these don't have level requirements) so leveling a second character or leveling again after dying will be much easier and faster.

Edited by Marvus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marvus said:

Yes, exactly, that's what I usually do with every season start. Although after you have the crown it depends on what are your goals and how you do things. If you want to level quickly then adventure mode is the way to go for sure, but there you have three reasonable choices:

-Nephalem rift: here you have greater density of monsters but does not have kill streak bonuses, can collect basic materials and can level relatively quickly

-Bounties: with this you'll get materials useful later on (from bounty caches), the xp bonuses aren't that great but not useless either and you can occasionally run into a large group of monsters where you can get kill streaks with higher xp boosts

-Kill streak hunt: this can be done by going to places known for their high density (like Act I - Halls of Agony) and going for big (100-200+) streaks. This highly depends on your choice of class, some of them are better at keeping the streak alive than others and honestly I don't know if this is viable with melee classes too, because you have to do damage at least every two seconds. It also has a diminishing return in groups.

I usually go with a combination of Nephalem rift and bounties, so I do have some materials (which is useful when you're 60+ and get some DBs, because you can put stuff in Kanai's Cube early) and easily manageable progress and also I don't get bored of it :) but as I read about it, if everything is perfect, the kill streak hunt should be the fastest leveling method at least for solo and without powerleveling.

+Edit one more thing: since you're going in HC, I think I should mention that these options are only relevant with fresh char/account since you'll have more option once you build up your stash (for example "powerlevel" yourself with Gem of Ease+a lvl70 weapon and molten wildbeast+hellfire amulet (and maybe moratorium+hellfire ring), since these don't have level requirements) so leveling a second character or leveling again after dying will be much easier and faster.

i like your explaining but tbh.... its a bit chinees for me :p 

i play hc for the reason that i think that there is more focus on the adds and stuff.... not like normal where you die and you dont give a thing about it. im totally a new player for diablo but im going to try your thoughts in the game for tonight.

cheers ;)

15 hours ago, Flexo said:

i like your explaining but tbh.... its a bit chinees for me :p 

i play hc for the reason that i think that there is more focus on the adds and stuff.... not like normal where you die and you dont give a thing about it. im totally a new player for diablo but im going to try your thoughts in the game for tonight.

cheers ;)

Sorry for not explaining enough :) although if I assume correctly, the chinese part was where I mentioned things that only come up later in the game (such as DB, Kanai's cube, etc) which at this point you don't have to worry about, but if you tell which parts weren't understandable I'll try my best to explain them better.

About HC: in theory I like the concept, but in reality I have too little time and too unstable internet connection to not hate life and/or something more relevant after losing some chars without a fault of my own and even in theory I hate being punished for things I didn't have any control over. But if you like it better than that's great and I hope you'll have a great time with that and my partly chinese WoT will be somewhat useful :)