Damien

Aggro Freeze Mage Standard

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Played 6 games, won 6 games. I love aggro mage.
[merged]
This deck is very effective. I played six games and I won six games. I forgotten how much I loved aggro mage

Edited by positiv2
merged

Trump played this for a while at the end of last season, his YouTube has three or four vids of it. He plays it very well, getting to Legend with a 23-7 record so might help people learning the deck (the last vid is here).

If, like me, you haven't played much freeze mage before it takes quite a while to get the hang of. I tanked from about 1000th to 7000th (EU) while playing it last season. Was starting to get the hang of it but not ready to risk ladder progress with it yet. It's great fun to play though.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:15 PM, Bozonik said:

Trump played this for a while at the end of last season, his YouTube has three or four vids of it. He plays it very well, getting to Legend with a 23-7 record so might help people learning the deck (the last vid is here).

If, like me, you haven't played much freeze mage before it takes quite a while to get the hang of. I tanked from about 1000th to 7000th (EU) while playing it last season. Was starting to get the hang of it but not ready to risk ladder progress with it yet. It's great fun to play though.

Thanks for linking that video, hopefully it can help those that are struggling!

I'd just like to mention something that is missing in the guide: Frost Nova can be used offensively to net you more minion damage even after you have lost the board. By freezing up your opponent's minions, you also prevent them from attacking into yours, so playing a turn like nova+apprentice/valet/etc can easily give you that extra bit of reach in a lot of situations. This has won me countless games with this deck.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:04 AM, Keizoku said:

Jesus H. Christ, the sooner Reno Jackson rotates out of standard, the better...

Do I sense a bit of salt? For real though, it's a nightmare vs. this deck.

16 hours ago, JooBatanete said:

I'd just like to mention something that is missing in the guide: Frost Nova can be used offensively to net you more minion damage even after you have lost the board. By freezing up your opponent's minions, you also prevent them from attacking into yours, so playing a turn like nova+apprentice/valet/etc can easily give you that extra bit of reach in a lot of situations. This has won me countless games with this deck.

Interesting point. I imagine it would need to be added cautiously, in case people start wasting it to push damage that should otherwise be skipped on to prevent more damage in the long run. Will see what we can do anyway, thanks!

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

Do I sense a bit of salt?

A whole sea of it; but let us just say the bottom of my heart opinion about that card isn't fit for publishing so I summarised!  :p

1 person likes this

I've had really bad luck with this deck, escpecially witht he doomsayer, I've had games in which I had everything ready, but the doomsayer is literally always the last card in my deck, i really don't know why but it sucks so bad for me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor