FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BorgPokerPro

Where do holy priests stand in raids amoung healers?

Hey All

Our guild is putting together a second progression raid team and I want to heal since I used to raid heal a holy priest and a resto druid until the end of Lich King. Now I main a mage. I am curious how Holy stacks up these days. I was looking at some top guild logs and most Holy Priest seemt o be way behind the other healers on charts and such. What is their main focus these days in the raid and can they hold up in mythic plus as well? I just ran my first dungeon at 104 with the holy priest and felt like I was in a raid as it felt hard to heal everyone all the time and the spells did very little healing.

Thanks in advance.

what im thinking is if there is alot of raidwide damage and u can use sanctify and prayer of healing holy priest is probably not behind anyone atleast, feels like it migth be ahead there. weakness is if there is ppl spread out too much to effectively aoe heal then things get's harder. or if there is just low damage to heal with any spell, where renew migth seem wasted or flash heal too much. but still possible to keep up. atleast in myth+ thats the strugle if there is too much aoe damage and ppl spread out it seems extremely hard to keep ppl up. cant see it possible so far in some of the myth+ lol. holy probably never been as good as it is atm anyway. with the shieldspammers gone and all.

You MUST take Trail of Light and keep in mind that your Echo of Light stacks, multiple heals on one person will reset the HoT and make it stronger. Take Symbol of Hope for raids, Light of the Naaru for dungeons. Don't rely so much on Renew, but cast Prayer of Mending on CD.

hey there

i am maining holy priest at the moment in a progression guild and we cleared HC and are now 1/7 Mythic close to 2/7.

if they are behind or not? tbh i find that not the case at all as said by Bugd if you are a raid healer and they stack it is easy as hell to heal the raid but still if they are spread out there will always be a group of six just stacked up that way that you can cast your holy word sanctify and get the most out of it. as said by Moonsalt cast prayer of mending on cooldown and don"t forget to use your divine hymn twice (possible in every fight i think right now)

to go deeper into Moonsalt his answer:

1. i guesse trail of light is used in mythic+? because in raids i see almost no use in it tbh enlightenment just gives you that more mana regen that you might need in heroic or mythic fights that take some time (you will prob need it for sure)

2. the echo of light DO stack as he said BUT will NOT stack indefinatlly after the first echo runs out of his 6 sec it WILL BE REMOVED from this person and your echo of light will go lower again (would be to OP if it just kept on stacking right? best tank healer ever)

3. if you use laytorrent mana potion at the right time to get the full 10 sec out of it you don't even need symbol of hope. in this case like ursoc (very tank heavy) i would even suggest to go for guardian spirit just because of the flat 40% heal or revive at death. or use light of the naaru for not  tank heavy fights, the 2 sec does not seems like much but once you are in a fight of 4min or longer it adds up a lot even more so if you combine it with apotheosis.

to move back to mythic+. i did some +8 fun once and had not really have a prob healing it but i must say we where a guild group and knew what to do. if it is with random ppl taking random damage it might idd be hard for a holy priest to get this done. BUT if you work some stuff out in talents and rotations i don't see any prob in not making it possible.

if there are any more questions or remarks plz let me know :)

many greeting

Hakamale