FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
starkw0w

Help with Balance rotation.(confused)

Hey guys, im kinda new to boomkin in legion the thing i dont understand (maybe im reading it wrong) but, i dont really get that part about casting Lunar strike. "Cast Lunar Strike Icon Lunar Strike, only to avoid wasting Lunar Empowerment Icon Lunar Empowerment charges (so, when you have 3 charges)." Should'nt i ignore casting Lunar strike on pure single target? Is it dpsloss if i dont cast Lunar strike or? 

Thanks! 

I agree Stark... I don't quite understand it. Lunar and Solar build up empowerments at the same time so won't I have the same number of lunar and solar casts by the end of the fight (or at least really close to each other since sometimes I'll have to use Solar to generate astral)?

Its more of a DPS loss to waste empowerment stacks since if you don't use them, you'll only have 3 total starfires that are empowered when you decide to dump all your damage.  You want to weave in starfires so you don't use starsurge when you have 3 stacks.  Also, its not a DPS loss on a single target becasue it does more damage than wrath, it still does decent damage.

Think about it like this, out of 20 casts, do you want (hypothetical numbers) 12 empowered starfires over a 60s period, or only 6, even on a single target.

TL;DR version - An Empowered Lunar Strike does more DPS than a Solar Wrath that is not empowered (also generates more Astral Power per sec)

Edited by Archimage
  • Like 2

For pure single target: Empowered Wrath > Empowered Lunar Strike > basic Wrath > basic Lunar Strike

You cast Lunar Strike at 3 charges so that your next Starsurge doesn't overwrite an empowerment charge (causing you to later on cast more unempowered Wraths as filler). If you're out of Wrath empowerments, it is also correct to cast Lunar Strike. You can also spend down to 1 or even 0 charges if you're pooling astral power to time a bunch of Starsurges in a trinket proc or burst phase or something. Generally, though, you'll choose to cast Empowered Wrath before Empowered Lunar Strike.