Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagsurfer

DPS help

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Been looking at logs from my raid and comparing with top locks.

This is me
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TVzjdfG3pZQB94AK#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=14

This is some other dude...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRXcywqnPbr3WD1G#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=18

Now look at immolate.. Why has his hit 100 times, while mine has hit 36, with almost 100% uptime? Am im going full retard with my class this expansion?

He cast it more than twice as much as you. You cast it 25 times, he cast it 58 times. From the damage spread it looks like he was multi-dotting like a mofo and you weren't as much.

1 person likes this

What Locky said. You did 75% of your damage to Xavius, he did only 58% (though overall it was still more).

Okay so im assuming he was immolating all the tentacles in last phase. Is this to pat the meter, since this is pretty much useless dmg, or is the time spend immolating a fuckton of tentacles worth it when you get to spam chaos bolt on boss?

Ty for help guys :)

In my very limited experience and I actually asked this question in another thread it appears that spreading Immolate so you are at the point where you can spam CBs is a DPS gain. The issue, at least for me, was finding the balance. I actually overdid it became capped on shards and so yes it turned into padding to a point. Still though my damage was noticeably higher to Xavius in the last phase with much more CB casts (your casts did not seem to change so much but you had quite a small damage peak right on the kill when you got the buff pre-MC). Reviake also had BL in the third phase and hence would have had a good head start on the tentacles. 

He/she also did much more damage on the littler adds and also quite abit more on the big one. So just seems they are very good at target swapping and getting in damge before their guildies step in. My fellow guildy tends to beat me on this as well but one day I will be ahead!   

Yea i mean the small adds pretty much get killed before i can get an incenerate to hit them, so i can forget about hitting those. I should have decent damage on the large add, since wreak havoc, and it should have 100% uptime on xavius while im pounding the add. But i guess just try to find a golden point between immolating and spamming chaos bolt....

Anything else you can conclude from my logs? Used to be a really good demo lock last expansion, so this just feels too simple, and i am underperforming compared to what i should/want

As you can compare logs then you are pretty much set in improving your performance. For some people it takes time though to break old habits and learn new muscle memory.

I had a look at your Ursoc kill.  One of the biggest issues there was lack of casts (and especially lower CBs). If you do not know the fight and/or have a guild that likes to move 20 yards when 10 will suffice then that is to be expected but just be aware of it. So just in case you do not know try to save instants for moving (though do not cap), minimise movement when you do have to move and if there is a required move coming (like on Ursoc puddles) you can stagger your movement when you have instants.

Cauterise Master are you triggering that? I'm not sure it's worth the DPS loss. If it's on auto I would suggest to take it off.

Do you have Lord of the Flames arty trait?

You casted Immolate early a few times (I think).

Wreck Havoc is useless on a ST fight though yeah changing talents a lot is expensive.

Perhaps missed several Conflag casts. Perhaps missed some Rift casts. All of these are harder to calculate (especially with a lot of people having the Ripper trait). Do not be capped/do not end the fight with stacks.

What trinky do you have? As dumping all 3 rifts at the start with no BL probably isn't ideal when you know you will have to move soonish. 

Eradication seems a little low.

Capped Shards a few times. If you know you are going to have to Conflag or have to move soon try not to be on 4 shards.  

Do you have a useable racial? Not sure what you play.

You do good stuff as well but not much point telling you that :)

Hope this helped and be aware there always may be errors.

Yea was getting to know destro again on that fight. May move too much, Shitty artifact traits, as i started out healing for the guild, so im behind.
But i pretty much know all this stuff, so i guess just practise and eventually ill get good again ;D

Not missing any fancy tricks then

Tyvm and gl in mythic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      Raid: 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)
      We are 7/7 Emerald Night, 3/3 Trial of Valor and 3/10 Nighthold on the first week!
      Currently Recruiting:
      Death Knight - Tank Demon Hunter - Tank Druid - Tank, Range Dps or Healer Mage - Dps Monk - Tank, Dps or Healer Paladin - Tank or Healer Priest - Healer Shaman - Range Dps Warlock - Dps Hunter - Range Dps
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

PVP:
      For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

Achievements: 
      As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/ascendencyguild
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash
    • By Westvleteren
      Are you looking to experience content with a solid group, but you don't have the time or desire for Mythic raiding?  We might be a great fit!
      Our team is recruiting for normal and heroic mode Nighthold and beyond.  Flex raids mean you always have a raid slot.  The guild provides all raid consumables.
      Raid times:
      Tuesday and Thursdays, 8:00PM - 11:00PM EST. Only six hours a week (often less once fights are on farm).  
      Sunday evenings we often hold optional Alt raids.
      Recruitment needs:
      We are especially interested in Warlocks, Boomkins, Hunters, Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and Rogues. Even if you are not one of those classes, don't hesitate to reach out if we sound like a good fit for you.
      Requirements:
      We ask that you join us in Discord during raids, at least to listen.  Perform reasonably for your gear level in Normal and Heroic raid content.  Our guideline is ilvl 865 but we can work with you. Our raid schedule is light, so we ask that you try to make raids whenever possible.  We of course realize things come up sometimes. Contact:
      Fill out an application on our website: http://condescending.enjin.com/  Navigate to the recruitment forums for instructions. My main is Westvleteren-Zul'jin (battle tag: Westvleteren#1524). My recruitment partner is Aârøñ-Zul'jin (battle tag: cactusdoodle#1677).
    • By spookychick13
      Hi,

Heading into Nighthold for the first time tonight and now sure how to spec.
      ST?
      AOE?
      MoC or Volley? Is Stampede worth taking?

Help please.
    • By Claratin
      <Non Lethal Force> is recruiting for Nighthold progression! Raid times are 8-11 TW EST. Recruiting exceptional dps and healers to push into Mythic Raiding. Currently looking for ranged DPS and a Paladin healer. Send me a message here or in game for more information.