FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hughthehand

Secrets of the Empire

You can get secrets once per boss per week.

Ie.: If you have done Jin'rokh on LFR, you won't be able to get Secrets from him this week. Neither on LFR, Normal, or Heroic.

• Like 1

But you can keep running LFR until EACH boss drops one. So your maximum would normally be 12 per week.

Can you confirm this? Because I highly doubt it.

http://us.battle.net...c/8178768002#15

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

Other users on Wowhead, also confirmed this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94593/secrets-of-the-empire#comments:id=1844213

As noted, you only have a chance at one of these the first time you kill a boss that week on any difficulty. I've made sure to cover every boss on LFR if I didn't down it on normal. So far I've killed 3+6+6+9+9+9 bosses (have to do 3rd wing of LFR this week yet) giving me 42 boss kills. I have 12 secrets, for a personal drop rate of some 28.6%. Comparing myself to similar guildies I seem to be a little ahead on luck, best guess is an actual drop rate around 20-25%. On an average full clear week, you'd expect 2-4.

Is it possible to get secrets of the empire running lfr's after you have already completed them?

I think what you are asking is if you run LFR, and you did NOT get a drop for empire, then you can keep running LFR/Normal/Heroic until one does drop.

Answer is no. Once you get credit for the boss kill (rep/VP) that's it for the week. You have to wait until next week. A Boss will not drop anything for the remainder of the week, includes ALL world bosses as well.

• Like 1

Okay, so I have I killed some of the SoO bosses before getting the quest for the secrets, does any one know if I can go back to those bosses and have a chance for them to drop since I didn't have the quest when I killed them?

Okay, so I have I killed some of the SoO bosses before getting the quest for the secrets, does any one know if I can go back to those bosses and have a chance for them to drop since I didn't have the quest when I killed them?

I think you can. Not sure if it only works for the first part (the sigils of power/wisdom) or if there had been a reset and i just forgot about it but I got sigils of power on my druid when I did the first part on flex after I had done the same part on lfr. 

Sadly Lifesprout you can't.  Had a guildy who was in the same situation and didn't get any to drop for him.

Pretty sure its been confirmed in a few other places as well (WoWhead etc).

You'll just have to wait till next week!  Good luck with the legendary there is still plenty of time to get it!